BBC Sport's tribute to the Vuvuzela

Started by Hoof Hearted, June 16, 2010, 09:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Denn Forever

Do they Vuvuzela annoy people now?  Can't see the harm.  At least they drown out mindless chants.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Mac hinery

There's a rumour that someone has ordered 500 vuvuzela (red + white) to be distributed at underage blitzes in Derry over the next 6 weeks.

Maguire01

Sainsbury's have sold tens of thousands in the UK apparently.

longrunsthefox

They are awful and because of them I was delighted to see South Africa stuffed today. Blow yer vuvuzelas now ye gobshites.

ballinaman

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 17, 2010, 12:18:32 AM
They are awful and because of them I was delighted to see South Africa stuffed today. Blow yer vuvuzelas now ye gobshites.
:D  :D :D Well said!!!

Lecale2

Hardy

Des Cahill said this morning RTÉ has banned them from Croke Park. Does that mean they'll be allowed into O'Connor Park on Saturday night? Croke Park seems to be developing into a separate independent dominion within the GAA. Of course it could just be lazy reporting by RTÉ - GAA grounds = Croke Park.

In any case, anyone moronic enough to blow one of these yokes at a GAA match should be prepared for a vuvuzela suppository and a rendition of Phil The Fluter's Ball by supporters tap dancing on his diaphragm.

seafoid

vuvuzela to me sounds like some gynaecological feature. I think it's the 2 v's the l , the u and the a that do it.

Ulick

Annoyance at the vuvuzela annoys me more than the vuvuzelas. Can't wait to see them in Clones though I believe we've had our own version of these for some years now anyway.

bloodybreakball

in fairness the south \africans would them fu*cking vuvuzelas no matter whats going on at the match!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Ulick on June 17, 2010, 10:36:24 AM
Annoyance at the vuvuzela annoys me more than the vuvuzelas. Can't wait to see them in Clones though I believe we've had our own version of these for some years now anyway.
Air horns are a blight too but there isn't the constant drone from them. I was reading something on the BBC website the other day and some sound engineer was saying the reason they are so intrusive is that the pitch and tone is very similar to that of the spoken voice which means it is hard to hear commentary or crowd reaction.

Hardy

Annoyance at the vuvuzela annoys me more than the vuvuzelas.

Prepare to be very annoyed!

haranguerer

In fairness it mightnt even be the vuvuzelas per se that are the problem, its just that those stupid f**kers at the world cup blow them constantly.

Used to love the noise of the air horns in Clones when a team ran out or scored, and I dont think there would be the same constant drone of vuvuzelas at GAA matches because unlike the soccer there actually are clear opportunities to blow in unison.