Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlingstick

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 17, 2017, 08:35:34 PM
For starters his umpires were closer. And at worst he'd have been 40/50 yards from the edge of square, you are outside the perimeter of the fence and unless you were standing behind the net, still further than the umpires the is say you were further away. But sure you should try refereeing as you'd be top notch

Respectfully, I'm not going to argue with you on this and I'll give you two reasons;
1)You always side with the referee which means there's no balance to your argument therefore making the debate pointless.
2) I may be wrong on this and correct me if I am, I'm assuming you weren't at the game as I believe you were officiating in Glenariffe at the minor semi final. That being the case why would you even bother offering opinions on a game you weren't at other than to defend a referee and therefore validating my 1st point?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hurlingstick on September 17, 2017, 08:46:25 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 17, 2017, 08:35:34 PM
For starters his umpires were closer. And at worst he'd have been 40/50 yards from the edge of square, you are outside the perimeter of the fence and unless you were standing behind the net, still further than the umpires the is say you were further away. But sure you should try refereeing as you'd be top notch

Respectfully, I'm not going to argue with you on this and I'll give you two reasons;
1)You always side with the referee which means there's no balance to your argument therefore making the debate pointless.
2) I may be wrong on this and correct me if I am, I'm assuming you weren't at the game as I believe you were officiating in Glenariffe at the minor semi final. That being the case why would you even bother offering opinions on a game you weren't at other than to defend a referee and therefore validating my 1st point?

I don't side with referees when I'm a supporter player manager, you claimed he was too far away to see a square ball, I said he was probably closer than you and had trusted experienced umpires helping him. I wasn't there and never said I was I'm not defending him at all I'm just curious to ask why you thought he had a negative impact on the game, I spoke to lads at it and they said the game was good considering the pitch and weather and no way did the ref have any impact on how the game was won or lost..

I suppose it's all about opinions, some people are willing to put their head above the parapet others choose to snipe
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

playwiththewind1st

Having done it myself in the past, at least the guys in the middle have the balls to put themselves forward to referee games. Also, having been involved in assessing referees, county finals are usually given out considering a number of factors, including a recent positive assessment.

hurlingstick

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on September 17, 2017, 09:13:02 PM
Having done it myself in the past, at least the guys in the middle have the balls to put themselves forward to referee games. Also, having been involved in assessing referees, county finals are usually given out considering a number of factors, including a recent positive assessment.

Yeah it's a fair point. A good performance from match officials goes without debate or controversy going back to the old adage "If you don't notice them they've done a good job".
This was very much the case with Colm in the junior final yesterday. Cunning was at the fore for much of the intermediate game yesterday for the reasons pointed out - bad display of refereeing from him.

imtommygunn

To be fair to him any time i have seen him he has been excellent. I guess anyone can have a bad day.

playwiththewind1st

I was not there, so won't comment, either way. All I will say is that, when I was involved, the vast majority of referees were there for the right reasons & while nobody is infallible, they all strived to referee a game fairly, no matter what stage of the season.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hurlingstick on September 17, 2017, 09:51:18 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on September 17, 2017, 09:13:02 PM

Yeah it's a fair point. A good performance from match officials goes without debate or controversy going back to the old adage "If you don't notice them they've done a good job".
This was very much the case with Colm in the junior final yesterday. Cunning was at the fore for much of the intermediate game yesterday for the reasons pointed out - bad display of refereeing from him.

Was speaking to Colm today at the club and he said the teams wanted to hurl so it was an easy game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: hurlingstick on September 17, 2017, 08:09:02 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 17, 2017, 06:47:23 PM
I've played along with, against and have been reffed by skinny and the one thing he ain't is arrogant. I'd go as far as saying he's the best ref we've had since Tommy McIntyre.

Well done to both Gort and The Paddies.

Lot of people at the final yesterday felt he had a very negative impact on the game. With the early penalty, the square ball calls from distance, the amount of yellow cards given out? What are your thoughts on those 3 things, PJ?

I never mentioned the games yesterday, I was just commenting on the post that somebody called him arrogant.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on September 18, 2017, 10:06:48 AM
As predicted Sarsfiels won by 6 and prob could have won by 10 or more. Superior team with some quality players who turned up on the day. As for skinny he is as good a referee as is in Antrin hence he gets big games. Square balls no doubt came with help from his umpire team and from where they are standing surely they can see a few yards in front of them to make that call correctly

Now for the main event of the antrim hurling season on sunday. Their will be a double celebration in Dunloy on sunday night with minor/senior trophies won on sunday. In the words of Buff Egan 'You can believe that'
[/b][/u]

Big talk there chief! I'm looking forward the game on Sunday. Both teams littered with talent and skill, hopefully for an open game of hurling.

north_antrim_hound

I've played along with, against and have been reffed by skinny and the one thing he ain't is arrogant. I'd go as far as saying he's the best ref we've had since Tommy McIntyre.

Tommy Mc intyre 😂😂😂
I take it your being sarcastic
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

paddyjohn

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 18, 2017, 10:17:52 AM

Tommy Mc intyre 😂😂😂

No!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 18, 2017, 10:33:34 AM

Tommy Mc intyre 😂😂😂

No!

Ok 🤔🤔🤔

NAG1

Looking forward to the weekend now, hopefully should be a good game.

Hard to guage what way things will go, I think this one will be close probably come down to the fine margins in the game.

paddyjohn

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 18, 2017, 10:37:33 AM

Tommy Mc intyre 😂😂😂

No!

Ok 🤔🤔🤔

Who was there better?

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 18, 2017, 10:57:16 AM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 18, 2017, 10:37:33 AM

Tommy Mc intyre 😂😂😂

No!

Ok 🤔🤔🤔

Who was there better?

He was never a big fan of Dunloy and couldn't maintain the state of neutrality required to implement his official position correctly
I wish him no Ill bit skinny would need to be setting his standards higher than that
I personally think we are enjoying the best standard of refereeing in Antrim club hurling I have seen
Considering the game is faster and the tackle count is higher it's a credit to them

Having said that if we get a bad decision next Sunday that could swing the match then expect me on here with the usual whinge fest 😃😃