Really enjoyed it, Renner is a great actor. Tough going at times

William Wild's 'Feather' during the closing credits was perfect

Worry been breaking and bringing me down
And counting all the times that I fall
But when my time comes I won't be counting at all
I feel all my filth when I look in your eyes
But it falls as light as a feather in the night

nrico2006

Bad day for the cut is good. Cell block 99 was very good too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Main Street

I watched the The Lives of Others, yet again.
This time of viewing, near the end when the writer went to the stasi archives (visitors welcome) to retrieve his spy file,  the clerk had a brief look at his docket and says "this will take some time". When a porter finally came to him with a tea trolley chock full of his stasi files, he dryly said to the writer "my respects".

bennydorano

Watched a film called The Witch (2015) on the strength of a recommendation tweet from Rob Delaney. I sat through it for a bit thinking this isn't much kop, as it it went on it got much better building to a fine ending, not jump out scary but one that gets inside your head, I've been thinking about it a lot since I watched it. I've no doubt a lot of people will watch it and think it's shite but I'd recommend it highly.

Harold Disgracey

Finally got round to seeing The Death of Stalin this evening, excellent it was too.

trileacman

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on November 05, 2017, 11:11:54 PM
Finally got round to seeing The Death of Stalin this evening, excellent it was too.

Not as funny as I thought it would be but compelling viewing all the same. In part it was moving as they drag yer man off to his death in the final scene.

Well acted but it had a cracking cast. The stories it makes reference to are incredible and hilarious too. Stone-arse, the hockey team, the symphony recording, Polina's jailing.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

mrdeeds

Watched Southpaw the weekend. Cliched as feck but alright.

Dinny Breen

Saw Wonder at the weekend.

If your easily emotionally manipulated probably not for you or maybe it is. I enjoyed it though a solid 3/5.

#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Kingsman 2 was the most aggressively bad film I've seen in a long time. The fact the first film was a genuinely surprising and fun film only heightened the sense of increduality at how bad the sequel is. After the first scene with shîtty CGI and stakeless action I had a feeling I was in for a turkey and nothing that followed changed that perception.

PW Nally

Quote from: Syferus on December 11, 2017, 05:18:14 PM
Kingsman 2 was the most aggressively bad film I've seen in a long time. The fact the first film was a genuinely surprising and fun film only heightened the sense of increduality at how bad the sequel is. After the first scene with shîtty CGI and stakeless action I had a feeling I was in for a turkey and nothing that followed changed that perception.

Agreed, a serious let down after first one.

The Disaster Artist is a super movie, bit mad but some genuinely funny parts and because is based on a true story all the better for it. Lags a touch in the middle but it is worth it. James Franco immense in it.

Syferus

Quote from: PW Nally on December 11, 2017, 06:34:33 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 11, 2017, 05:18:14 PM

Agreed, a serious let down after first one.

The Disaster Artist is a super movie, bit mad but some genuinely funny parts and because is based on a true story all the better for it. Lags a touch in the middle but it is worth it. James Franco immense in it.

Looking forward to seeing The Disaster Artist, I'd recommend the book by Greg Sestro (Mark) that it's based on as from what I've heard it, if anything, simplifies what is an absolutely amazing, dark and comic story.

The audiobook is read by Sestro himself and it's excellent, his Tommy Wiseau impression is even better than Franco's.

Tony Baloney

Have seen Paddington 2, Daddy's Home 2 and Jumanji 2 at the cinema in the past few weeks. Paddington the pick of them by some distance. The Last Jedi this weekend which I'm looking forward to.

Main Street

A documentary "What Happened, Miss Simone?"  about the life of American singer songwriter Nina Simone. It captures well the undiagnosed manic depressive illness which defined and explained much of what happened to her in life.
Educational and inspirational.

Milltown Row2

Watching First Blood, has not aged one bit, the sequels were shit but this has stood the test of time.. 35 years!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

leenie

The Killing of a scared deer .... weird but v good , if you're a fan of the lobster then this is for you. A fantastic performance from barry keoghan a.k.a the cat killer in love hate.
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..