2015/2016 Premier League

Started by ONeill, August 03, 2015, 07:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on May 11, 2016, 11:49:16 AM
It is hard to know what to wish for as a Utd supporter. Win last night and Champions league football almost certain but at the end of the day what is the point in being in it if you are only making up the numbers. People seem to be obsessed in this 'top 4' thing. I can understand the financial gain aspect for smaller clubs but this is not relevant for Utd.

If not making the Champions League means that a new manager that plays exciting, attacking football is brought in then I'm happy enough to miss out.

Utd are boring to watch under the current management and this needs to change.

Boring for sure but if you look at the teams under Utd they have worse off goal difference ... its about getting a good balance, strong defence with more attacking/creative play
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2016, 02:09:05 PM
It is hard to know what to wish for as a Utd supporter. Win last night and Champions league football almost certain but at the end of the day what is the point in being in it if you are only making up the numbers. People seem to be obsessed in this 'top 4' thing. I can understand the financial gain aspect for smaller clubs but this is not relevant for Utd.

If not making the Champions League means that a new manager that plays exciting, attacking football is brought in then I'm happy enough to miss out.

Boring for sure but if you look at the teams under Utd they have worse off goal difference ... its about getting a good balance, strong defence with more attacking/creative play

Yeah it is a more balanced team that is needed, I think too often they have been over run in middle with power and pace, last night being a prime example. Sometimes and especially in the EPL power and pace will win out against technically better players.

LVG probably has suffered from not being more adaptable and being overly cautious. That being said when they played his passing style with the pace that he sought they were good to watch, sadly this just has not happened often enough.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on May 11, 2016, 02:23:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2016, 02:09:05 PM

Yeah it is a more balanced team that is needed, I think too often they have been over run in middle with power and pace, last night being a prime example. Sometimes and especially in the EPL power and pace will win out against technically better players.

LVG probably has suffered from not being more adaptable and being overly cautious. That being said when they played his passing style with the pace that he sought they were good to watch, sadly this just has not happened often enough.

You got to have a few styles of play in your teams make up!! ability to score goals, defend, creativity and bully midfield .. add in a great keeper and you are nearly there ... though the missing link with Utd is  leaders ... Seems the Foxes have it in each line which has been the difference, even Spurs who were always lacking backbone had it this season
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

With Sunderland winning it looks like Norwich,Newcastle will be relegated tonight.

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 11, 2016, 08:36:33 PM
With Sunderland winning it looks like Norwich,Newcastle will be relegated tonight.

Hats Off to Allardyce, he has done it again. I think he has found his niche at this stage.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

gawa316

It certainly does, unless you get 4 points for a win in your last game!

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on May 11, 2016, 09:59:42 PM

It certainly does, unless you get 4 points for a win in your last game!
Lol.

I wonder will Rafa stay with Newcastle. There was talk of him going to Everton. Doubt they would be happy with that considering he once called them a small club.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on May 11, 2016, 09:56:49 PM

Hats Off to Allardyce, he has done it again. I think he has found his niche at this stage.
If you want to avoid relegation Big Sam is your man instead of Fat Rafa.

Milltown Row2

Could Rafa do a job at Utd?? He was good at getting the best out of a mid table team for a while and has good cup history

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2016, 10:28:47 PM
Could Rafa do a job at Utd?? He was good at getting the best out of a mid table team for a while and has good cup history
There would be a riot if he was even mentioned.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 11, 2016, 10:41:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2016, 10:28:47 PM
There would be a riot if he was even mentioned.

I think he's a good manager, I don't think there was any bad blood with Utd

Farrandeelin

Fair play to Sunderland again. They're my 'battle against relegation' favourite team these last 4 or 5 seasons. Had a hunch when they appointed Allardyce they would survive.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ashman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 11, 2016, 11:37:09 PM
Fair play to Sunderland again. They're my 'battle against relegation' favourite team these last 4 or 5 seasons. Had a hunch when they appointed Allardyce they would survive.

He learned those instincts in Limerick. !!