Best Club Rivalries in the GAA

Started by BallyhaiseMan, June 11, 2007, 04:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aroundincircles

Quote from: Hoopeddefender on April 14, 2009, 02:22:08 PM
Was a man not beaten to death a number once in a game between Moortown and Ardboe?

think it was moortown and derrylaughan minor match in the sixties.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 05, 2009, 12:07:44 PM
This will be relevant in the summer as Crossmolina, Ballina and ourselves (Knockmore) are in the same group of the first round of the Mayo championship!

;D

Tasty!

Katchit

In Derry the country clubs all hate the 'townies' , that's probably the same in every county though.

DoYerJob Linesman

Quote from: screenexile on April 14, 2009, 02:24:26 PM
Quote from: Oakleafer93 on April 07, 2009, 07:52:07 PM
Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on April 05, 2009, 08:47:31 PM
Quote from: Oakleafer93 on March 31, 2009, 02:02:00 AM
Ballinderry must have a habit of that, they started a big riot in Lavey one day, barrackaded the changing rooms so Lavey couldn't get out.

Check yer facts there lady.

Why what ahave I gotten wrong?

It actually happened in Ballinderry (And I'm guessing DYJL will say Lavey started it also... I wasn't there so I dunno).

Correct, on both counts.   8)
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

fitzroyalty

Good local derbies I know of: Wolfe Tones/sarsfields, maghery/portadown, aghagallon/glenavy...

in armagh, all the munchies hate the townies and all the townies hate the townies!

the Deel Rover

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 14, 2009, 03:05:51 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 05, 2009, 12:07:44 PM
This will be relevant in the summer as Crossmolina, Ballina and ourselves (Knockmore) are in the same group of the first round of the Mayo championship!

;D

Tasty!

If the game played 2 weeks ago Cross V'S knockmore is anything to go by seanie it should be
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

down6061689194

In down:
Newry Shamrocks V Nerwy Bosco
Dundrum and Bryansford
Loughinisland, Drumanessand techonaught all against each other.
Castlewellan V Kilcoo
Every team vs kilcoo
RGU V Saul
Ballykinlar V Dundrum
Longstone and Bryansford.

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Quote from: Katchit on April 14, 2009, 03:23:30 PM
In Derry the country clubs all hate the 'townies' , that's probably the same in every county though.
Most definatley I agree!..:D

aroundincircles

Quote from: WhoAreYaWhoAreYa! on April 17, 2009, 06:02:45 PM
Same everywhere

Farrandeelin

True, especially when you live right beside the border of a town club, like I do. By Jesus, it's fair rivalry alright!! ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Oakleafer93

Quote from: aroundincircles on April 17, 2009, 07:05:18 PM
Same everywhere

In fairnedd the only townies in Derry are Glen, Magherafelt and Dungiven and aside the latter they aren't going to be leaving you quaking in your boots!

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on April 17, 2009, 10:38:41 PM
Same everywhere

In fairnedd the only townies in Derry are Glen, Magherafelt and Dungiven and aside the latter they aren't going to be leaving you quaking in your boots!

*cough*
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Bogball XV

Same everywhere

What about Coleraine?  Surely the only real town?  Magherafelt are the only senior club i would ever have considered townies (although Limavady unbelievably were senior for a while in the early 90's too) - if you're putting Dungiven and Maghera in, you'd have to stick in Bellaghy and maybe even Gulladuff ;)

Don't worry Steve, I'm on the ball - btw, how can there be a "challenge off the ball", trying to be diplomatic ;)

Oakleafer93

Bogball, living in South Derry I forgot about Coleraine..Just did that cuz they beat us last week!!  ;) oj

Supoose with Lavey's state of the art facilities they can be considered a city now!! Do you know it can be seen from the glenshane?

Neighouring Maghera and Magherafelt I can assure you that they are as townie as they come.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Bogball XV on April 17, 2009, 10:43:24 PM
Same everywhere

What about Coleraine?  Surely the only real town?  Magherafelt are the only senior club i would ever have considered townies (although Limavady unbelievably were senior for a while in the early 90's too) - if you're putting Dungiven and Maghera in, you'd have to stick in Bellaghy and maybe even Gulladuff ;)

Don't worry Steve, I'm on the ball - btw, how can there be a "challenge off the ball", trying to be diplomatic ;)

Thats right Bog, trying to exercise more diplomacy than Kofi Annan. In fairness it looked to me like a bodycheck but also was told it was a kick, really not sure being on the wrong side but big EP saw red...
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w