Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 20, 2017, 01:32:12 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 20, 2017, 01:18:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 20, 2017, 01:07:12 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 20, 2017, 12:46:36 PM
No no harm done  ;), it was a scandalous objection but nothing new there.

Could be a good example for other clubs to follow.

Seems to work well out in the sticks but for whatever reason the city teams struggled with that type of  raising money! Trust me we have a dedicated team working on such things and working with the local agencies to achieve better facilities, we hope to be in a position to change things in the not too distant future

Out in the sticks is where you'll find the true GAA people.. not in the city.  :-* ;)

yeah the ones that jump fences and hit kids and the ones that beat up referees  ;)

The ones who can do that and not get caught..

theskull1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 20, 2017, 01:32:12 PM
yeah the ones that jump fences and hit kids and the ones that beat up referees  ;)

Didn't know 'Cut' was a Culchie  ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

TheGeneral

Quote from: Minder on September 19, 2017, 07:35:00 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on September 19, 2017, 05:00:55 PM
What Glenariff have achieved in raising and securing funding to build their new facility is nothing short of magnificent. They are an example to many other clubs who wish to improve their own facilities. That being said securing the funding is actually the easier part. When all the big knobs leave after the grand opening and tea and sandwiches that is when it get tough. There are no grants for heat, electric, rates, maintenance or the like.

That's the nail on the head & i feel we have maybe over extended, could be wrong. I just think the maintenance & upkeep could be difficult year on year.

Reading the recent posts on Glenariff and reminded me of an article I read a few years back

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/a-spectacular-reversal-of-fortune-28955015.html

Obviously Glenariff wont incur the same costs stipulated in the article, but it puts into perspective the running of such facilities when regeneration and development is implemented.

Hopefully everything works out, and improves the facilities for all in the inner glens

Still think we're lacking some sort of area (3G) for recreational use all year round for the several sports clubs and groups in our area. It was being pushed a couple years back but dont know the outcome of the crusade, anyone shed some light?
Goals win championships

saffron123

Predictions for the weekend?

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Megaman

NAG1

Saw the forecast for Saturday giving it wet but think Sunday to be drier.

Na Glinntí Glasa

should stay dry the rest of the weekend from now on wards which is good. I think every pitch in the country is suffering with all the rain we have been getting.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Getting the excuses out early... no rain, pitch in better condition (should the minor game be on before it) best defence against a better pacy forward line.. experienced Dall team against a youthful team who have won under 21 recently and previous minor finals and another one to come possibly!!

A Great experienced referee who'll be up with play and knows the rules inside out! Knows the players and management too.. the best team on the day will generally win, the odd mistake will happen but it won't determine the result!!

I feel it may be a year early for Dunloy so I'm going for Cushendall to win by one!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

I'm really looking forward to it the game on Sunday, has the makings of a decent game.

Going with a Cushendall win by 2.

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Makings of a great game on Sunday between 2 quite contrasting teams. Cushendall who are at the top but haven't much coming through. Dunloy who are climbing back up again and have some of the most talented hurlers I have ever seen coming through.

Will it be a year early? Will the stage get too much for these young players?

The answer to both is no. These boys all ready have more medals with club/schools that any hurler will have in a career. These boys are born for the big stage. Throw in the best hurler in Ulster as in Shorty in to the mix at the top of his game and there is no reason why Dunloy cant come out on top.

Time will tell like it always does but come Sunday evening the 1st of many Antrim championships with this young team should be back in Dunloy 

north aontroim gael

I fancy Dunloy by 2-3 points on Sunday.

Usain

Looking forward to the game. I'm fancying the dall as they will cope with the wind which blows up at Leyland. Dunloy's time will come soon but tis is not the year

Jesusjones

Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on September 21, 2017, 04:10:48 PM
Makings of a great game on Sunday between 2 quite contrasting teams. Cushendall who are at the top but haven't much coming through. Dunloy who are climbing back up again and have some of the most talented hurlers I have ever seen coming through.

The answer to both is no. These boys all ready have more medals with club/schools that any hurler will have in a career. These boys are born for the big stage. Throw in the best hurler in Ulster as in Shorty in to the mix at the top of his game and there is no reason why Dunloy cant come out on top.

Time will tell like it always does but come Sunday evening the 1st of many Antrim championships with this young team should be back in Dunloy
"haven't much coming through." We had 4 county minors this year and walked the north Antrim file. Our minors are the only team that gave Dunloy minors a game this year. Dunloy beat us by 1 in the under 21 and we hit the cross bar in the final 5 mins. You are doing us a bit of a disservice there aren't you?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 22, 2017, 01:32:49 PM
Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on September 21, 2017, 04:10:48 PM

"haven't much coming through." We had 4 county minors this year and walked the north Antrim file. Our minors are the only team that gave Dunloy minors a game this year. Dunloy beat us by 1 in the under 21 and we hit the cross bar in the final 5 mins. You are doing us a bit of a disservice there aren't you?

He/She was looking a bite and caught you hook line and sinker.