big mouths and no brains - armagh

Started by lawnseed 2, May 23, 2007, 12:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miller_modiglliani

qub la la la

has to be! and rumoured to be making a comeback next wed nite for the tones. the way they're going at the min they need all the help they can get.

p.s. annaghmore for relegation modiglliani????

haha

TG4

corn02

miller_modiglliani

what are these allegations? crozier would be some addition to the tones team, as long as he can stay off the drink as doesnt be sick during the matches. the ability is there

lawnseed 2

the point i am making if you read my post properly is that we have been told that the county board are not taking back unsold tickets this is NOT normal proceedure and i think its to cover up the fact that armagh fans are not interested. also i think joes stance on the venue had little to do with armagh supporters getting to see the match but more to do with trying to get donegal out of their home venue to armaghs home venue. i think its time joe realised that the clubs in armagh have their own jobs to do and are not there to raise money for him or take a fiancial hit if he boobs as in this case he has. someone has said that tickets can be returned if that is correct  then we have been given the wrong info and will be in armagh to return 75% of the tickets we were given. if the ceannaras is not open then we are stuck with tickets no one wants

Smokin Joe

Quote from: lawnseed 2 on May 24, 2007, 08:34:56 AM
the point i am making if you read my post properly is that we have been told that the county board are not taking back unsold tickets this is NOT normal proceedure and i think its to cover up the fact that armagh fans are not interested

There was a change of heart and the County Board were accepting returns last night.

lawnseed 2

thankyou joe! why the change of heart i wonder ::) by the way FECKITT please try to improve your reading skills your post was miles off

mooncatiii

no im not simie!! iii even tho th picture looks like him
shazam

Tyrone Dreamer

Im very suprsied that Armagh are struggling to sell their tickets. Is there a genuine possibility that the game wont sell out? Would be sad if it didnt, considering that it has the potential to be a cracker and is pitting the league champions v the ulster champions. Proves again how bad and fickle GAA fans can be. Many Armagh supporters havent been to a Armagh match in near a year and cant make be bothered making a couple of hour journey to see 2 of the best teams battle it out. Ive already voiced my opinions on Tyrone fans before anyone starts. When things arent going totally well people come up with all sorts of reasons for not attending. The price will be one but sure its only £12 into the terrace and most people would spend this in 5 mins on a night out. Standing is another but a lot of Aramgh fans are keen to stand in Clones and people have to stand at most club games. Then there's the old favourite the venue. At the end of the day if your any sort of a supporter a couple of hours in the car is nothing. This has the potentail to be a classic and will define the season for both teams.

Fuzzman

I think the difference between both Tyrone and Armagh fans these days is that they expect it to be a long summer with loads more matches as we have both been spoiled this last 4 or 5 years with numerous trips to Croker. Lots of replays and back door route.

This costs a lot of money these days, especially for families with children as its the whole day out, petrol, lunch, drinks, tickets, snacks for kids, clamping fines, dinner and not home til 8pm usually. Also single lads tend to spend the weekend on the tear then too which is expensive if in Dublin.

If its on the telly you think to yerself maybe I'll wait til they get to the semi or the final.
In 2005 I went to 9 outta the 10 Tyrone games and am glad I did but can't see me getting a licence from the wife this year, NOT that I might be needing it anyway on recent performance.

It's the first year in ages I detect the Armagh fans finally beginning to believe they are there for the taking but looking at that Full Forward line I'm not so sure. The half back line looks strong too.

Good luck on Sunday and we await the winners in the Semi . I think I'd prefer Donegal this year as the wife is from there and that should liven up the atmoshere for the next few weeks. Its on, on our anniversary but I'll be in Clones.

As that Chelsea fan said last Sat from the Ivory Coast, he loves his Mum 1st, then Drogba and then his wife. I don't know his ma but I dont like Drogba much either.

seeheartalk

No family tickets
Spend 72 quid for 2 adults and four children. Leave the house at 10.30 or 11am. Stand with children aged between 4 and 13 from 2pm to 5.30pm.
Get stuck in traffic.
Eat out or tinfoiled grub from the boot - it's no contest.
Get home sometime between 8 and 9pm. You pay that to listen to the kids or watch the telly?
Some people can't do it, some can.
As with any support, some are 'can't be arsed hang-on's' that see sunday as non-club footy day = all dayer in the bar before a bank holiday.
Why dont the all the supporters that go to this game keep their stubs and see if it helps the cause for tickets later in the year.
:-\