Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: ONeill on February 10, 2023, 09:09:40 PM
Big win for St Joe's Donaghmore in the McLarnon.

Not too distant future could see Cookstown, Dungannon, Omagh and Donaghmore competing in the A grade. Possibly Ballygawley too.
What about the Dean?

redzone

Have the CBS taking their eye of the ball. Players seem to have spent the week doing publicity photos. Be interesting to see how it plays out on Sunday

Estimator

Quote from: ONeill on February 10, 2023, 09:09:40 PM
Big win for St Joe's Donaghmore in the McLarnon.

Not too distant future could see Cookstown, Dungannon, Omagh and Donaghmore competing in the A grade. Possibly Ballygawley too.

Would Donaghmore and Ballygawley have the numbers to play consistently at that level? Or would they be like Kilkeel a couple of great year groups and then fade back a bit?
Ulster League Champions 2009

Armagh18

Quote from: redzone on February 10, 2023, 10:55:22 PM
Have the CBS taking their eye of the ball. Players seem to have spent the week doing publicity photos. Be interesting to see how it plays out on Sunday
Cute hoorism?

clarshack

Will this be easy got on the iPlayer app tomorrow or a whole rigmarole like the Armagh v Monaghan game?

Walter Cronc

Am I the only one who just doesn't get the whole appeal of McRory cup? In many cases the best players (senior county) don't even feature whereas lads who peak early in their physical development do.

LC

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 12, 2023, 08:24:48 AM
Am I the only one who just doesn't get the whole appeal of McRory cup? In many cases the best players (senior county) don't even feature whereas lads who peak early in their physical development do.

Would not necessarily agree with your first point but there is merit in your second point.

Milltown Row2

Were you not picked for your school team?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 12, 2023, 08:42:42 AM

Were you not picked for your school team?

Never even picked for 5 a side  ;D

general_lee

I get this. a relative of didn't make McRory, didn't make one single school team in fact but fast forward 4/5 years later was on the fringes of the  senior county team and only for studying and traveling abroad probably would have made it at inter county level. I'd say there was probably only a handful of players from my years McRory team that was still playing club football at senior level 10 years on. That said I do enjoy the latter stages of the competition and keep an eye out for results.

Wildweasel74

Tony Scullion dudnt stand out at school fball, look where he ended up, where D Barton stood out a mile at the vocational school level for St Pius. I dudnt really think Tohill stood out at school fball, (Did for Derry Minors) D McNicholl and J McCartan were always the stand out players at MacCrory Cup level. Still can't understand how the age limit is 19, who is still at school at that age? Outside of repeats.

WT4E

Can u pay at the f**king gate today

bigfrank

Quote from: WT4E on February 12, 2023, 12:48:10 PM
Can u pay at the f**king gate today

You could at the semi final #cashisking

Walter Cronc

If Holy Trinity have lads who are brought in a day or two a week I hope Omagh wipe the floor with them!

clarshack

Holy Trinity have been shockingly poor.
Doesn't look like they've any decent forwards.