Newspaper Items

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, February 26, 2015, 01:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

les Antiques

I'm in two minds . On one hand it will definetly add and create a different kind of excitement to the summer . On the other hand it would be unlikely for counties such as Tipp to reach an All Ireland Semi Final again given the Super 8 set-up . Lots more pros and cons but maybe it's worth a go . A shake up is needed .

Keyser Söze

Quote from: les Antiques on February 23, 2017, 11:06:19 AM
I'm in two minds . On one hand it will definetly add and create a different kind of excitement to the summer . On the other hand it would be unlikely for counties such as Tipp to reach an All Ireland Semi Final again given the Super 8 set-up . Lots more pros and cons but maybe it's worth a go . A shake up is needed .

One thing from Brolly's article that's worth noting is the extra revenue from TV, tickets and sponsorship that this will generate.
We all know how the GAA works, if they fall upon something that boosts the coffers, that something is here to stay.
If this is given 3 years the GAA are then able to show the massive increase in revenue it produced, and then what they are particularly good at is showing us how we all benefitted from this money "trickling down". If it get's in, it's here far beyond the 3 years.

I don't see anything it it except giving more chances to the stronger status quo and reducing the chances of those trying to catch up.
Oh, and the extra money!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Junior Ex Laoistalk

It's not proving very popular according to this poll:

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=266719

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Creedon: we'll shake hands after
22 February 2017

There will be no room for sentiment when Peter Creedon sends his Laois players out on to the O'Moore Park field for Saturday night's Division 3 encounter against his former Tipperary charges.
The Cork native laid the foundations for the Premier County's run to last year's All-Ireland SFC semi-final during his spells as minor, U-21 and senior manager.
"I've worked with all of the Tipp players, many of them for nearly ten years, so they'll be trying to get one over on me and I'll be trying to get one over on them," he remarked to The Irish Independent.
"We'll go at it hard for the match and then shake hands after.
"I wasn't one bit surprised at Tipp's emergence, they'd been knocking on the door in previous years. There's huge talent within that squad, they'll be hoping to push on and will be a huge challenge on Saturday night.
"I'd be hoping Tipp will do very well in the league and push on in the Munster Championship but on Saturday night I'll be planning the best performance for Laois."
Creedon is planning without the services of Kevin Meaney and Kieran Lillis who both picked up knocks in recent weeks while midfielder Brendan Quigley is not set to return for another six weeks at least.

Don Draper

The Super 8 is a crock of shit.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

SCFC

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Jim McGuinness Gives Piece Of Advice That Should Speak To Every Sportsperson
https://www.balls.ie/gaa/jim-mcguinness-3-365138

redsetanta

Came across this article about Zoom from the time of his book launch.

[url]http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/all-for-the-love-of-the-game-26496024.html[url]
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi