urban golf

Started by the Deel Rover, July 03, 2007, 05:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

i was talking to a friend of mine who was raving about this, its set up like a driving range except you play virtual golf courses on a  simulator. just wondering has any one played it or is there any such thing in ireland ,there is a website www.urbangolf.co.uk
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

In Belfast, just off Cromac st on Victoria Street.
Haven't tried it though.
Tbc....

The Real Laoislad

Doesn't one of the posters here own that place?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Norf Tyrone

QuoteDoesn't one of the posters here own that place?

Yip. Canna mind who though?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

the Deel Rover

thanks lads will head up some weekend and give it a go
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 04, 2007, 08:47:26 AM
thanks lads will head up some weekend and give it a go

Bring a few mates up with you and have a few beers while you are playing it. It is great craic with the lads and you could kill a few hours on it.

It isn't very realistic though and the putting is very difficult to master but as I said previously it is an enjoyable way of passing time.

corn02

You bring your own clubs yeah?

Maroon Heaven

It is ownd by My good Self and and home to Belfast's Official Westmeath Supporters club. No Biffs are allowed and in fact I had some Kilkenny Senior Hurlers in with me just tonight who were in Belfast for the night.

It is called Citigolf and the web address is www.citigolfbelfast.com Clubs are available on site Free of charge.

The simulators we use are 98% accurate in relation to distances and shots, and we have had most of the Irish Tour professionals in to test it out. The putting does take time to work out but once you get the grips of it its simple. We have changed some software in March which makes it alot easier but about 1 in every 10 people finds the putting tricky.

We have had quite alot of Gaa teams who have used it for team building and quite alot of Gaaboard members in making themselves known.

DrinkingHarp

Maroon,
That is a nice website and biz you have there. I live in Chicago and the ones near me are packed from December to March when the snow and cold hits. You might want to put the hours of operation on your website.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Maroon Heaven

Cheers Drinking Harp.

We open at 10am every day until 11pm - 7 days a week.

We get alot of Stags and Corporate parties at present and any sign of bad weather the casual golfers will use it as they will want to stay dry.

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: Maroon Heaven on July 04, 2007, 11:57:10 PM
about 1 in every 10 people finds the putting tricky.

Does this mean I am thick?  :)

We will probably be trying it out again shortly so perhaps I will find it easier 2nd time around.

corn02

Hopefully will be up some night maroon.