NFL Div 3

Started by Catch and Kick, January 16, 2019, 10:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catch and Kick

Looks like it's going to be a real dog fight with so many Leinster neighbors fighting it out. Great to see Laois punished with a game in Croke Park! You couldn't make it up.
Down and Westmeath favoutites to go up?

Croí na hÉireann

Not sure about that we've 4 away games again  >:( Put up a poll there catch & kick and see what the gaaboard thinks.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Catch and Kick

Laois didn't deserve any punishment. Sugrue has been very good with clubs. However for Croke Park to give a game in Croke Park as a punishment is taking the biscuit!!

Owenmoresider

I suppose we'll take another year of keeping heads above water, but it could be harder this time.

LooseCannon

We should survive anyway. If we had all the lads who were asked in committed, then we'd be looking at division 2. But shur, we'll play with the hand that we're dealt with.

Give and Go

If pre season competitions are anything to go by Westmeath and Sligo must be favourites for promotion. An O Byrne Cup title must give Westmeath great momentum and confidence. Sligo were edged out by the Rossies who hammered Galway yesterday.
Laois doing well on the challenge game circuit and seem to have a stronger panel than last year - they feel they are a Div 2 team operating below their true status..... time will tell

giveballaghback

Will be interesting to see what Mr. Maughan "tanman" will do for Offaly. My prediction is that he will lead them out of the 3rd division but it will be down to the 4th he will lead them.

Rossfan

Will he last beyond Lá 'le Pádraig??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

Ok. Here it goes again. I hope to be in Drogheda on Sunday - if only to prove that we are not as bad (even without the Mullinalaghta boys) as we were against Westmeath in O'Byrne Cup.

I think survival in Div 3 is the best we can hope for as we could be missing the Mullinalaghtas well into the campaign.

My predictions

Promoted

Westmeath and Laois

No Change
Longford, Down, Offaly, Louth,

Relegated
Carlow and Sligo

sligoman2

Four away games this year for us.  We need a win on Sunday if at all possible, we are a very young team and I like the fact that we are building for the future.  I think we will survive, but it won't be easy. McDonnell is a big loss for us.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

LooseCannon

Strong rumours that Niall McNamee is back. 💪💪💪

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg

laoislad

Good win for Laois tonight 👍
FT
Laois 2-15
Down 1-12
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

SCFC

Quote from: laoislad on January 26, 2019, 08:44:15 PM
Good win for Laois tonight 👍
FT
Laois 2-15
Down 1-12
Great start. Sugrue is a class man manager.

Owenmoresider

Not much hope for us this year it would seem.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Owenmoresider on January 27, 2019, 05:16:40 PM
Not much hope for us this year it would seem.

Hard to know yet. Carlow are still rising though.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose