American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Raiders now 9 up on the Chiefs with 6.34 to go.

Capt Pat

Cowboys season just took a nosedive. Dak Prescott appears to have a bad ankle injury.

lurganblue

I dunno. Dalton might do alright. Their defence is still more of a concern.

The raiders have already had some cracking results this season!

gallsman

Prescott was playing out of his mind (with lots of help from their stellar receiving corps), and they were still 1-3. Dalton is more than capable but isn't going to improve the offense in any way. Like the Eagles, their status this year is entirely determined by how shit the rest of NFC West is. Without Dak, Eagles are probably now favourites for it. 7-9 will surely win it.

Be really interesting now to see if Jerry continues to try to lowball him. Considering the level he was at, he was showing that he was worth every penny of what he wanted. There's surely no way Jerry wants to handle the optics of such an elite player getting a catastrophic injury whilst carrying the franchise getting shafted. Worst case situation for Dak I think they franchise him again but that'd be for 50 odd million, so I think they'll have to get something done. Probably 5 years, 210-215 million, 120 million guaranteed is my guess.

lurganblue

Herbert looks to be a decent talent. He can fairly throw a deep ball even the pressure is right in his face.

cadhlancian

Justin Herbert is going to be a star! That's arguably the best QB class in the draft since big Ben , Eli and Rivers , I guess we will have to wait and see how Tua works out. Herbert definitely passes the eyeball test, although a small sample size the pass he threw to Keenan Allen for the 1st TD , probably only Mahomes , Rodgers and maybe Russell Wilson could make that throw. The kids legit.

lurganblue

Naming Tua as the starter seems like a bit of a raw deal for Fitzpatrick. Not unexpected in the long run but still. Ripping the plaster off quickly

gallsman

Fitzpatrick knows the deal. He'll be grand.

To me it makes sense. Gives Tua more meaningful reps with zero expectation winning.

lurganblue

Would Fins expectations not have now risen slightly with the good run? Tua will have Aaron Donald and the Rams next

gallsman

Two of their three wins have been against the Jets and Jags!

Further progress under Flores is what they're looking for. Nobody thinks or expects them to win the division or make the playoffs. They're going good though. Tua could be really special.

gallsman

Ronnie Stanley broke his ankle today and is out for the year about 48 hours after signing a $99m extension with about $70m guaranteed.

Capt Pat

The Vikings upset the Packers 28-22 in lambeau while the Bengals upset the Titans 31-20 in Cincinnati. The latter result got me kicked out of survival football, I didn't see either of  those results coming.

lurganblue

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 01, 2020, 10:54:37 PM
The Vikings upset the Packers 28-22 in lambeau while the Bengals upset the Titans 31-20 in Cincinnati. The latter result got me kicked out of survival football, I didn't see either of  those results coming.

An unbelievable performance from Cook.

lurganblue

Will that Saints win slightly dampen the Tampa love in that seems to have swept the media?

gallsman

Quote from: lurganblue on November 09, 2020, 12:23:25 PM
Will that Saints win slightly dampen the Tampa love in that seems to have swept the media?

Slightly?! They'll be asking existential questions about the team!

A total annihilation on both sides of the ball the entire game. Saints needed that as they hadn't looked great recently. Now with Thomas back they're a real force