The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on July 23, 2008, 10:00:47 AM
Saddle slipped and got caught up in the legs causing it to tighten - was this the work of bookies given the gamble on the horse?
Connections told me it was set up for the race and would have stuffed the opposition on show - they had the horse laid out for the race and the money showed this..

work of the bookies?? what do you think they did!

spiritof91and94

Got someone to sabotage the saddle - known to happen before, another one of these gambles was a fortnight ago when opening at 8/1 a horse was backed into 7/2 near the off, when the race started the horse next to it, ran straight into the it causing it not to settle until 3 furlongs of the six were over and by that time it was too late and finished 2 lengths behind in 4th.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on July 23, 2008, 12:45:14 PM
Got someone to sabotage the saddle - known to happen before, another one of these gambles was a fortnight ago when opening at 8/1 a horse was backed into 7/2 near the off, when the race started the horse next to it, ran straight into the it causing it not to settle until 3 furlongs of the six were over and by that time it was too late and finished 2 lengths behind in 4th.

Calm down with the conspiracy theories! You sound like a lot of the punters we get in here, would blame anythign apart from their own picking!!

magickingdom

dont know anything about horses but listening to the radio on sat about 3.30 heard about aidan o brien, johnny murtagh and 13 group wins this season, as an accountant it sounded to good to be true so popped down to bookies and made e133 (e200win). skipped the same bet sunday as i thought i might have got lucky and the fecker won again. when is the next group 1/aob/jm race anyone know and should we not all be keeping a close eye on it?

Our Nail Loney

Wednesday at goodwood, the sussex stakes. Henrythenevigator looks to continue his (and aob/jm's) fantastic season.

Really cant believe how mcuh they are dominating this season. The record looks set to go for group ones.

After that there is the nassau stakes at goodwood on saturday, o brien has FIVE runners pencilled in!

Our Nail Loney

Might have missed some out but these are the remaining group ones

BRITAIN:
BGC Sussex Stakes 1m Goodwood
Blue Square Nassau 1m2f Goodwood
Juddmonte International Stakes 1m2f York
Darley Yorkshire Oaks 1m4f York
Coolmore Nunthorpe Stakes 5f York
Betfred Sprint Cup 6f Haydock
********* St Leger Stakes 1m6f Doncaster
Meon Valley Stud Fillies' Mile Stakes 1m Ascot
Queen Elizabeth II Stakes 1m Ascot
Cheveley Park Stakes 6f Newmarket (Rowley Mile)
Shadwell Middle Park Stakes 6f Newmarket (Rowley Mile)
Kingdom of Bahrain Sun Chariot Stakes 1m Newmarket (Rowley Mile)
Darley Dewhurst Stakes 7f Newmarket (Rowley Mile)
Emirates Airline Champion Stakes 1m2f Newmarket (Rowley Mile)
Racing Post Trophy 1m Doncaster

IRELAND:
Moyglare Stud Stakes 7f Curragh
Matron Stakes 1m Leopardstown
Irish Champion Stakes 1m2f Leopardstown
Irish St Leger Stakes 1m5f Curragh
National Stakes 7f Curragh

FRANCE:
Prix d'Astarte 1m Deauville
Prix Maurice de Gheest 6f Deauville
Prix Jacques le Marois 1m Deauville
Prix Morny 6f Deauville
Prix du Moulin de Longchamp 1m Longchamp
Prix Vermeille 1m4f Longchamp
Prix du Cadran 2m4f Longchamp
Prix de la Foret 7f Longchamp
Prix de l'Abbeye de Longchamp 5f Longchamp
Prix de l'Opera 1m2f Longchamp
Prix Marcel Boussac 1m Longchamp
Prix Jean-Luc Lagardere 7f Longchamp
Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 1m4f Longchamp
Prix Royal-Oak 2m1f Longchamp
Criterium International 1m Saint-Cloud
Criterium de Saint-Cloud 1m2f Saint-Cloud

I make that 36 left, with aob sitting on 15 wins so far... the record I think is Bobby Frankel with 25.

magickingdom

your a star nail, going to try my luck on some of them. thought they said on the radio that the record was 33 but i might be wrong...

Our Nail Loney

Its definitely 25, AOB himself had 23 before but then the american fella Bobby Frankel got 25.

Had to look something up just to make sure!

http://www.bettingpro.com/category/Racing/Aidan-OBrien-on-course-for-26-Group-1-wins/

He is surely gonna break the record, the master

On a side note, who the f**k is he always on the phone to after the races??!

Our Nail Loney

Was looking there and seeing the fancies for each race, heres the ones I think will win

Duke - international, irish champ
Henry - Sussex, Moulin, Qe2
Septimus - Irish st leger
SoF - BC turf
Mastercraftsman - National stakes, Dewhurst
Peeping fawn (if she comes back) - Opera, BC fillies
frozen Fire - St leger
Moonstone - Yorkshire oaks
Yeats (if kept fresh) - Cadran

So thats 14 good chances for me and he'll no doubt pick up some others along the way, also take nito account the breeders cup meeting in america with the group ones there

Mac hinery

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 28, 2008, 09:04:40 PM

Bud

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Mac hinery on July 28, 2008, 11:16:06 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 28, 2008, 09:04:40 PM

Bud

Wouldn't surprise ya!

Our Nail Loney

AP O Briens runners today just for magickingdom!

29 Jul 2008 2:50      Hebridean at GOODWOOD(Overnight), Betfair Gordon Stakes (Group 3)
29 Jul 2008 8:40     Great Barrier Reef at GALWAY(Overnight), Tote European Breeders Fund Maiden

magickingdom

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 29, 2008, 10:32:44 AM
AP O Briens runners today just for magickingdom!

29 Jul 2008 2:50      Hebridean at GOODWOOD(Overnight), Betfair Gordon Stakes (Group 3)
29 Jul 2008 8:40     Great Barrier Reef at GALWAY(Overnight), Tote European Breeders Fund Maiden

just saw this so i'm too late nail!

anyway going to stick to aob/jm/group 1 combo otherwise i'll get to like the nags and become a junkie and i'm bad enough on gaa and golf. do you know how many group 1 races there are in a season nial and how many is the aob/jm combo in? 4-6 to break the record of 25 might be worth a punt.

Our Nail Loney

They would go for4 as many of them as possible, aob always saves his horses for the best, thats why you won't see many at galway this week!

You wouldn't get 4/6 on him breaking the record anymore tho magic, that was before he won another four odd group ones, he would be money on even more now unfortunately

Not sure of the exact amount in a season...

joebloggs

i have put a bet on today on a horse for tomorrows galway races. (first ever bet on horses and i havent a clue what im at) but im looking at paddy power site and it says non runner no bet rules apply what does that mean?