The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 07, 2018, 05:47:47 PM
This guy talking about being a troll  ::)

pot kettle yerself  arbo - if yis want to wave union jacks and sing football's coming home work away!  :)

tintin25

Don't see the issue with anyone following England.  Yes, their fans and media go on abit but if it was NI or ROI the same thing would happen!  Seem to remember a few people thinking that ROI would have near won the World Cup had they beat Spain in 2002!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: longballin on July 07, 2018, 05:50:12 PM

pot kettle yerself  arbo - if yis want to wave union jacks and sing football's coming home work away!  :)

Stick to 365 buddy

longballin

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 07, 2018, 05:57:13 PM
Quote from: longballin on July 07, 2018, 05:50:12 PM

Stick to 365 buddy

Im not your buddy

Minder

Have had very little enjoyment with this World Cup while England are still lurking, I know it goes against the new virtue signallling of Irish people showing how right on they are by supporting them but there you are
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bennydorano

Some performance by England, should have won by a lot more, WC there for the taking and I sure as f**k hope they take it £££

longballin

Quote from: Minder on July 07, 2018, 06:21:09 PM
Have had very little enjoyment with this World Cup while England are still lurking, I know it goes against the new virtue signallling of Irish people showing how right on they are by supporting them but there you are

same as that but you're right we live in a new dispensation  :-[

Estimator

Strange enough game. England were comfortable enough throughout, yet Pickford was awarded Man of The Match. There was a stat after the second goal went in showing both teams only had two shots on goal. England scored their two, Sweden didn't. After the match it stated that Sweden had more shots on goal.

England have scored 8 set play goals from 11 at the tournament yet teams still don't cover the posts at corners.  This was their first clean sheet, they certainly have the momentum. I think they'll be in the final next Sunday and could go on and win it.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Boycey

Quote from: longballin on July 07, 2018, 06:29:34 PM

same as that but you're right we live in a new dispensation  :-[

There's a huge difference in not been that arsed if they win it and supporting them.

As a United fan I'm well used to the 'Anyone But' syndrome but to my mind people waste far too much negative energy shouting against teams..

laoislad

Camera men doing a decent job tonight.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Wildweasel74

England is a functional type team nothing more!"the amount of goals from set plays tell us that! They could get to a world cup final playing no team of a world cup pedgree! World cup not the same to me this year without Holland or italy! Its been a world cup of great goals but will be best remembered for all the diving and cheating

Syferus

Quote from: hardstation on July 07, 2018, 08:46:49 PM
+1
They're all cnuts.

They have nothing on Tyrone lads.

Shamrock Shore

Clown getting a yellow card for the celebrations. He could regret that.

charlieTully

Any cnut supporting England deserves lined up at a wall and shot in the head. Twice. f**k it bring it home.

Boycey

Enjoyable that, glad Croatia won, if only to see Modric again he's a joy to watch..

Wonder if Putin will let all the mad hoolies out of the big forest he's been keeping them in now  :)