Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: faughs on September 05, 2019, 12:07:27 AM
Senior championship is double header in Ballycastle

Good call by the county board. I'm going for a repeat of last years final.

Na Glinntí Glasa

great idea for the double header but it was forced on them with the replay of the football on the saturday or it was going to be two games over 2 days.

that being said its great for hurling fans to see both games on one day
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 05, 2019, 03:45:19 PM
great idea for the double header but it was forced on them with the replay of the football on the saturday or it was going to be two games over 2 days.

that being said its great for hurling fans to see both games on one day

Anyone see a weather forecast  ;D

As I see it

Good idea for supporters as long as county board don't go mad with price but absolutely no thought for both Dunloy and Loughguile for players to try and prepare for a massive game with a big crowd and another big match taking place on a pitch beside them isn't ideal preparation and if they were to go somewhere else to warm up they would struggle to get into grounds and parked in time.IMO 1st game should have been played at 1 in either Dunloy or Loughguile and 2nd game at 4 in Ballycastle

saffman

Dont buy into that at all, county teams participate in double headers and warm up on pitches beside the main pitch while the first game goes ahead all the time.

As I see it

Not at a club ground and not with 15 minutes from 1st match ending and 2nd match starting,bear in mind we have had a lot of rain with more forecast for next week so how will the pitch hold up ?

Na Glinntí Glasa

i was wondering that myself about the weather and if the pitch can take two games.

Nothing that can be done now as its too close to the time to be moving the game to another venue or day. It is what it will be.
hurl like f**k boi!

cfclg

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 06, 2019, 08:33:17 AM
i was wondering that myself about the weather and if the pitch can take two games.

Nothing that can be done now as its too close to the time to be moving the game to another venue or day. It is what it will be.

That pitch always seems to be firm enough even in heavy rain but I can imagine it would be very greasy on top.

Bit of extra thought needed for teams in second match regarding warm-up timing etc but nothing they can't handle!

Na Glinntí Glasa

A tear of news this evening.

Hurling final to be shown live on TG4 which is brilliant news for the local game

Darren Gleason appointed as the next hurling manager & Neill Peaden as the first director of hurling. Busy evening of news. All of it good.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

Yes really happy to see the final live as I probably won't make it this year.

Is McManus playing next year? Some of those Irish news articles look like a man on the way out but I hope not.

faughs

Anyone heard how much into senior double header?

Na Glinntí Glasa

£10 for adults. £8 concession

The clubs will be selling tickets involved Thursday night
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 09, 2019, 09:45:06 PM
£10 for adults. £8 concession

The clubs will be selling tickets involved Thursday night

Cheap as chips. Agree with previous post, all positive news tonight. Good luck to Darren and Neal.

north_antrim_hound

Great news on the TV

Good luck to Darren in the Antrim job.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Dear God. Batten down the hatches.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"