Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any craic

Video - see St Patrick's Maghera's killer second goal in today's Danske Bank MacRory Cup Final: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Cf2J3o5Gg&feature=youtu.be

DownFanatic

Quote from: Orior on March 18, 2013, 12:50:35 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on March 18, 2013, 12:42:58 PM
Lurgan 1-06  1-04 Kilkeel

The Lurgan team must be about 70% from Clann Eireann. They must have a good set up in that club.

Clann Eireann have been dominating U8 and U10 tournaments across the Province for the past 7/8 years so it is all probably a follow on from this.

ranch

Well done St. Pat's.

Great effort from St. Paul's in the 2nd half there, O'Hanlon and Eoghan Burns were everywhere.

ONeill

That was an exciting finish in crap conditions. Hard luck to Bessbrook - a bit like Kilkeel all those years ago.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Walter Cronc

Get in there!! Delighted.

Hard luck Bessbrook but I have no doubt you'll be back.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: AFS on March 18, 2013, 02:45:06 PM
Very hard on St. Paul's there, thought they deserved at least a draw. Maghera really hanging on in the end. Flukey first goal for Maghera and a lot of bad wides from St. Paul's the difference in the end.

St Paul's played the better football in the second half, but their shooting let them down at times. Couple of excellent saves from the St Pats keeper.

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Walter Cronc

Ref favourable to St Pauls in the 2nd half.

Goals win matches at underage!!

ranch

I wouldn't say he was favourable, he gave frees that deserved to be given.

Walter Cronc

O'Hanlons at the end when he clearly charged??

ranch

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 18, 2013, 02:58:39 PM

50/50. I've seen them given either way on many occasions, as I'm sure all of us have.

You think that one incident justifies your statement that he favoured St. Paul's for the entire 2nd half?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AFS on March 18, 2013, 03:04:43 PM
Thought the ref gave a load of handy frees throughout the game. Didn't think either side was really favoured over the other. Could have been more than two minutes injury time, that one was of particular benefit to Maghera.

Didn't give any injury time in the first half which is rare
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walter Cronc

Quote from: ranch on March 18, 2013, 03:03:34 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 18, 2013, 02:58:39 PM

50/50. I've seen them given either way on many occasions, as I'm sure all of us have.

You think that one incident justifies your statement that he favoured St. Paul's for the entire 2nd half?

Apologies Jarlath!

Throw ball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2013, 03:07:42 PM
Quote from: AFS on March 18, 2013, 03:04:43 PM
Thought the ref gave a load of handy frees throughout the game. Didn't think either side was really favoured over the other. Could have been more than two minutes injury time, that one was of particular benefit to Maghera.

Didn't give any injury time in the first half which is rare

Was too bloody cold and wet. He was looking in for a hot drink!

ONeill

Many of that Bessbrook team available next year?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ranch

Quote from: ONeill on March 18, 2013, 03:15:46 PM
Many of that Bessbrook team available next year?

There'll be quite a few from the panel still there next year but it's hard to see them being as strong. I think the 5th years won the colleges B tournament before Christmas when they beat St. Joseph's Crossmaglen, but the step from that to MacRory will be huge.