Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

Quote from: marty34 on September 26, 2020, 11:36:54 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on September 26, 2020, 11:28:44 AM
Is the McRory final going ahead this year?

Good question.

I thought, when lock down came in, that they talked about playing it in September.

It'll hardly be played now.

Mc larnon is in two weeks. Assume it's a double bill with McRory
Don't Panic

twohands!!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: twohands!!! on September 29, 2020, 03:56:48 PM
Very sore dose for the young lads involved.

https://twitter.com/ulsterschools/status/1310892475293356033/photo/1

That's just madness! Kids are at school training away in their bubbles and how much would it be to the schools to arrange testing leading up to these very important games in their young lives?!!!

My daughter is training away with school, I dropped her off at Jstown last night and there was a senior hockey game on one pitch a rugby game on the other and I presume the Antrim hurlers were training away on the top pitch!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2020, 12:28:44 PM

That's just madness! Kids are at school training away in their bubbles and how much would it be to the schools to arrange testing leading up to these very important games in their young lives?!!!

My daughter is training away with school, I dropped her off at Jstown last night and there was a senior hockey game on one pitch a rugby game on the other and I presume the Antrim hurlers were training away on the top pitch!

But are most of these players not at university now?

rodney trotter

The Leinster schools final was in July. There wasn't much point arranging it for September when a lot of them would be in College.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on September 30, 2020, 04:10:00 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2020, 12:28:44 PM

But are most of these players not at university now?

I suppose, but still eligible due to the postponement surely?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 30, 2020, 09:17:49 PM
I'm not sure eligibility is his point. Have these school teams continued to train? Were lads at university across England, Scotland etc expected to fly back in the middle of a pandemic to play these games, for schools they no longer go to?
Was there really appetite for this? I know it's a big deal for young lads but surely the whole taste had gone off it long ago.

However, had Ulster Colleges sold tickets for it....?

I was waiting on a call up for the game  ;D

Yes get your point totally, but not playing it due to possible Covid reasons shouldn't be the answer as games have happened and these lads probably would have played for their own clubs too recently

Truth hurts

ARe there any games coming up in football competitions, where can you find fixtures?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 03, 2021, 01:45:41 PM
ARe there any games coming up in football competitions, where can you find fixtures?

Think there is a small period of time, certainly for the uni's, I've done a few games recently at UUJ. the freshers were put out by DCU the other night.

Would only imagine the schools are doing the same, cramming it in, games to be played to finish extra time of ten minutes then penalties, just in case anyone is unsure  ;)

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 03, 2021, 01:59:37 PM

Think there is a small period of time, certainly for the uni's, I've done a few games recently at UUJ. the freshers were put out by DCU the other night.

Would only imagine the schools are doing the same, cramming it in, games to be played to finish extra time of ten minutes then penalties, just in case anyone is unsure  ;)

Must be a few Mageean Cup Hurling games on this week.. Struggling to get an U17 team together for tonight.

Tyrdub

Quote from: johnnycool on November 03, 2021, 03:23:08 PM

Must be a few Mageean Cup Hurling games on this week.. Struggling to get an U17 team together for tonight.

3 games on tomorrow

Ulster Schools GAA
@ulsterschools
·
6h
🗓All games take place on Thursday 04 November 2021

Section 🅰️
@CpcBallycastle
V
@STMARYSCBGS

📌
@AllSaintsGAC
@ 2:15pm

@StKillians
V
@SLGBallymena

📌 Glenarrife @ 2:30pm

Section 🅱️
@Redhigh1934
V
@StPatsMaghera

📌
@QueensSport
The Dub @ 1:15pm

johnnycool

Quote from: Tyrdub on November 03, 2021, 04:12:57 PM

3 games on tomorrow

Ulster Schools GAA
@ulsterschools
·
6h

Section 🅰️
@CpcBallycastle
V
@STMARYSCBGS

📌
@AllSaintsGAC

@StKillians
V
@SLGBallymena

Section 🅱️
@Redhigh1934
V
@StPatsMaghera

📌
@QueensSport

Red High had it tight with a win over St Pats Maghera. They've Knock up next and we've lads on both teams who won't go easy on each other...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on November 05, 2021, 11:30:46 AM
Quote from: Tyrdub on November 03, 2021, 04:12:57 PM

3 games on tomorrow

Ulster Schools GAA
@ulsterschools
·
6h

Section 🅰️
@CpcBallycastle
V
@STMARYSCBGS

📌
@AllSaintsGAC

@StKillians
V
@SLGBallymena

Section 🅱️
@Redhigh1934
V
@StPatsMaghera

📌
@QueensSport

Red High had it tight with a win over St Pats Maghera. They've Knock up next and we've lads on both teams who won't go easy on each other...

Loved playing against club mates in school games!! I did not go easy either lol

imtommygunn

Is this red high's first year JC?

Estimator

Good start from the Convent in the MacRory Final.
Ulster League Champions 2009