Ulster Club IFC/JFC 2023

Started by DownFanatic, September 19, 2023, 12:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: InnocentByStander on November 07, 2023, 03:07:36 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 07, 2023, 02:59:11 PM
Quote from: tiempo on November 07, 2023, 02:39:28 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on November 07, 2023, 01:30:31 PMNo promotion re championship in Derry this year. Ballymaguigan and Glenullin back to back winners

Its in the official guide that you are automatically promoted via Champ win and if that isn't the case in Derry its a) f**king embarrassing and b) against the rule, but mainly (a). Major red flag that a club has no ambition if they accept another year at the lower level

Did you not see the celebrations after the final whistle?. You'd have had thought it was their first championship title in decades. Embarrasing stuff.

One of the worst posts I have ever read. Fellas train all year for one reason to win their championship god forbid they celebrate. Also they were underdogs for the final and scored a last minute goal just to get to ET.

So the embarssing stuff here is your post for trying to out a team for winning a championship

Agreed...ridiculous post

clarshack

Quote from: JoG2 on November 07, 2023, 01:30:31 PMNo promotion re championship in Derry this year. Ballymaguigan and Glenullin back to back winners

Its in the official guide that you are automatically promoted via Champ win and if that isn't the case in Derry its a) f**king embarrassing and b) against the rule, but mainly (a). Major red flag that a club has no ambition if they accept another year at the lower level

Did you not see the celebrations after the final whistle?. You'd have had thought it was their first championship title in decades. Embarrasing stuff.

One of the worst posts I have ever read. Fellas train all year for one reason to win their championship god forbid they celebrate. Also they were underdogs for the final and scored a last minute goal just to get to ET.

So the embarssing stuff here is your post for trying to out a team for winning a championship

Sorry but the celebrations were way OTT having won it last season and not moving up to Senior. Are they moving up to Senior next year?

JoG2

Quote from: clarshack on November 07, 2023, 03:13:29 PM

Sorry but the celebrations were way OTT having won it last season and not moving up to Senior. Are they moving up to Senior next year?

You must have some championship CV

InnocentByStander

Ill just assume you come from a c

Ill assume you come from a club that doesn't win much, my club has won alot of senior titles as of late and every titles is as special as the last. No Why would they have to? they arnt senior standard.

clarshack

Quote from: JoG2 on November 07, 2023, 03:16:15 PMYou must have some championship CV

No just not used to teams not moving up a level when they should. I guess we do things different in Tyrone  ;D

clarshack

Quote from: InnocentByStander on November 07, 2023, 03:19:59 PMIll assume you come from a club that doesn't win much, my club has won alot of senior titles as of late and every titles is as special as the last. No Why would they have to? they arnt senior standard.

Completely different scenario in winning consecutive Senior titles to Intermediate/Junior ffs. So the Derry Intermediate Champions should never go up then as they won't be senior standard?

Armagh18

Quote from: InnocentByStander on November 07, 2023, 03:19:59 PMIll just assume you come from a c

Ill assume you come from a club that doesn't win much, my club has won alot of senior titles as of late and every titles is as special as the last. No Why would they have to? they arnt senior standard.
Hang on. If you win an intermediate you should be moving up. Anything else is absolutely daft.

InnocentByStander

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 07, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
Quote from: InnocentByStander on November 07, 2023, 03:19:59 PMIll just assume you come from a c

Hang on. If you win an intermediate you should be moving up. Anything else is absolutely daft.
[/q
Quote from: clarshack on November 07, 2023, 03:21:19 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on November 07, 2023, 03:16:15 PMYou must have some championship CV

No just not used to teams not moving up a level when they should. I guess we do things different in Tyrone  ;D

I take back my statement teams should be moving up even if they arnt at the standard. Although i don't think there was much of a mention of it because they weren't really expected to win it this year or even last year. 

Dreadnought

Quote from: JoG2 on November 07, 2023, 01:13:55 PM
Quote from: ranch on November 07, 2023, 12:14:49 PMI don't see what the outrage is regarding the Cavan junior champions being in division 1. League and championship shouldn't be linked as far I'm concerned.
Armagh this year is the perfect example of why they shouldn't be linked.
Look at the Armagh senior championship this year - 16 teams entering into a group stage, seeded based on league positions. So a small club like Shane O'Neills are missing their 3 county players for 90% of their league games, come bottom of division 1b and get punished by a being a bottom seed in the senior championship.
Cullyhanna are another example of the problems caused by linking both - they get relegated in the league in 2022 as they have 3 or 4 players away with the county team. As a result they also move down championship and walk to an intermediate championship in 2023. The Cavan system seems to be much fairer than this.

Read that back to yourself a couple of times
And survived with 2 wins out of 12, bottom of the table, and won a relegation playoff with an ambush. They're simply not a Senior level club.

The fact they got relegated from intermediate in 2021 and lost the Junior final last year tells you all as to their actual level at Championship time when all have county players back. Read that back to yourself too

Jimmy

Derry are in the middle of a league and championship restructure that will take a couple of years to work itself out.

Moving from a 14 team senior and intermediate championship to 12 senior and intermediate championship and breaking the link from league and championship.

2 teams being relegated from grade above with no promotion this year. From 2024, it will be 1 up and 1 down. Glenullin are staying intermediate next year but are being joined by Ballinderry and Coleraine.

They were hoping to get it done last year but clubs objected when they realised they were in relegation bother.

JoG2

Quote from: Dreadnought on November 07, 2023, 04:07:15 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on November 07, 2023, 01:13:55 PM
Quote from: ranch on November 07, 2023, 12:14:49 PMI don't see what the outrage is regarding the Cavan junior champions being in division 1. League and championship shouldn't be linked as far I'm concerned.
Look at the Armagh senior championship this year - 16 teams entering into a group stage, seeded based on league positions. So a small club like Shane O'Neills are missing their 3 county players for 90% of their league games, come bottom of division 1b and get punished by a being a bottom seed in the senior championship.
Cullyhanna are another example of the problems caused by linking both - they get relegated in the league in 2022 as they have 3 or 4 players away with the county team. As a result they also move down championship and walk to an intermediate championship in 2023. The Cavan system seems to be much fairer than this.

Read that back to yourself a couple of times
And survived with 2 wins out of 12, bottom of the table, and won a relegation playoff with an ambush. They're simply not a Senior level club.

The fact they got relegated from intermediate in 2021 and lost the Junior final last year tells you all as to their actual level at Championship time when all have county players back. Read that back to yourself too

Those words will be comforting to the Cavan junior clubs and Ballymaguigan so far.

Armagh18

Quote from: InnocentByStander on November 07, 2023, 04:02:58 PM

[/q
Quote from: clarshack on November 07, 2023, 03:21:19 PM

I take back my statement teams should be moving up even if they arnt at the standard. Although i don't think there was much of a mention of it because they weren't really expected to win it this year or even last year. 
If you win the lower level championship one year then surely you're at the standard to give the higher level a rattle the next year. If you win it 2 years in a row then you certainly should be moving up. Jesus some backward backward counties out there.

oakleaflad

Quote from: JoG2 on November 07, 2023, 03:08:34 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 07, 2023, 03:01:58 PM

Craigbane won Derry Junior last year?

Sorry, yes. Ballymaguigan beaten finalists
*Semi-finalists

JoG2

Quote from: oakleaflad on November 07, 2023, 06:19:07 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on November 07, 2023, 03:08:34 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 07, 2023, 03:01:58 PM

Craigbane won Derry Junior last year?

Sorry, yes. Ballymaguigan beaten finalists
*Semi-finalists

Indeed! Final in all but name ;)

general_lee

WTF are you on about?

How were Shane's being punished?

They won Intermediate league & championship double last year ffs! Why wouldn't they be fit to give senior a rattle?

They didn't exactly disgrace themselves either - pretty sure they beat this years senior finalists in the league and and were only beaten by the semi finalists by a point in the groups. They'll be one of the favourites for the Intermediate title in 2024.