Van attack in Barcelona

Started by omagh_gael, August 17, 2017, 04:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LCohen

Quote from: punt kick on August 18, 2017, 09:48:51 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 18, 2017, 05:57:18 PM
Quote from: punt kick on August 18, 2017, 05:32:28 PM
I am in my 5th decade on this planet and knew a time of rules and boundaries. Most kids exist within the social and virtual society online in which there are no rules and boundaries. Anything goes, anything can be posted - shared etc. Society is becoming so use to extremism on a daily basis it is fast losing it's moral compass. Technology for all its good is going to be our downfall and social media is playing its part.

Your five decades have granted you little wisdom. Every generation grows old and can't understand the changes they see in the youth. The world has been about to end for as long as a words or pictures have been recorded on the side of a rocks.

You are in the great wheel of life and you can't even see it.

I am in the 5th decade  ;) and we are in a car with the wheels about to come off. As a society we are at the abyss. Look at the images online even on normal individuals its all false photoshoped crap, why - reality is a thing of the past.

What's your next move then?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on August 18, 2017, 04:17:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2017, 03:14:52 PM
There was 5 killed and 2 arrested lately, the 5 killed had fake bomb belts on that's 7 lone wolf's just hanging around the same place?

yes you'll get the crack pot, who's probably not even linked to any organisation and that is impossible to stop, bollards barriers and police manpower but in most cases this is not random, well picked populated cities with a group involved, money, fake ID,  and other means to buy/rent vans/cars for these.. well supported radicalised people...

I believe the ones killed were very young late teens early 20's, easy to manipulate

All these people were caught AFTER the event MR, when they had put their head above the parapet so to speak.  Have you EVER heard of any terrorist being arrested for planning an attack with a car?  Intelligence agencies haven't a chance with this.

So there hadn't been arrests before an attack has been carried out? Cells have been arrested plenty times so god knows how many attacks have been stopped, by an 'individual' lone wolf from that group... you do agree that these 'randoms' have financial backing to do this and instructions?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

punt kick

Quote from: LCohen on August 18, 2017, 09:56:22 PM
I am in my 5th decade on this planet and knew a time of rules and boundaries. Most kids exist within the social and virtual society online in which there are no rules and boundaries. Anything goes, anything can be posted - shared etc. Society is becoming so use to extremism on a daily basis it is fast losing it's moral compass. Technology for all its good is going to be our downfall and social media is playing its part.

Your five decades have granted you little wisdom. Every generation grows old and can't understand the changes they see in the youth. The world has been about to end for as long as a words or pictures have been recorded on the side of a rocks.

I am in the 5th decade  ;) and we are in a car with the wheels about to come off. As a society we are at the abyss. Look at the images online even on normal individuals its all false photoshoped crap, why - reality is a thing of the past.

Let them at it. Sun has 4 billion years left humanity be lucky to see out this century.

LCohen

Quote from: punt kick on August 18, 2017, 11:25:55 PM

Let them at it. Sun has 4 billion years left humanity be lucky to see out this century.

Define Humanity in this context?

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2017, 10:07:02 PM
There was 5 killed and 2 arrested lately, the 5 killed had fake bomb belts on that's 7 lone wolf's just hanging around the same place?

yes you'll get the crack pot, who's probably not even linked to any organisation and that is impossible to stop, bollards barriers and police manpower but in most cases this is not random, well picked populated cities with a group involved, money, fake ID,  and other means to buy/rent vans/cars for these.. well supported radicalised people...

I believe the ones killed were very young late teens early 20's, easy to manipulate

All these people were caught AFTER the event MR, when they had put their head above the parapet so to speak.  Have you EVER heard of any terrorist being arrested for planning an attack with a car?  Intelligence agencies haven't a chance with this.

So there hadn't been arrests before an attack has been carried out? Cells have been arrested plenty times so god knows how many attacks have been stopped, by an 'individual' lone wolf from that group... you do agree that these 'randoms' have financial backing to do this and instructions?

Cells have been arrested for planning bombs/shootings.  This case in particular is a prime example.  These guys only came to the attention of the intelligence agencies when they accidentally blew up the house they were making a bomb in.  Now even whenever they had done something as prominent as that and put a marker on themselves, they were STILL fit to get away with the car thing.  I have to laugh at talk of 'financing' these operations.  How much 'financial backing' does it take to buy/rent/steal a car?  Jesus you could do it for fifty euro.  Hence, there little to no hope of catching someone planning this type of attack before the event.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on August 22, 2017, 08:41:34 AM

Cells have been arrested for planning bombs/shootings.  This case in particular is a prime example.  These guys only came to the attention of the intelligence agencies when they accidentally blew up the house they were making a bomb in.  Now even whenever they had done something as prominent as that and put a marker on themselves, they were STILL fit to get away with the car thing.  I have to laugh at talk of 'financing' these operations.  How much 'financial backing' does it take to buy/rent/steal a car?  Jesus you could do it for fifty euro.  Hence, there little to no hope of catching someone planning this type of attack before the event.

A lot of these lads travel to ISIS areas for training and radicalization, they don't walk
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Esmarelda

Quote from: punt kick on August 18, 2017, 11:25:55 PM

Do you suffer from mood swings?

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 22, 2017, 11:51:31 AM

A lot of these lads travel to ISIS areas for training and radicalization, they don't walk

What training is required to drive the car into someone?  This is getting difficult.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Franko on August 22, 2017, 01:41:30 PM

What training is required to drive the car into someone?  This is getting difficult.
Driving lessons.

No security service in the world can watch every potential radical. It's simply not possible and to even go down the route of adequately policing travel to hotbeds of radicalization the airports and ports need to get into some serious racial profiling.

Franko

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 22, 2017, 01:46:48 PM
Quote from: Franko on August 22, 2017, 01:41:30 PM

Driving lessons.

No security service in the world can watch every potential radical. It's simply not possible and to even go down the route of adequately policing travel to hotbeds of radicalization the airports and ports need to get into some serious racial profiling.

100%.  They haven't a hope.

Captain Scarlet

As everyone here says the lads who just ram with vehicles don't need any real planning and no need to even form a cell or contact someone higher up the food chain.
Another thing now is that some deranged lads who go out and do these things get claimed by ISIS after the fact and that gets them their ticket to paradise too and martyrdom.

Reading some of the Barca details these lads had planning and organisation but never popped up anywhere before. Even the town where most of them came from is meant to be a nice well-adjusted town.
The world is a bif fucked in fairness.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.