Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

Looks like school closures for January in England & Scotland,  wee 6 next to be closed. Weir will be in big difficulties now regarding transfer tests!

Taylor

Quote from: delgany on January 04, 2021, 05:20:53 PM
Quote from: Taylor on January 04, 2021, 04:11:27 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 04, 2021, 03:47:33 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on January 04, 2021, 03:37:01 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 04, 2021, 03:32:45 PM
The minister and the department don't seem to realise that we parents have to make arrangements. Living on a day to day basis, is the school open? closed? arranging childcare, booking time off work, sorting out online classes, etc, etc it's tiring and fills parents with anxiety. Parents need to know. And Teachers need to help this time unlike the last time when they treated it as an early summer holiday.

If the cases keep going up what do you recommend?

Make Teachers redundant and send them to the fields to pick fruit and vegetables.
Honestly if the numbers keep rising I can't see Schools reopening. I don't agree with it but I think that is what'll happen. The disparity becomes huge. Some children will have wonderful online learning experiences and others won't. Some children will suffer huge neglect. That's the truth of it.
My own view is that every other avenue should be exhausted before closing schools. Curfews put in place. Strict work from home. Only 1 outing a day exercise or shops. No mixing. And it needs to be enforced.

I take your point trailer however if we are doing all of the above and still opening schools then the onus will very firmly fall on schools and I mean really fall onto schools.
Class bubbles, walking around corridors, sanatising etc etc - very few of these are actually being properly followed in schools

Complete Bull.....
You belong on the Nolan show

Is that directed at my point or what part of the thread?

delgany

Quote from: Taylor on January 04, 2021, 05:55:21 PM
The minister and the department don't seem to realise that we parents have to make arrangements. Living on a day to day basis, is the school open? closed? arranging childcare, booking time off work, sorting out online classes, etc, etc it's tiring and fills parents with anxiety. Parents need to know. And Teachers need to help this time unlike the last time when they treated it as an early summer holiday.

Make Teachers redundant and send them to the fields to pick fruit and vegetables.
Honestly if the numbers keep rising I can't see Schools reopening. I don't agree with it but I think that is what'll happen. The disparity becomes huge. Some children will have wonderful online learning experiences and others won't. Some children will suffer huge neglect. That's the truth of it.
My own view is that every other avenue should be exhausted before closing schools. Curfews put in place. Strict work from home. Only 1 outing a day exercise or shops. No mixing. And it needs to be enforced.

I take your point trailer however if we are doing all of the above and still opening schools then the onus will very firmly fall on schools and I mean really fall onto schools.
Class bubbles, walking around corridors, sanatising etc etc - very few of these are actually being properly followed in schools

Complete Bull.....

"Class bubbles, walking around corridors, sanatising etc etc - very few of these are actually being properly followed in schools

Taylor

Quote from: delgany on January 04, 2021, 05:58:12 PM

Complete Bull.....

"Class bubbles, walking around corridors, sanatising etc etc - very few of these are actually being properly followed in schools

You are saying they are strictly being followed in all schools?

delgany

Quote from: Taylor on January 04, 2021, 06:01:43 PM

Complete Bull.....

How do you know they aren't being followed - it's also a reference to Nolanesque statistical analysis.

How many school pupils were covid +ve? How many have had to isolate?

laoislad

So do we reckon the schools will open or not on Monday? Cabinet meeting on Wednesday apparently but that's leaving it late for those of us who are self employed and will have to cancel jobs if we have to stay at home with kids. Heard Minister for Education Norma Foley earlier saying they are opening but I have my doubts.
My eldest also has a full time SNA in school. He is going to be completely out of routine now if schools stay shut  which won't help him, hopefully something is in place for that. There was absolutely no help for him during the first school closure back in March.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Itchy

Quote from: laoislad on January 04, 2021, 06:28:38 PM
So do we reckon the schools will open or not on Monday? Cabinet meeting on Wednesday apparently but that's leaving it late for those of us who are self employed and will have to cancel jobs if we have to stay at home with kids. Heard Minister for Education Norma Foley earlier saying they are opening but I have my doubts.
My eldest also has a full time SNA in school. He is going to be completely out of routine now if schools stay shut  which won't help him, hopefully something is in place for that. There was absolutely no help for him during the first school closure back in March.

I would say they'll extend hols another week due to all the whinging. Yet you, me, the shop keepers, nurses etc will go to work as normal. Some will lose their jobs as they'll have to stay at home to take care of their kids. Some kids will get a good online tutoring from their teacher and some will get zero from their teacher and it will make no difference to either set of teachers who will both get same full pay. Thats what I predict will happen.

Taylor

Quote from: delgany on January 04, 2021, 06:20:11 PM

Complete Bull.....

How do you know they aren't being followed - it's also a reference to Nolanesque statistical analysis.

Have a walk past any school yard at lunchtime to see what procedures are being followed.

Is every single desk/door handle etc being sanitised when post primary school pupils switch class?

Are kids sitting beside pupils from different classes on the way to/from school?

I dont blame teachers at all for this but it seems that you are saying schools are safe and the virus wont be transmitted between students.

Seems every every government in the UK disagree with you as well

Itchy

Quote from: Taylor on January 04, 2021, 08:23:30 PM
Quote from: delgany on January 04, 2021, 06:20:11 PM

Complete Bull.....

Have a walk past any school yard at lunchtime to see what procedures are being followed.

Is every single desk/door handle etc being sanitised when post primary school pupils switch class?

Are kids sitting beside pupils from different classes on the way to/from school?

I dont blame teachers at all for this but it seems that you are saying schools are safe and the virus wont be transmitted between students.

Seems every every government in the UK disagree with you as well

No where is safe,  you think someone can give you certainty your work is safe then you are in dreamland. But partitions, sanitisers, doors that can be opened and closed by elbow and a range of other things can reduce risk. You think nurses are safe heading to work every day or shop keepers?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on January 04, 2021, 06:36:37 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 04, 2021, 06:28:38 PM

I would say they'll extend hols another week due to all the whinging. Yet you, me, the shop keepers, nurses etc will go to work as normal. Some will lose their jobs as they'll have to stay at home to take care of their kids. Some kids will get a good online tutoring from their teacher and some will get zero from their teacher and it will make no difference to either set of teachers who will both get same full pay. Thats what I predict will happen.

This is what will happen. The so called lower paid workers will be the ones who will have to work, us that have no voice or no unions. It will be the working classes who bear the proportional brunt of infections ( of course there will be exceptions ), the shop workers, taxi drivers , factory workers, site men/women

Milltown Row2

Doctors nurses will be paid, hospital managers, directors will also be working...

People in essential jobs will be working, plenty high paying jobs working.

Wife only finished her prep at 9 tonight, working longer now!

I'm sure Jim is still working
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2021, 09:42:40 PM
Doctors nurses will be paid, hospital managers, directors will also be working...

I'm not back until Wednesday MR. Will have to get up at 8.55 tomorrow and get myself used to the early starts again.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on January 04, 2021, 09:51:01 PM

I'm not back until Wednesday MR. Will have to get up at 8.55 tomorrow and get myself used to the early starts again.

Wait and see what Arlene says lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Yeah i know, my Mrs is a nurse and worked in covid ward from the start, none of her colleagues got covid, well over 100 of us in the factory did,that's the difference. It's same across the world, we were given no protection,as you know I had it mysel

I know it's not cut and dry, but proportionally...

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2021, 09:57:17 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on January 04, 2021, 09:51:01 PM

Wait and see what Arlene says lol

Who's going to play your wife in the movie btw? She's another hero.