Time of the games on Saturday in Croker

Started by Unlaoised, March 27, 2018, 09:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Beffs on March 27, 2018, 08:43:37 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 27, 2018, 12:03:28 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 27, 2018, 11:54:09 AM
National Finals should be in HQ.

Or do some of ye want it to be used for rubby and stick Carlow into one of the 3 worst County Grounds in the Country.
Disappointed in you Dinny :'(

I get the whole arguement about playing it in CP but it does nothing, zero to promote the game. Since you bizarrely brought rugby into it, the same day Thomand Park is sold out, 27k Munster fans which game will have the better atmosphere and better optics and therefore better promotion.

IF Thomond Park is sold out, it's because Munster have a half decent team again, and/or a post Grand Slam supporter high. The place has been half empty for most of their games, these past 4 or 5 years. Now that they are no longer shite, their supporters - the biggest bandwagon brigade in the country - are turning up again. (Good luck getting their PR machine to admit it mind.) Proper marketing has sweet EFF all to do with it.
Never mind the last 4/5 years, it was well empty last Saturday as well. A proper bandwagon. At least Leinster seem to get a more consistent crowd into the RDS, and only opt for Lansdowne when it's necessary.

Regarding the finals, I am not keen on teams being dragged up to Croke Park for certain fixtures that aren't finals, like Dublin's early Leinster fixtures, replays of QF's, SF's etc. (Mayo v Ros on the bank holiday Monday last year was ridiculous), but for finals I think it's right and proper to play them there, just as the camogie club finals should have been played there instead of Clones. They have earned that right and let them have it, even if there's no bandwagon behind them.

manfromdelmonte

€30 on sunday

FCUK OFF

why is it only €20 on Saturday?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Owenmoresider on March 28, 2018, 09:00:59 AM
Quote from: Beffs on March 27, 2018, 08:43:37 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 27, 2018, 12:03:28 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 27, 2018, 11:54:09 AM
National Finals should be in HQ.

Or do some of ye want it to be used for rubby and stick Carlow into one of the 3 worst County Grounds in the Country.
Disappointed in you Dinny :'(

I get the whole arguement about playing it in CP but it does nothing, zero to promote the game. Since you bizarrely brought rugby into it, the same day Thomand Park is sold out, 27k Munster fans which game will have the better atmosphere and better optics and therefore better promotion.

IF Thomond Park is sold out, it's because Munster have a half decent team again, and/or a post Grand Slam supporter high. The place has been half empty for most of their games, these past 4 or 5 years. Now that they are no longer shite, their supporters - the biggest bandwagon brigade in the country - are turning up again. (Good luck getting their PR machine to admit it mind.) Proper marketing has sweet EFF all to do with it.
Never mind the last 4/5 years, it was well empty last Saturday as well. A proper bandwagon. At least Leinster seem to get a more consistent crowd into the RDS, and only opt for Lansdowne when it's necessary.

Regarding the finals, I am not keen on teams being dragged up to Croke Park for certain fixtures that aren't finals, like Dublin's early Leinster fixtures, replays of QF's, SF's etc. (Mayo v Ros on the bank holiday Monday last year was ridiculous), but for finals I think it's right and proper to play them there, just as the camogie club finals should have been played there instead of Clones. They have earned that right and let them have it, even if there's no bandwagon behind them.

I've always said there is a core Munster following who attend games of about 10-13k. I've been a season ticket holder since I came back from America in 2001, and I remember the old Thomond Park when 13k would be like Croke Park on All Ireland day.

I do hesitate to use the term bandwagon though, because I know that a lot of those guys who don't go to the games when it's wet/meaningless/during internationals with weakened teams are still keenly aware of the games and the results and how the team are getting on. So absolutely bandwagon in terms of going to the games, but not in terms of their interest in the team.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 28, 2018, 09:46:16 AM
€30 on sunday

FCUK OFF

Div 3/4 matches throughout the entirety of the league are cheaper. Not sure by how much, I'll find out next year.

Rossfan

D3 and 4 season tickets were cheaper too.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

manfromdelmonte

more disrespect to the weaker counties

they should be paying as much to watch the same crap football

Owenmoresider

tonto1888

Quote from: OgraAnDun on March 28, 2018, 11:05:24 AM
€30 on sunday

FCUK OFF

Div 3/4 matches throughout the entirety of the league are cheaper. Not sure by how much, I'll find out next year.

£9 or 10 Euro

Syferus

€30 on sunday

FCUK OFF

Find a season ticket holder from a non-competing county and get in for free.

Cunny Funt

€30 on sunday

FCUK OFF

If common sense was used Sundays seated tickets would be €20 while Saturdays would be €15.

From the Bunker

The biggest disaster for the GAA is that the best supported team this weekend will be the home team -  Dublin, who have a plethora of Season tickets. Which means a good crowd at the game but no decent revenue.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 28, 2018, 08:48:05 PM
The biggest disaster for the GAA is that the best supported team this weekend will be the home team -  Dublin, who have a plethora of Season tickets. Which means a good crowd at the game but no decent revenue.

Tell that to the queues for drink and burgers.

Orchard park

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 28, 2018, 08:48:05 PM

only about season 7500 tickets in Dublin including parnell passes so guess somewhere around 5000 entitled to be there on Sunday

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magpie seanie