Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: Seaney on January 05, 2021, 08:35:13 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on January 04, 2021, 10:26:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2021, 09:57:17 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on January 04, 2021, 09:51:01 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2021, 09:42:40 PM
Doctors nurses will be paid, hospital managers, directors will also be working...

People in essential jobs will be working, plenty high paying jobs working.

Wife only finished her prep at 9 tonight, working longer now!

I'm sure Jim is still working

I'm not back until Wednesday MR. Will have to get up at 8.55 tomorrow and get myself used to the early starts again.

Wait and see what Arlene says lol

Who's going to play your wife in the movie btw? She's another hero.

This attitude sums up teachers during this, always trying to be the smart arse, feck the kids eh Jim!

??

imtommygunn

How else is the guy meant to converse with people like you??

Logic doesn't seem to work so what else is there!

Itchy

Quote from: restorepride on January 04, 2021, 11:44:31 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 04, 2021, 11:14:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2021, 10:46:48 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 04, 2021, 10:38:22 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2021, 10:31:12 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 04, 2021, 10:22:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2021, 09:42:40 PM
Doctors nurses will be paid, hospital managers, directors will also be working...

People in essential jobs will be working, plenty high paying jobs working.

Wife only finished her prep at 9 tonight, working longer now!

I'm sure Jim is still working

Yeah i know, my Mrs is a nurse and worked in covid ward from the start, none of her colleagues got covid, well over 100 of us in the factory did,that's the difference. It's same across the world, we were given no protection,as you know I had it mysel

I know it's not cut and dry, but proportionally...

None of it is fair, but there's some sweeping statements about a profession that haven't had a choice, the government has closed the schools, the government opened the schools, the schools are not prepared for online tuition, some are thinking on their feet and doing their best. Others, like many jobs that may have taken the piss during furlough.. but teachers are following what their managers principals and government have told them what to do..

Some teachers! And no accountability for those that don't. Do you agree with that or am I wrong?

There are certain topics which can't really be done, practical courses, PE, the rest, as far as I'm concerned (as my youngest has been through the first lockdown and will go through this one) is being done, and I've seen the effort my wife is putting into hers, she'll be in work developing video tuition lessons.

If the teachers are not doing it then contact your head teachers and inspectors..

As I said a teacher has no control on it, that comes from management, which needs to be monitored, by the same token those said teachers will (if they have kids) need to home school on top of their own work..

I can only give you my experience on it,

I dont doubt you that your wife and many other teachers will go the extra mile. But I can tell you in the South at least there is zero and i mean totally zero accountability for teachers who will do little or nothing in the next few weeks. You can ring inspectors and management till the cows come home  , absolutely nothing will be done. Bar murder a pupil in the south they are untouchable. Thats the sad state of affairs and they have one of the most important jobs around. Id hope that the majority would do their patriotic duty in this crisis and do what they can to educate our young but I know quite a lot will see this as another fully deserved holiday. Thats my personal experience with 1 child in secondary and 2 in primary school.
How did you find your own education?

I am not sure of the relevance of that. However, when my kids went to school I had assumed that education would be in a better place. I was actually amazed to see it wasnt. When I was in school there were some great teachers, inspirational teachers. There were also some that should never have been let near children. I got the head bet off me a number of times in primary school for example. I had teachers in secondary school that werent bothered and couldnt have given a shit how we did. 20 years later I can still see the same. The bottom line is, thanks to school unions and weak government, these same types of characters can work away in comfort as teachers and they cannot be touched. You can complain to whoever you like, it is pointless and that is a fact and every teacher out there (in the south at least) knows that. Since these characters have got away with this for so long why would we expect them to step up now when the country needs them to.

Seaney

Quote from: Itchy on January 05, 2021, 09:30:42 AM

I am not sure of the relevance of that. However, when my kids went to school I had assumed that education would be in a better place. I was actually amazed to see it wasnt. When I was in school there were some great teachers, inspirational teachers. There were also some that should never have been let near children. I got the head bet off me a number of times in primary school for example. I had teachers in secondary school that werent bothered and couldnt have given a shit how we did. 20 years later I can still see the same. The bottom line is, thanks to school unions and weak government, these same types of characters can work away in comfort as teachers and they cannot be touched. You can complain to whoever you like, it is pointless and that is a fact and every teacher out there (in the south at least) knows that. Since these characters have got away with this for so long why would we expect them to step up now when the country needs them to.

Ditto to the North, so much for a vocation - it's equivalent to the Norths Civil Servants for dead untouchable wood!

delgany

Quote from: Seaney on January 05, 2021, 11:49:26 AM

Ditto to the North, so much for a vocation - it's equivalent to the Norths Civil Servants for dead untouchable wood!

You must be talking about secondary schools !

Seaney

Quote from: delgany on January 05, 2021, 12:02:04 PM

No I am talking about teachers, primary ones can bluff a bit better, hard not to fail sending a child home to do a bit of colouring in!

JimStynes

What would expect or like with the online learning, Seany? Why don't you just send the children to school? Half of our children will be in on Thursday anyway.

ONeill

How did you find getting up early this morning Jim?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JimStynes

Quote from: ONeill on January 05, 2021, 12:59:06 PM

I'm not back in until tomorrow but I got up before 10 today to get myself prepared to go to war.

Taylor

Quote from: JimStynes on January 05, 2021, 01:00:55 PM

I'm not back in until tomorrow but I got up before 10 today to get myself prepared to go to war.

;D

trailer

We will fight them in playgrounds and the foyer, we will fight them in classroom and the store cupboard. We shall fight with our handouts and the photocopiers, we will never surrender!

Tony Baloney

The Rock famously gets up at about 4am for a gym session, so this could be his toughest acting gig yet.

delgany

Quote from: Seaney on January 05, 2021, 12:03:31 PM

No I am talking about teachers, primary ones can bluff a bit better, hard not to fail sending a child home to do a bit of colouring in!

You do know that colouring in has a vital part to play in a young child's fine motor skills, which improves that pencil grip and handwriting skills and consequently will improve their reading skills.
Now 100 such pages a week ...is too much !

JoG2

Quote from: hardstation on January 05, 2021, 02:37:50 PM
I think it's time teachers started to even up the score on engagement to online learning and projecting this on to terrible parenting.

Joe Madden 11B hasn't been online in 4 days. Parents yet to return calls or emails.
History - Bullet point summary on the Battle of Ypres incomplete.
Maths - Only submitted answers to half the questions on Cumulative frequency w/sheet last week.
Irish - Had to write 8 sentences on advantages of living in the city - instead resubmitted his paragraph about his best friend from October.
English - summary on Of Mice and Men consisted of "George shoots Lennie".

Terrible parenting - they just don't give a fiddlers. Yet, there's no accountability. There is no difference made between parents who do care and parents who don't. Joe should be in care at this stage.

On a brighter note, Joe has been elevated to Terminator status on Fortnite

trailer

Quote from: delgany on January 05, 2021, 02:46:01 PM
Quote from: Seaney on January 05, 2021, 12:03:31 PM

You do know that colouring in has a vital part to play in a young child's fine motor skills, which improves that pencil grip and handwriting skills and consequently will improve their reading skills.
Now 100 such pages a week ...is too much !

UUJ give out degrees in colouring in.