TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

I am watching Chernobyl at present, definitely a goodie.
Barry Keogan got the job of shooting the pets, they must have seen his cat clip from Love/Hate.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

HiMucker

Quote from: Snapchap on October 01, 2021, 03:15:40 PM
Anyone watched this Squid Games thing? Seems to be getting good reviews everywhere. Also a new one on netflix getting good reviews is a Danish(?) series - The Chestnut Man. Anyone given it a go yet?
Have just watched the first episode, seems good so far anyway.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: bennydorano on September 24, 2021, 05:30:46 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 06, 2021, 11:40:51 PM
9 perfect strangers on Amazon Prime is very good, watched 3 of 5 episodes and really enjoying it.
Finished 9 perfect strangers (8 episodes) on Prime, very good show, really enjoyable.

3 Episodes in yup enjoyable so far. Kin good again there tonight and Succession coming back shortly. Jibbajabba all set up nicely for the forseeable.

Sopranos and The Wire both came to a conclusion there this weekend on Sky Atlantic. Just tipped in and out. Duno which one to watch from the start again. Maybe Sopranos if i ever get the time. Im rambling now 😃

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on October 02, 2021, 11:23:59 AM
Oh and don't do the American dubbed audio. Best in original language.
If you liked that then Alice in Borderland is right up your street
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 04, 2021, 12:00:37 AM
9 perfect strangers on Amazon Prime is very good, watched 3 of 5 episodes and really enjoying it.
Finished 9 perfect strangers (8 episodes) on Prime, very good show, really enjoyable.

3 Episodes in yup enjoyable so far. Kin good again there tonight and Succession coming back shortly. Jibbajabba all set up nicely for the forseeable.

Sopranos and The Wire both came to a conclusion there this weekend on Sky Atlantic. Just tipped in and out. Duno which one to watch from the start again. Maybe Sopranos if i ever get the time. Im rambling now 😃

The Sopranos is far better than The Wire.

I watched The Chestnut Man, very good show.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: screenexile on September 30, 2021, 09:21:10 PM
Midnight Mass is some craic lads!!
A bit mad isn't it?  ;D
Enjoyed it so far though, even though it wouldn't usually be my sort of thing
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 04, 2021, 08:18:55 AM

I watch The Chestnut Man, very good show.

I'll sit on the fence on this one 😊
Having said that ive literally just got The Sopranos Family Cookbook in the post so thats todays reading sorted 😃

Snapchap

Thanks O'Neill. And yeah I learned that lesson after trying to watch Money Heist on dubbed audio. Lasted mere seconds before subtitles were reverted to lol

toby47

Squid game is a good show. Some real good exciting episodes.

Losing patience with with Kin TBH.

Watched 1st episode of Midnight mass too...strange one this far. Will keep watching

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: toby47 on October 04, 2021, 11:56:45 AM
Squid game is a good show. Some real good exciting episodes.

Losing patience with with Kin TBH.

Watched 1st episode of Midnight mass too...strange one this far. Will keep watching

Started 'Midnight mass' last night too. Enough there to keep me intrigued.

bigarsedkeeper

Finished 9 Perfect strangers over the weekend - was better than I thought it was going to be. Nearly gave up on but she kept going with it and get better as it went on.

Binged Vigil over last weekend too - thought it was good too.

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 04, 2021, 07:28:24 AM
If you liked that then Alice in Borderland is right up your street
Crab street?

nrico2006

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 04, 2021, 09:23:21 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 04, 2021, 08:18:55 AM

I watch The Chestnut Man, very good show.

I'll sit on the fence on this one 😊
Having said that ive literally just got The Sopranos Family Cookbook in the post so thats todays reading sorted 😃

Going to watch that Sopranos prequel tonight, couldn't get to it the past 2 nights but tonight is the night.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

An Watcher

Do they still do Crazy Tuesdays or am I showing my age!!

toby47

Quote from: An Watcher on October 05, 2021, 12:53:58 PM
Do they still do Crazy Tuesdays or am I showing my age!!

I'm almost sure they do