The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

Quote from: Hurling123 on July 26, 2023, 07:09:43 PM
Look your opinion of this team has been so negative from your first post.
For such an informed man you clearly leave out so much information
You talk of this team at last year level . this team started out last year as 4 divisional teams .
They played other county teams while in this format
The  team reached the semi final of the Tony forrisal after beating cork and Wexford in Waterford lost to Tipperary who I believe won the competition out.
My point is if you have all the information why not put that up the positive aspects,.your comments are all so negative.
As I said my agenda is for development of this team and other underage teams in the county.i know that the management team are really struggling to get people to help out with mid week sessions. They train from 11 until 1.30 in the Coe on Tuesday. They also train every Saturday morning.
I will certainly try and make it down to Tipperary to support the lads.

I suspected you were a bluffer but you've convinced me now

Laois weren't good enough to play in the Tony Forristal last year

Tipp beat Waterford 2 in 1 semi and Kilkenny beat Waterford 1 in the other

Tipp beat KK in the Final

The Forristal Shield Final was between Wexford and Cork which Wexford Won.

Laois played in the Sonny Walsh which is for the next 16 teams in the Country

Results here

Were

Laois 1 0-07 Tipperary 3 12-08

Laois 2 2-10 Tipperary 2 7-15

Wexford 2 3-11 Laois 2 2-08

Kerry won the Walsh Shield

Cork won the Walsh Cup

Trials were based on 4 divisional teams which were shambolic in their organization and they were whittled down to 40 odd lads

SpeculativeEffort

Reading this thread with interest as I genuinely care about the state of Laois hurling. Often I read two people disagreeing on forums and I can cobble together the gist of the overall story as people will have share a common thread on details, facts, information (without actually agreeing).
However I have NEVER seen posters post such diametrically opposite details with both adamant they are correct. Can anyone corroborate either reports of results in Tony Forristal etc. ??

Hurling123

My friend as I have already said laois played as divisional teams for a period last year so that was laois east,west , north,and South these teams played in the games approaching Tony forstell.
So laois played in the Sony Walsh.
Wexford played laois in the first game ls 5-11 wx 1.7

I have the team sheet here.i was there with the team . The email address for that laois team Is laoishurlingteam@gmail.com
If anyone wants to make contact I am sure the bluffer will be soon seen
I have and will continue to say that management need help if you are so good and knowledgeable why don't you help.

Hurling123

Ah now I see what you are looking at laois second team results
Why don't you put laois first team results . ?
As i continue to say after the phase of 4 regional team laois split into two teams and continued in that format right up to now.
So you seem to giving the results and scores of the second team
I was with the first team in my time there.
Now I am done having pointless discussions its certainly not going t bring anything to this team or laois hurling

clonadmad

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on July 26, 2023, 09:10:52 PM
Reading this thread with interest as I genuinely care about the state of Laois hurling. Often I read two people disagreeing on forums and I can cobble together the gist of the overall story as people will have share a common thread on details, facts, information (without actually agreeing).
However I have NEVER seen posters post such diametrically opposite details with both adamant they are correct. Can anyone corroborate either reports of results in Tony Forristal etc. ??

The Poster made the following comment

" The  team reached the semi final of the Tony forrisal after beating cork and Wexford in Waterford lost to Tipperary who I believe won the competition out."

You can verify whether he told the truth or not here

Tony Forristal and Sonny Walsh Results 2022 results available below

https://twitter.com/tonyforristal/status/1563643591699836928?s=46&t=Z3KW3Rw04beopUDsdM2Hwg

https://twitter.com/tonyforristal/status/1563651881267863552?s=46&t=Z3KW3Rw04beopUDsdM2Hwg

SpeculativeEffort

Quote from: clonadmad on July 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM

" The  team reached the semi final of the Tony forrisal after beating cork and Wexford in Waterford lost to Tipperary who I believe won the competition out."

https://twitter.com/tonyforristal/status/1563643591699836928?s=46&t=Z3KW3Rw04beopUDsdM2Hwg

https://twitter.com/tonyforristal/status/1563651881267863552?s=46&t=Z3KW3Rw04beopUDsdM2Hwg

Thanks. Some questions on the structure of the current Forristal/Walsh Tournament.

My understanding is Forristal Cup is top, Forristal Shield is next and then Sonny Walsh tier 3. Why (in the results) are Wexford 2 in the Forristal Shield but Wexford 1 in the Sonny Walsh competition? I also see a Tipp 1 and 2 in the Sonny Walsh. Theres also a Tipp 1 in the Forristal.  Are they different teams? Should it read Tipp 1 in Forr and Tipp 2+3 in Sonny Walsh.

It just makes for unclear reading.

Hurling123

Glad to clarify.
What went up on twitter was incorrect due to games had to be changed due to the death of Dylan quirke. As I said I was there what was put up on twitter was incorrect Tipperary and Wexford were in laois team one group. Hope that clear any confusion.

Zooming around

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on July 27, 2023, 07:52:33 AM

Thanks. Some questions on the structure of the current Forristal/Walsh Tournament.

My understanding is Forristal Cup is top, Forristal Shield is next and then Sonny Walsh tier 3. Why (in the results) are Wexford 2 in the Forristal Shield but Wexford 1 in the Sonny Walsh competition? I also see a Tipp 1 and 2 in the Sonny Walsh. Theres also a Tipp 1 in the Forristal.  Are they different teams? Should it read Tipp 1 in Forr and Tipp 2+3 in Sonny Walsh.

The Tony Forristal is for the top teams.
The Sonny Walsh is made up of the second teams of the top counties plus some weaker counties.
Both the Forristal and Walsh cups have a shield for early round losers.
We have alternated between the Forristal and Walsh over the last number of years.

Leixlad

I got a copy of this years u15 group results up to the Galway game (which i think was a playoff game post groups to determine final seedings for end of year tournament?)

John Doyle Group 4
Clare 2 1-08 V Limerick 2 1-08
Meath 1 4-09 V Laois 1 4-11
Clare 2 0-10 V Meath 1 1-12
Limerick 2 1-15 V Laois 1 2-21
Laois 1 1-09 V Clare 2 6-19
Meath 1 2-06 V Limerick 2 1-19

clonadmad

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on July 27, 2023, 07:52:33 AM

Forristal is Top tier

And splits into Cup and Shield

Sonny Walsh is second Tier

And also splits into Cup and Shield

The numbering of Teams can be confusing all right

Tipp 1 as per your example in the Forristal os their number 1 team

Tipp 1 in the walsh is their second squad and tipp 2 is their third squad

Laois had 2 squads in the Sonny walsh

Waterford had 2 squads make Forristal semi finals

clonadmad

Quote from: Hurling123 on July 27, 2023, 09:54:25 AM
Glad to clarify.
What went up on twitter was incorrect due to games had to be changed due to the death of Dylan quirke. As I said I was there what was put up on twitter was incorrect Tipperary and Wexford were in laois team one group. Hope that clear any confusion.

Dillon Quirke died on the 5th of August last year

The Forristal and Walsh Conpetition took place on the 28th of August

Are you seriously telling us all that the Tony Forristal committee fabricated all its results,moved Laois out of the 16 team Forristal section,repeatedly put wrong results up then on social media and that no one challenged them ?

And that's even before we come to the spectators who witnessed the actual games ?

mcwregor

Quote from: Leixlad on July 27, 2023, 10:19:50 AM
I got a copy of this years u15 group results up to the Galway game (which i think was a playoff game post groups to determine final seedings for end of year tournament?)

John Doyle Group 4
Clare 2 1-08 V Limerick 2 1-08
Meath 1 4-09 V Laois 1 4-11
Clare 2 0-10 V Meath 1 1-12
Limerick 2 1-15 V Laois 1 2-21
Laois 1 1-09 V Clare 2 6-19
Meath 1 2-06 V Limerick 2 1-19

Theres being negative and then theres reality.
So the reality is Clare's second string beat us by 25 points? Or am I missing something?
Regardless we are competing in the B competition in most of these development squad tournaments

Hurling123

As Laoislad put up the results of this year competition .
Exactly as I said before . We best Limerick in Limerick lost to Clare but this was on the weekend that feile competition was played so we were missing alot of the team .
My post started by remarking how well our u15 done at the weekend by beating Galway 1 in Galway.
I have checked in with the management and no one has approached them with a view of helping out.
Tells alot about some of the knowledge men

Giovanni

It shouldn't be too much for the Laois GAA website to publish these results as a matter of course.

Zooming around

Quote from: Hurling123 on July 27, 2023, 03:17:45 PM
As Laoislad put up the results of this year competition .
Exactly as I said before . We best Limerick in Limerick lost to Clare but this was on the weekend that feile competition was played so we were missing alot of the team .
My post started by remarking how well our u15 done at the weekend by beating Galway 1 in Galway.
I have checked in with the management and no one has approached them with a view of helping out.
Tells alot about some of the knowledge men

So you're happy enough to acknowledge my point that a team named Galway 1 isn't necessary Galway's A team??#

Also, how do you know that some of us aren't or haven't been involved with our squads. Development Squads didn't start when you got involved.