New Rules

Started by lenny, August 05, 2013, 06:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Ciaran Whelan made a good suggestion re the Tyrone/rugby/dragging down type of tackle. He suggests awarding a 20m free in front of the posts as a penalty for this type of cynical foul. I like this idea as it would cut out most of the cynicism. I would go further though. If someone pulls a player down and prevents a clear goalscoring opportunity then I think a penalty should be awarded. The idea being if a goalscoring opportunity is prevented by a cynical foul then the team should be given a goalscoring opportunity.

lenny

Quote from: lenny on August 05, 2013, 06:28:08 PM
Ciaran Whelan made a good suggestion re the Tyrone/rugby/dragging down type of tackle. He suggests awarding a 20m free in front of the posts as a penalty for this type of cynical foul. I like this idea as it would cut out most of the cynicism. I would go further though. If someone pulls a player down and prevents a clear goalscoring opportunity then I think a penalty should be awarded. The idea being if a goalscoring opportunity is prevented by a cynical foul then the team should be given a goalscoring opportunity.

Just noticed in the paper that McGeeney also thinks that a penalty should be awarded when a clear goalscoring opportunity has been prevented by a cynical foul. It seems to me to be the fairest solution. A team who miss out on a chance to score a goal should be given that chance from the penalty spot even if the foul is outside the box.

Eamonnca1

You have to post a picture of yourself as your profile pic on Facebook. If I wanted to look at pictures of your frigging kids I'd look for them.

Milltown Row2

Ciaran Whelan wouldn't last too long on the field next year if he were still playing county, master of the black arts thon boy!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rosnarun

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 05, 2013, 11:32:12 PM

Ciaran Whelan wouldn't last too long on the field next year if he were still playing county, master of the black arts thon boy!!
i disagree
he was alway more of an out and out though than a dark arts master
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere