Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2020, 03:31:49 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 21, 2020, 02:58:08 PM
Quote from: Seaney on October 21, 2020, 02:48:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2020, 02:45:59 PM
Quote from: Seaney on October 21, 2020, 02:41:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2020, 02:38:22 PM
Quote from: Seaney on October 21, 2020, 02:28:06 PM
I suspect those on here advocating lockdown to save the NHS hasn't had a family member seriously ill during the last 7 months, my wife and her siblings are doing 24/7 round the clock care for their father who is on palliative care, oxygen, morphine etc as if he was to go into hospital no one would be allowed in to see him.  The palliative care team don't visit, they zoom etc, granted one family member is a nurse, but been long time out of general practice, the NHS is only open for covid patients and the inhumanity of not allowing visits is heart wrenching.

Yes my dads in a bad way, still getting his visits from the cancer nurse and still getting appointments at the Cancer clinic...

He would be happier if we had a better handle on the situation so that he can have a better outcome in the long run with his extended family, at the minute due to the virus and it's effects on cancer patients it would possibly end his life sooner should he catch it by ones wanting to let her rip

God that is atrocious to take your fathers illness and weaponize it like that, I never once said let it rip, but we should let people live, vulnerable people can be protected without shutting down society,  I hope your father isn't suffering too much, it's tragic to be so ill and even more tragic in these strange times.

I'm not, you put up a statement saying care and home care visits are not being done, it is and visiting hospitals is not a closed place for anyone without covid, as cancer treatments are being carried out.. and I never said that you want to let her rip, other people have and that's who I'm referring too

Care homes are closed here, and if my father-in-law was in hospital no one would get to see him - that is fact!

My granny was in hospital about 6 weeks ago there, nothing Covid related or that. Only 1 person was allowed (who was nominated) was allowed into visit.

That's been standard since Covid and you wouldn't want too many people visiting wards in hospital anyways.. the Nominated person has worked well enough, ones have brought in their Ipads and face timed other family during it..

Care homes should be closed as they were the main reason death rates spiked so much...

Work well for patients with hearing and visual impairments!!

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 21, 2020, 03:29:43 PM
It's not at all. You said the virus was stagnating.

Nope I said the virus was stagnating as daily cases were staying fairly stable over the past fortnight, how we measure the growth of the virus is daily cases. Look you got there eventually I suppose.

Quote from: Angelo on October 20, 2020, 03:29:52 PM

It looks as though the virus has stagnated now, we are having fairly similar daily numbers for the past fortnight.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on October 21, 2020, 03:04:32 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on October 21, 2020, 03:00:05 PM
Angelo whether you're right or wrong doesn't overly matter here. Not to me anyway.

You're absolutely correct to probe the preconceived concepts, lazy thinking, and in some cases sheer zealotry of contributors.

The number of hugely intolerant replies you've faced - especially those that wish to decry you as an idiot for maintaining an open mind - is completely out of order.

But for God's sake, please do everyone a favour and stop posting the same f**king post in a slightly reworded way, every few hours.

This thread is now unbearable to read. And it's mostly on you.

It takes two to tango.

When I continue to meet the lazy and intolerant replies I have then I will continue to use the same posts I have.

I know what you are saying, but stop using flu as an example please, its not flu, nor until we know what it is (in the long run) can we actually use anything as an example, its a virus with various different outcomes for different people that's not seasonal and can spread far quicker more infectious than flu...

There are thousands of different types virus. This one is its very own.

Lets deal with what it is now and look at it when (if) it ever settles down, had we went on about our business without trying to slow the pace down then that would have been criminal.

I'm not for all the mini lockdowns to be honest, work wise its affects and mental wise it affects people, but there are smarter people than us (with various opinions) who'll help the gov make decisions, rightly or wrongly, we just have to get through it.. Complaining about the HS not being able to facilitate the current pandemic is daft as its been under funded for years, with successive governments allowing it to suffer..

Putting a plaster over it is all we can do at the minute, they'll need to look after that side of things with immediate effect, but that will also take time to make and train nurses and doctors up for such things..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Seaney on October 21, 2020, 03:41:36 PM
I suspect those on here advocating lockdown to save the NHS hasn't had a family member seriously ill during the last 7 months, my wife and her siblings are doing 24/7 round the clock care for their father who is on palliative care, oxygen, morphine etc as if he was to go into hospital no one would be allowed in to see him.  The palliative care team don't visit, they zoom etc, granted one family member is a nurse, but been long time out of general practice, the NHS is only open for covid patients and the inhumanity of not allowing visits is heart wrenching.

Yes my dads in a bad way, still getting his visits from the cancer nurse and still getting appointments at the Cancer clinic...

He would be happier if we had a better handle on the situation so that he can have a better outcome in the long run with his extended family, at the minute due to the virus and it's effects on cancer patients it would possibly end his life sooner should he catch it by ones wanting to let her rip

God that is atrocious to take your fathers illness and weaponize it like that, I never once said let it rip, but we should let people live, vulnerable people can be protected without shutting down society,  I hope your father isn't suffering too much, it's tragic to be so ill and even more tragic in these strange times.

I'm not, you put up a statement saying care and home care visits are not being done, it is and visiting hospitals is not a closed place for anyone without covid, as cancer treatments are being carried out.. and I never said that you want to let her rip, other people have and that's who I'm referring too

Care homes are closed here, and if my father-in-law was in hospital no one would get to see him - that is fact!

My granny was in hospital about 6 weeks ago there, nothing Covid related or that. Only 1 person was allowed (who was nominated) was allowed into visit.

That's been standard since Covid and you wouldn't want too many people visiting wards in hospital anyways.. the Nominated person has worked well enough, ones have brought in their Ipads and face timed other family during it..

Care homes should be closed as they were the main reason death rates spiked so much...

I'm all on board for the fact the NHS urgently needs to review how they progress with operations and treatments. But are you querying the reduced limitations for visitors as well? Especially for critically ill?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Seaney

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 21, 2020, 03:55:03 PM

I'm all on board for the fact the NHS urgently needs to review how they progress with operations and treatments. But are you querying the reduced limitations for visitors as well? Especially for critically ill?

Yes - if you were critically ill would you not like to see your son or daughter?

Milltown Row2

No and if they have those ailments they would still struggle when they are at the hospital! But not every family will have someone with that.

But please don't say the hospitals and nursing visits are not being carried out, as I'm seeing it first hand and taking my dad for appointments to the hospital, and that was during the first lockdown and now this one..

I'd say some areas are reduced in visits, which is awful on families, even the reduced numbers at funerals and weddings is bad, as I seen first hand on Monday, but whats the answer?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seaney on October 21, 2020, 04:01:35 PM

Yes - if you were critically ill would you not like to see your son or daughter?

What about the other critically ill ones in there?

trueblue1234

Of course you would. But that doesn't make it the right decision. There had to be limitations on family/ friends attending loved ones in hospital. One of the biggest mistakes at the start was not taking enough precautions in protecting the vulnerable. Limiting the number of people with access, limits the chances of Covid transfer for the patient. I can 100% understand that approach, albeit still have sympathy for the people going through it.

Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2020, 04:04:47 PM

What about them, they should be entitled to visits also, it is inhumane to allow someone to die and their loved ones in the car park, PPE can be worn.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Angelo on October 21, 2020, 03:50:39 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 21, 2020, 03:29:43 PM
It's not at all. You said the virus was stagnating.

Nope I said the virus was stagnating as daily cases were staying fairly stable over the past fortnight, how we measure the growth of the virus is daily cases. Look you got there eventually I suppose.

Quote from: Angelo on October 20, 2020, 03:29:52 PM

It looks as though the virus has stagnated now, we are having fairly similar daily numbers for the past fortnight.

Jesus. You still don't get it.

Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2020, 04:04:10 PM

No and if they have those ailments they would still struggle when they are at the hospital! But not every family will have someone with that.

But please don't say the hospitals and nursing visits are not being carried out, as I'm seeing it first hand and taking my dad for appointments to the hospital, and that was during the first lockdown and now this one..

I'd say some areas are reduced in visits, which is awful on families, even the reduced numbers at funerals and weddings is bad, as I seen first hand on Monday, but whats the answer?

Care homes are closed for visiting in our area and you saying I am lying when I said I never saw my mother for 12 weeks except when I was told she had hours to live, the nurses tried facetime but she couldn't see the screen or hear, had I been there she could have seen and heard me and brought her some comfort, this point scoring exercise you have is fascinating, you do realise care homes and hospitals don't operate in unison.

Seaney

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 21, 2020, 04:06:23 PM

Of course you would. But that doesn't make it the right decision. There had to be limitations on family/ friends attending loved ones in hospital. One of the biggest mistakes at the start was not taking enough precautions in protecting the vulnerable. Limiting the number of people with access, limits the chances of Covid transfer for the patient. I can 100% understand that approach, albeit still have sympathy for the people going through it.

You obviously didn't go through it though, limitations does not mean no one.   Craigavon biggest outbreak was from nurses at a house party, but one can't comfort a parent.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seaney on October 21, 2020, 04:13:30 PM

What about them, they should be entitled to visits also, it is inhumane to allow someone to die and their loved ones in the car park, PPE can be worn.

Ok, so solve it by possibly killing more? Plenty of medical staff have died while using PPE in these places. hospitals are the last place you'd want to be even in normal circumstances, during this period is madness. we all may go through this but all just waying into the hospital PPE on isnt the answer.

Point scoring ffs lad calm yourself, I never mention care homes other than saying they are closed and should be, I said hospital appointments are still available and nurses doing visits is still happening. Your very angry, I get that but you've provided nothing to solve it other than wearing PPE

Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2020, 04:23:56 PM
Quote from: Seaney on October 21, 2020, 04:13:30 PM

Ok, so solve it by possibly killing more? Plenty of medical staff have died while using PPE in these places. hospitals are the last place you'd want to be even in normal circumstances, during this period is madness. we all may go through this but all just waying into the hospital PPE on isnt the answer.

Point scoring ffs lad calm yourself, I never mention care homes other than saying they are closed and should be, I said hospital appointments are still available and nurses doing visits is still happening. Your very angry, I get that but you've provided nothing to solve it other than wearing PPE

You are some piece of work weaponizing your father's illness to try and make a point but ignoring other ill patients and their human rights, my mother hadn't covid, wasn't in the covid side, I didn't have covid symptoms, why was I allowed to go see here when she was dying why not when she could be comforted, is this the standard line of this board, you are a very angry man when one questions the "regulars"?

trueblue1234

Quote from: Seaney on October 21, 2020, 04:19:29 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 21, 2020, 04:06:23 PM

You obviously didn't go through it though, limitations does not mean no one.   Craigavon biggest outbreak was from nurses at a house party, but one can't comfort a parent.
I didn't go through it, that's a fair comment. So yes, from my perspective all I can do is try to evaluate how I think I would have reacted. It would have been a horrendous thing to go through and as I said you have my sympathies as does anyone else who went through it. People that I know were allowed 1/2 into see the family member that was sick. I think the hospitals had to try and prevent Covid entering the hospital and this was the most basic way to do it. I think had I a family member in hospital who was vulnerable I would have wanted them to take every precaution possible. But as you say maybe I'd have felt different if I'd been through what you have.
My own mother was due a hip replacement in March that was cancelled. It was re-scheduled to 13th September and then cancelled the week before again due to the current spike. Not life threatening surgery but it was to happen in altinagevlin. And I know I would selfishly have preferred as few visitors as possible on the ward if it meant reduced risk to her catching covid.