The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roesider

Quote from: armaghniac on November 26, 2020, 05:21:42 PM
What is going on the with the election? Biden odds are now 1.07 on Betfair and the same in Georgia. I understand that Georgia is having a recount, but they have already audited the ballots and I doubt if a recount will make much difference.  But something has moved the odds.

Seems more like a last ditch attempt to take more money off punters backing Trump.

LeoMc

Any word on the Kraken? Is it any way related to the Stay on PA certification?

armaghniac

Quote from: Roesider on November 26, 2020, 05:39:10 PM
What is going on the with the election? Biden odds are now 1.07 on Betfair and the same in Georgia. I understand that Georgia is having a recount, but they have already audited the ballots and I doubt if a recount will make much difference.  But something has moved the odds.

Seems more like a last ditch attempt to take more money off punters backing Trump.

I'd happily be one of those taking money off them, but there must have been some news to move the odds.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

J70

Quote from: LeoMc on November 26, 2020, 06:29:57 PM
Any word on the Kraken? Is it any way related to the Stay on PA certification?

The Kraken has been released in GA and MI. :)

Apparently a stunningly sloppy rehash of all the conspiracy theories Powell had been spreading in the right wing "news" the past two weeks.

Spelling mistakes even in the title.

The PA stay is separate and, from what I read, only applies to races that haven't been certified anyway (presidential race has). Expect it to be dismissed today.

J70

Maybe a bunch of reality -denying Trump supporters throwing a bit of deluded money at it.

Main Street

The Steal the Vote campaign is on one a hell of a losing streak, Chicago Cubs proportions.  It had started even before Rudy got his hands caught inside his pants, trying to find where his pecker had gone to.

J70

Quote from: Main Street on November 27, 2020, 08:50:43 PM
The Steal the Vote campaign is on one a hell of a losing streak, Chicago Cubs proportions.  It had started even before Rudy got his hands caught inside his pants, trying to find where his pecker had gone to.

Lost another, scathingly, today in PA.

According to the Elite Stroke Force team, it was "activist" judges.

The one who wrote the opinion was appointed by Trump. The other two by George W. Bush.

I guess it's Trump misfortune that court cases require evidence.

"I saw something which, to my biased, uninformed eye, looked suspicious because Democrats cheat" just doesn't cut in front of a judge.

J70

The winning continues. ;D

And not just court humiliations - Arizona certifies for Biden today.

Trump is going to be like OJ Simpson. He'll be on a quest for years to come looking for the nonexistent real murderer massive voter fraud. I guess they'll hold a few more diehard/lapdog "inquests" like the Gettysburg one on Friday where Rudy is able to wave the "affidavits" in the air and spew nonsense he wouldn't present in court in a million years and Trump can literally phone in his victimization.

And the morons will keep lapping it up, pouring money into his accounts and hanging on his every word to feed their persecution complexes.

bannside

Strangely enough there were a few pro Trump supporters floating around a few weeks ago. Wonder what their view of all this, now that the fallacy of vote stealing has been exposed as a gimmick and a mockery of peoples intelligence?

J70

Quote from: bannside on November 30, 2020, 08:15:44 PM
Strangely enough there were a few pro Trump supporters floating around a few weeks ago. Wonder what their view of all this, now that the fallacy of vote stealing has been exposed as a gimmick and a mockery of peoples intelligence?

Its the Democrats' fault.

If Democrats and the mainstream media weren't so nasty and unfair, the GOP would never have sold their souls to Trump and his appeals to white grievance and conspiracy theories.

Never mind that the GOP and their media masters allies been cultivating this for years and Trump is just the logical outcome.

Main Street

In the application of the Trump golf course at Doonbeg  for planning permission to build a 38,000 tons of rock seawall, contained an argument of climate change assisting the erosion.

sid waddell

Trump's lawyer Jo DiGenova has called for the execution of Trump's cybersecurity guy Chris Krebs, just because Krebs said the election was legitimate

"Legitimate grievances"

"Sick of being talked down to by the woke brigade"

Or something like that

sid waddell

I think it must be past time at this stage for networks to scour diners looking for the phenomenon of the Biden voter in the wild

What makes them tick

What made them reject fascism in such numbers

And why the Republicans should start listening to those on the coasts for a change, as well as all those non-coastal folks who rejected them

And why the Republicans should become not fascists

johnnycool

These pardons really are something you'd expect from a banana republic.

Crazy.