how it won i will never know!!! 7/1 was some price
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

maddog

Quote from: T O Hare on November 20, 2008, 04:32:19 PM
how it won i will never know!!! 7/1 was some price

The price is what put me off, rare to see one of theirs drifting so badly

Louth Exile

Kicking King Retired

Kicking King, winner of the 2005 Cheltenham Gold Cup for Tom Taaffe, has been retired. Now a 10-year-old, he had been nursed back into action last season following a serious tendon injury and hopes were high he had retained his ability following an encouraging return after a 759-day absence. However, in four subsequent starts he failed to show his old sparkle and connections have decided to call time on the dual King George VI Chase winner's career. "It's not really a sad day, Kicking King was a wonderful chaser to have had," said his owner Conor Clarkson. "On looking back over his racing career you realise what an amazing racehorse he was. I suppose it's a little bit sad his racing career is over, but he can now look forward to a happy retirement."

http://www.irish-racing.com/v4news1.htm
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Hardy

Pity we didn't see more of him. He was just shaping up to be a potential super horse when he got injured. His gold cup winning performance is one of my favourite races ever.

Louth Exile

He had some record, second only to the brilliant well chief in the arkle over an inadequate trip as a novice. Won 2 King Georges and a Gold Cup. Would he have beaten WOA in his GC if he hadn't got injured?? Who knows, he was a class act and it is good to see that connections have done the right thing WOA is coming along nicely but KK was not going to get back.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Hardy

It seems the King George will be the first chance for WOA to be measured against Kauto Star and the other top chasers. WOA is quoted at 20/1 for that - seems hugely generous to me or is he maybe not expected to take his place?

Looks like Nicholls is also keeping Denman and KS apart until the Gold Cup. Denman is entered in the Aintree national too!

full back

Big Scoop6 jackpot tomorrow, could be £4 million or more
Anyone know where I can get a list of the races & runners today?
ONL perhaps??

Lecale2

How do you do this Scoop bet?

SidelineKick

Was wondering that myself.  Would make the old Saturday a bit interesting.  Well until the first race that is and your horse is beat.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Our Nail Loney

The races are not announced as yet... Its six of the televised races tomorrow...

I think there are seven races on channel four tomorrow, so prob the six out of them

They should be announced this afternoon

Some gamble going on the market for how much will be wagered on it? Tote opened up at 50/1 for over 4million, last I checked they had cut it in to 13/2!!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Lecale2 on November 21, 2008, 09:28:20 AM
How do you do this Scoop bet?

6 televised races... Pick a horse in each rac e you think will win, get the six winners, get the jackpot!

Na but seriously its sort of like the lottery, there is a prize fund which is divided by the amount of ppl that get the six winners, thats if it is won at all... There is also a place fund if you get your horses all placed, the average pay out for this is around 700quid I think...

The way I do it is choose two 'bankers' and then for the other four legs I pick two horses...

To calculate the cost of your slip just multiply the amount of selections in each leg, if you only do one in each its:

1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x = 1 x £2...

The way I do it is £32

2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 1 x 1 = 16 x £2...

Thinking about bumping it up to £64 quid this week...

I had two placed in the first and the fourth legs last saturday, this meant I would have got the place fund four times, which was 420quid if I remember rightly, one leg knocked me, the 9/4 fave knockavilla which fell

:-\

SidelineKick

Where can I do this Nail? Online or in the bookies?  Is there a special slip for it?
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Our Nail Loney

If you go in the boookies the slip will be beside the placepot and tote dockets, you get them in most bookies... Its a yellow slip...

Or you can do it online here...

http://www.totesport.com/portal

Then click on totepool and scoop6, but it will not be on til later, def up this evening, I will post when the races are announced...

full back

Can you post the races when they are announced later nail?

Our Nail Loney

Yeah I will... That market the tote put up for how much will be wagered on the scoop6 went like this

9.30am 50-1
9.36am 20-1
9.46am 14-1
9.53am 10-1
10.02am 8-1
10.56am 13-2
12.14pm 5-1
13.00pm 5-2
14.26pm 2-1
15.21pm SUSPENDED

That is for the over £4million selection