Strategic Review of Gaelic Games in Laois 2017

Started by redsetanta, July 07, 2017, 12:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merman

Andrew is a coach. The fact that he was 'Lead GDA' never sat well with me and I know it caused friction with the other GDAs, no reflection on him by the way.

The new man is a Manager, albeit one with a coaching background. He will assume the role that Niall Handy covered for the last few years, overseeing the work of the GDAs. Its not a coaching role. It's an organisational/management role and hopefully his background in business will stand to him.

I believe he came highly recommended by Peter Hally who worked with him before.

clonadmad

Quote from: Zooming around on April 16, 2019, 01:03:30 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on April 16, 2019, 10:21:35 AM
Quote from: Zooming around on April 16, 2019, 10:02:38 AM
Is there nobody from Laois able to do/get these jobs?

No there's not

Colm Begley should a lot of potential,but he didn't stick around long enough

Maybe outsiders from Kerry and Tipperary might bring a different perspective and drive to things.

I don't think anyone can doubt Peter Hally's and Jason Coffey's commitment to the job at the minute anyways

Wasn't doubting anyone's commitment to anything. Just would like to have seen a Laois person getting it or more to the point, I would like to think we have somebody capable of doing it. Was that not Andrew Kavanagh's job? Is he not good enough?

Completely separate role to what Andrew was and is doing

This isn't a coaching position,it's an operational management position.

Best person should get the job and not based on where he is from

The governance and organization of juvenile games in the likes of Kerry and Tipp is well ahead of what we have here.

Blow-in

I would have imagined Ciaran Muldowney was best placed to take on the Games Manager job?

clonadmad

Quote from: Batman!!! on April 16, 2019, 05:09:00 PM
I would have imagined Ciaran Muldowney was best placed to take on the Games Manager job?

Muldowney's gone over a year from laois at this stage

Blow-in

Oh right. Did he get a job with Kilkenny GAA? Not sure if he's much of a loss to the county to be fair.

clonadmad

Quote from: Batman!!! on April 16, 2019, 06:43:05 PM
Oh right. Did he get a job with Kilkenny GAA? Not sure if he's much of a loss to the county to be fair.

He got a job in Kilkenny

Selling Cars

Don Draper

Good luck to him. He wasn't the worse sort. 

Zooming around

Quote from: clonadmad on April 16, 2019, 06:02:07 PM
Quote from: Batman!!! on April 16, 2019, 05:09:00 PM

Muldowney's gone over a year from laois at this stage

Is he gone over a year already? Jaysus where does the time go?

He wasn't everybody's cup of tea but he did some great work with Development Squads (We're much improved at National Level over the last few years) and he was very good at the Coach Education side of things. I always found him a great help with our Nursery and Go Games coaches. He rang me shortly before he finished up to thank me and say goodbye and he said he didn't want to leave but felt he was left with no choice.