Eurovision final here we come!!

Started by rrhf, May 08, 2018, 10:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Won't be beat. Best chance in 30 years.

Rois

Marty's breaking out the Baileys early he says.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

It's a good tune well song. Time for a ballad. Ireland always done well with ballads - not too rock not too pop. In fact I think they should enter next year with "The ballad of Johnny Logan"lovely tune.

Itchy

Captain Obvious

Quote from: rrhf on May 08, 2018, 10:17:02 PM
It's a good tune well song. Time for a ballad. Ireland always done well with ballads - not too rock not too pop. In fact I think they should enter next year with "The ballad of Johnny Logan"lovely tune.
Thought it was a shite song and was poorly sang. What was the two lads dancing around for? to win the gay vote from other countries? if so it worked.

Boycey

Oddschecker gives Ireland's odds as ranging from 50/1 out to 300/1...

rrhf

Before big jack took the country down Stuttgart way
And long Before the gpa cried about pay for play
After the pope came to Ireland and boy did we pray
There was one Johnny Logan a man of his day

With Haughey in charge and the country in disarray
There was no Brexit plans and no Theresa may
There was no prospect of a Taoiseach enlightened and gay
Yet there was one Jonny Logan a man of his day.

Farrandeelin

My sister reckoned it would be a travesty if he didn't get through. Fair play to him.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 08, 2018, 10:44:17 PM
Quote from: rrhf on May 08, 2018, 10:17:02 PM
Thought it was a shite song and was poorly sang. What was the two lads dancing around for? to win the gay vote from other countries? if so it worked.

Only heard it for first time last night, not my bag but I thought a reasonable ballad and the lad is able to sing.  I think it shows that the trick is you send a decent song rather than gurning about regional voting.   It is the best we have sent in a long time.  Admittedly choosing gay dancers to tell the story is a tad cynical but it's not the worst thing in the world.

My kids are big into Eurovision and having some skin the game adds to the excitement for Saturday.  Irlande douze points!

/Jim.

AQMP

Not my type of music and I thought the pitch was a bit too high but best of luck to the lad.  Don't think it has much of a chance of winning.  My daughters are big into Eurovision and it's a bit of a novelty for them to have Ireland in the final.  God be with the days when we used to win it every other year!

What's all this "we can't vote for ourselves" bollocks??  Should RTE not be encouraging Northerners to vote for Ireland?? ;)  Both my girls did!  Oh yeah, and f**k the UK out of it after Brexit!

BennyCake

Rois

We were in Lisbon at the weekend and visited the Eurovision Village, great craic - live music on the stage, beers and sangria in the sun, and a few sponsor stands to visit (including one with two Teslas that you could sit in).  Police absolutely everywhere. 

Asal Mor

Ireland have gone from no hopers in the betting to one of the favourites after the Chinese broadcasters didn't show the Irish performance because of the gay dancers. Eurovision have barred the Chinese channel from showing the event.

That gay dance routine was an absolute stroke of genius.

johnnycool

Quote from: Asal Mor on May 11, 2018, 02:06:53 PM
Ireland have gone from no hopers in the betting to one of the favourites after the Chinese broadcasters didn't show the Irish performance because of the gay dancers. Eurovision have barred the Chinese channel from showing the event.

That gay dance routine was an absolute stroke of genius.

Imagine if the rainbow vote is enough to get Ireland over the line...

Catholic Ireland where have you gone?   ;D