Boxing Day

Started by Eamonnca1, December 26, 2013, 11:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

So how do you prefer to spend Boxing Day? I prefer to give the Boxing Day sales a miss. I prefer to spend Boxing Day lazing around doing nothing, what else is Boxing Day for? I've spent this part of Boxing Day so far watching old films with the woman. Going for a walk here now in a minute, as Boxing Day weather goes this particular Boxing Day's not too bad.

I like Boxing Day. Boxing Day's the kind of day when you don't have anything urgent to do, there's not many days in the year like Boxing Day.

orangeman

It's over.

We'll talk about it next year. Give us a wee reminder. We'll have plenty of time to consider it.

armaghniac

West Brit, about 8500KM West.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Not in the states ;) Though I'd imagine it's called St. Stephen's day
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 26, 2013, 11:15:34 PM
So how do you prefer to spend Boxing Day? I prefer to give the Boxing Day sales a miss. I prefer to spend Boxing Day lazing around doing nothing, what else is Boxing Day for? I've spent this part of Boxing Day so far watching old films with the woman. Going for a walk here now in a minute, as Boxing Day weather goes this particular Boxing Day's not too bad.

I like Boxing Day. Boxing Day's the kind of day when you don't have anything urgent to do, there's not many days in the year like Boxing Day.

A fair few Boxing days in that post.

orangeman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 26, 2013, 11:30:00 PM

It's said that Christmas is one of the most common times for falling out domestically. Has anybody boxed on Boxing Day ?

Tony Baloney

Armaghniac and MR took it hook, line and sinker.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 26, 2013, 11:42:09 PM

I'd a smiley in so I'm out ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 26, 2013, 11:44:39 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 26, 2013, 11:42:09 PM

I'd a smiley in so I'm out ::)
You get a pass then.

Eamonnca1

My work here is done.  8)

Milltown Row2

Generating one hook is very poor in fairness :P

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 27, 2013, 09:52:01 AM
Generating one hook is very poor in fairness :P

Tony Boloney pulled the line back up, but in fairness it was poor bait.

Rudi

It really does my head in to hear Irish people refer to St Stephens Day as  Boxing Day. Only the Brits could come up with such a pathetically named day. I have little to be bothering me.

ONeill

St Stephen me arse. Did he even exist they're asking.

Happy holidays I say.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

brokencrossbar1

What do our atheist Southern brethren call Boing Day/St Stephen's Day?