Dumb People

Started by DrinkingHarp, December 18, 2008, 02:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Was watching an Australian quiz show.

Question: Name 15 of the top 20 countries of origin of immigrants to Australia. These should only include full nation states as recognised by the U.N.

The girl starts of well enough
Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Lebanon, Malta, China, India, New Zealand then really struggles.

She then proceeds to say the U.K., Scotland, England. and was not sure if Ireland is in Northern Ireland or the U.K. She also was also unsure if Tasmania was part of Australia or New Zealand, FFS she was from Gippsland, bloody hell woman Tasmania is just across the bloody straits.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 18, 2008, 11:03:53 PM
Went to College with a lad from Carrick a real dumbass (for some context) and he was going to Dublin for an interview with Aer Lingus and he asked me 'do I need a passport to go to Dublin' - I shit you not, he was for real!  I nearly choked and then replied ' I'm not sure, you will need to check it out'!!

Which Carrick btw? Leitrim, Tipperary!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Earlier this week I came across this comment re the Worlds friendliest nations from an American  ::)

http://opentravel.com/blogs/5-friendliest-nations-on-planet-earth/

Posters namer: You are all stoopid

Dec 12, 2009 12:29 PM

"LOL Im from Georgia and we arent freindly. IN fact, yud better be careful if your an outsider, but epsecially if yur a damn yankee. I am a few hours outside of Atlanta, so its not like im a real redneck but id rather be a redneck then a stoopid new york city bignose who cant handle himself in a fite.

Also- I cant believe no one knew that georgia isnt a nation but a state in the usa..lol idoits."

Maguire01

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 06, 2010, 08:05:31 PM
Went to College with a lad from Carrick a real dumbass (for some context) and he was going to Dublin for an interview with Aer Lingus and he asked me 'do I need a passport to go to Dublin' - I shit you not, he was for real!  I nearly choked and then replied ' I'm not sure, you will need to check it out'!!

Monaghan? Antrim?

Minder

Was at a quiz with my mates one night and a question was name the channel islands, my mates wife, who is a teacher offered the Falkland Islands as her answer............
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 06, 2010, 09:15:39 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 06, 2010, 08:05:31 PM

Monaghan? Antrim?
Donegal?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ONeill

Quote from: Minder on December 18, 2008, 03:24:51 PM
I was at a table quiz a few years ago and a teacher from a very successful North Antrim sporting school was on our team. The question was name all the Channel Islands if i remember right, her contribution was "The Falklands"..........

Quote from: Minder on March 06, 2010, 09:21:58 PM
Was at a quiz with my mates one night and a question was name the channel islands, my mates wife, who is a teacher offered the Falkland Islands as her answer............

Sick of listening to the same shite.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on March 06, 2010, 09:34:20 PM
I was at a table quiz a few years ago and a teacher from a very successful North Antrim sporting school was on our team. The question was name all the Channel Islands if i remember right, her contribution was "The Falklands"..........

Looking forward to Minder's memoirs.

Minder

You have some bastardin' memory
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on March 06, 2010, 10:00:11 PM

You have some bastardin' memory
Or he read the previous 4 pages.

Hurler on the Bitch

Recall this classic from my time in Atlantic City in the 1990s. Mate of mine is a diabetic and had lost his medicine so one night we ate at a Christian hobo place - free of course - and I asked the Pastor if he could help me find a doctor as my friend had no insulin for his Diabetes. He immediately told me that he could not help as Diabetes was God's way of punishing homosexuals .............. ? When I pointed out that he may be thinking of AIDS - not my view - he accused me of probably being HIV also as I was staying with a Diabetic!  :-\

longrunsthefox

Many yaers ago I went to the pictures (as it was once called) to see 'Escape from Alkatras' ... I says to this boy after, 'That is a true story,' and he replied, 'Aye- but it wasn't Clint Eastwood who escaped.'  f** oh!   

stew

There is a show over her called the newlywed game. anyhow the premise is that they stick say the wife in a booth and then put headphones on and yer man Bob the compere asks him questions about their relationship. he then switches them around and they compare answers, the more right answers, the better the prizes.

One fine day the smug git asked the husband were the strangest place they had ever made love, he told them the kitchen table, no big deal there, next the hubby heads off to the booth and they aske the questions off of the wife and when it gets to the strangest place they have ever made love she thinks for a minute and says.....................................

that'd be in the butt Bob.   :D :D :D

It wasnt the husband that did her up the aul durt road either, it was hysterical, the look on his face.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

longrunsthefox

Seen another one Stew from the USA, and they were asked the others most embarrasing thing the other has done. Man says something daft like her going out with odd shoes on or something and audience laughed.
Her turn... "Bill  likes to dress up in women's clothing." Yer man goes bright red and the presenter says, 'Wait till the boys at the yard hear this!'... then he goes white as a sheet.   

AbbeySider

I was at a charity table quiz last week in aid of two teachers going to Africa building houses.

The quiz tables were full of teachers bar my table; four software engineers.
Long story short, we came second by a point. The questions we got wrong were not naming the seven dwarfs (couldnt think of Doc) and naming the RGB colours instead of the primary colours (we are totally institutionalised  :P).

Anyway the quiz master was a teacher; an older man who spoke every sentence like he was in the classroom. He must have been the dumbest ass in the room and couldnt pronounce anything properly. He struggled with:
"Ro, Rou, Rouald Daaaale, never heard of him" (Roald Dahl)
When answering the questions he remarked:
"Well nobody will have gotten the next one anyway, what is the Japanese art of paper folding? Or-Or-ig-am-i? I dont know..."
When asking the questions he asked
"Who was ar-ar-ar-isss-totals most famous student" (couldnt pronounce aristotle)
Which was followed by
"who was So-cra-tees S-O-C-R-A-T-E-S most famous student? Socrates?... well I dont know who wrote these questions"
(He obviously never heard of either)  ::) :D