Attention OWCers

Started by gallsman, August 08, 2008, 12:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niall Quinn

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Orior

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 08, 2008, 03:48:24 PM
They love to round up on a gaaman indeed. I posted after someone was giving out about Nicky Brennan saying "north of Ireland GAA" or the likes instead of saying the words "northern Ireland". They thought it was bitterness that stopped him from uttering the words. I merely posted that, in fairness to him, he was speaking in reference to an intercounty game between 2 Ulster teams, one of which was outside of "northern Ireland". Cue every gripe and accusation anyone could ever have with the GAA being thrown my way, whether on topic or not. Then if I didnt answer them I was accused of avoiding questions put to me. I've even had that point made over here by an owc member, but lets not get into that again  ;)
By order of the mods  ;)
All in all, dress it up how you like, and theres many a decent bloke over there, but due to the silence of the good guys and the vulture like nature of the others, its not a welcoming place for a GAA man by any means.

The carry of of their mods really sums them up, the likes of sickboy and our own sammy g are meant to be the sensible fair guys, great examples them!!

I expect no less from owc. What I cant fathom are the dublin soccer heads that agree with them.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Main Street

I went with the conservative interpretation -   note bene.

fred the red

Badness happens when good guys do nothing.

Rossfan

Quote from: Orior on August 08, 2008, 05:00:43 PM

I expect no less from owc. What I cant fathom are the dublin soccer heads that agree with them.

The biggest anti GAA bigots in Ireland can be found among 26 Co Soccerites. I know a few Athlone dickheads and have come across some Sligo townies too and bigotted is a mild description.
Remember the antics of the FAI's party coming back from Belfast after they won qualification for the world Cup singing " You can stick your GAA up your hole".
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Main Street

Quote from: Rossfan on August 08, 2008, 07:57:41 PM
Quote from: Orior on August 08, 2008, 05:00:43 PM

The biggest anti GAA bigots in Ireland can be found among 26 Co Soccerites. I know a few Athlone d**kheads and have come across some Sligo townies too and bigotted is a mild description.
Remember the antics of the FAI's party coming back from Belfast after they won qualification for the world Cup singing " You can stick your GAA up your hole".
It's a myth
Thats just a story, a good one, but still a story all the same, invented by one journalist who is prone to such exaggerations for the sake of making a story sound good.

Orior

What's this? The occupied six playing soccer on a Sunday?

Disgraceful, lol

Orior