Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: annapr on March 16, 2015, 07:59:42 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 15, 2015, 10:37:18 PM
IT now looks to be 4 teams going for 3 spots with City back in the race to keep a CL spot. If Utd can beat Liverpool on Sunday I think they are capable of getting 2nd. Before today's game a point would have beena good result at Anfield next week but I think after the performance today that a win should be the target and effectively end Liverpool hopes for 4th. Saying all that Spurs were toxic today and as is their want, looks like they have bottled it again.
You change your mind more often than the wind changes direction!
A few weeks ago you had United finishing outside the top 4 and now you have them finishing 2nd no less.
All this based on what? A win against a Spurs team that really more or less just rolled over yesterday. Are you even taking into account that United have 5 tough games still to come in Liverpool,Chelsea and Everton away and also City and Arsenal still to play at OT and you think they will finish 2nd!!!
They may well scrape top 4 and I think they will actually as I think Liverpool left it to late and haven't left any room for dropping points but finish 2nd? No chance.

I didn't say they WOULD finish 2nd I said they had a chance IF they beat Liverpool on Sunday. I can see City getting knocked out of the CL this week and their season is then effectively over. Pelligrini will be under pressure and may even gert sacked and we could see a few more poor results between now and the end of the season from them. Arsenal don't  totally convince me at all either, there is very little between them and Utd.

I don't remember saying that I thought Utd wouldn't get top 4 either but you seem to be very sensitive to my opinion so I'll take your word for it. They are most likely to finish 4th imo and yesterday was the most convincing performance and result in a while, the game was over at half time. A draw at Anfield next Sunday would be a good result, a win would more than likely rule them out of the race for 4th so it is a huge game.

annapr

So you're not convinced by Arsenal even though they have won their last 5 PL games?  ;D

Yet you think United will finish 2nd even though they are falling over the line in most games.

magpie seanie

Quiet enough here today. A lot of the experts on United missing.  :P

Milltown Row2

They'll be back on tonight depending on the result of course
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bingo

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 16, 2015, 11:38:35 AM

Not as quiet as it was for a few months there, few lads must have remembered their login's  ;)

screenexile

No no. . . that was a terrible performance by Spurs rather than anything spectacular by Man Ure! Spurs have been flaky enough all season anyway they knocked 5 past Chelsea then went and got beat by Palace.

Never worry 4th place is still a pipe dream at this stage!

nrico2006

In what world does any football team lose 3 nil or more and not be classed as terrible - but what is seemingly forgotten/ignored is that in most cases its the opposition that is responsible. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

magpie seanie

Quote from: screenexile on March 16, 2015, 11:58:06 AM

No no. . . that was a terrible performance by Spurs rather than anything spectacular by Man Ure! Spurs have been flaky enough all season anyway they knocked 5 past Chelsea then went and got beat by Palace.

Never worry 4th place is still a pipe dream at this stage!

Good stuff screen, I was worried the result yesterday had a bad effect on you.

Boycey

Does anyone know are United playing this weekend??

beer baron

Quote from: Boycey on March 22, 2015, 10:44:14 AM
Does anyone know are United playing this weekend??

Nope they took off to go in a bender with the rugby lads.

The Worker

Rumour mata is dropped for di Maria  :o

GJL

Dominating the game but only one up. Need more goals or you just know what is going to happen.

beer baron

GJL

beer baron