Michael D seeks second term

Started by Rossfan, July 10, 2018, 11:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

I see this oul lad wants a second term.
You'd think at his age he'd ride off into the sunset and draw his 4 or 5 pensions.
Hope someone stands against him.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Denn Forever

Gerry Adams is at a loose end now.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on July 10, 2018, 11:18:39 AM
I see this oul lad wants a second term.
You'd think at his age he'd ride off into the sunset and draw his 4 or 5 pensions.
Hope someone stands against him.

He is very eloquent.

https://youtu.be/-SUXmSJ6FkI

I think he should continue
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

longballin

I hope he stays on. He's a great ambassador for this country and cares deeply about our culture and language.A man of integrity.

TheClubman

Quote from: longballin on July 10, 2018, 12:32:02 PM
I hope he stays on. He's a great ambassador for this country and cares deeply about our culture and language.A man of integrity.

Would agree. A change is not necessary when the incumbent is doing a decent job. Lots of other things to worry about.

StephenC

A useless, pointless position which costs the taxpayer money every year. We sh1t the bed when we had the change to eliminate it. Shame on us.

Farrandeelin

Hope someone opposes him. For democracy's sake alone.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 10, 2018, 01:16:40 PM

I hope he goes again. He has really grown into the role.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 10, 2018, 01:18:09 PM

I hope he goes again. He has really grown into the role.
;D You're a cruel man!

stephenite

It's largely ceremonial role, not sure why democracy needs to come into it?

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: StephenC on July 10, 2018, 01:05:44 PM
A useless, pointless position which costs the taxpayer money every year. We sh1t the bed when we had the change to eliminate it. Shame on us.

Stephen -  when was this????

MichaelD is grand. Leave him where he is out of harm's way.

longballin

he is democratically elected. last Presidential election however was poisonous.

From the Bunker

Michael D is 77 (Sabina is 74). He will be 84 when he comes to the end of his second term. Not being disrespectful but there is a high chance of him dying in his second term.

Hard to know what his energy levels would be to do some of his duties as he goes into old old age over the next 7 years.

I hope someone else throws their hat in the ring. Somebody who is no an ex-taoiseach!

You have to be 35 to run for or become President. If there is a Age limit at one end. Why not at the other?

armaghniac

QEII does her job rightly, and she is well over 84.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hardy

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 10, 2018, 02:03:55 PM
Michael D is 77 (Sabina is 74). He will be 84 when he comes to the end of his second term. Not being disrespectful but there is a high chance of him dying in his second term.

Hard to know what his energy levels would be to do some of his duties as he goes into old old age over the next 7 years.

I hope someone else throws their hat in the ring. Somebody who is no an ex-taoiseach!

You have to be 35 to run for or become President. If there is a Age limit at one end. Why not at the other?

Imagine what would (rightly) happen if you suggested someone was an unsuitable candidate because of their gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or handicap. Ageism - the invisible frontier for liberal democracy.