"MEGA TWELFTH"

Started by lawnseed, May 04, 2013, 10:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

this came up in a discussion with a couple of my orangey workmates about a week ago when i heard the armagh celebration was to be held in newtownhamilton south armagh. for those who don't know newtown is a narrow street where one car badly parked can bring the 'town' to a standstill. theres nothing to cater for a crowd of 100 never mind all of the armagh orange order. neither of the lads seemed too impressed with the venue.
i suggested the long kesh/maze site for a mega twelfth celebration where all the orangeys could meet up and have a real orange fest. hundreds of bands, hundreds of lodges, hundreds of chipvans/icecreamvans, funfairs, praying, bonnys.. and beer- barrels of the stuff.
it would be cheaper and less hassle for the ni executive to part fund this idea than to police hundreds of marches all over the place. the site is 350 acres well serviced by road and rail and bus. it would take some planning but could it work?
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

dillinger

This has to be a wind up!

You work?

T Fearon

No.That's a Shrine to Terrorism.Hold ia at the Athletic Grounds in Armagh,after all if we can tolerate Nathan Carter we can tolerate anyone!

Hereiam

Will never work unless there are some Catholics living nearby

T Fearon

What really scuppers the suggestion is the name in the title." Co Armagh demonstration" has to be in Co Armagh.

orangeman

Quote from: T Fearon on May 04, 2013, 11:09:52 PM
What really scuppers the suggestion is the name in the title." Co Armagh demonstration" has to be in Co Armagh.

Kiwilkie then.

lawnseed

Quote from: Hereiam on May 04, 2013, 10:59:46 PM
Will never work unless there are some Catholics living nearby
do they have to be real catholics?  could we get a few foreigners to stand-in? gintas and darius perhaps could be a great hit sham intimidation..

Wildweasel74

oh i expect it to be a bad summer with alot of confrontations, these f**kers have been gearing up since the flags trouble at christmas. expect alot of dup giving out out about roads blocked in  certain areas as alot of residents groups would have taken note of the lack of police action earlier in the yr.

lawnseed

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 04, 2013, 11:32:28 PM
oh i expect it to be a bad summer with alot of confrontations, these f**kers have been gearing up since the flags trouble at christmas. expect alot of dup giving out out about roads blocked in  certain areas as alot of residents groups would have taken note of the lack of police action earlier in the yr.
it might be a bad summer but there'll be two great days when the sun will shine.. 8) further proof that god is a bowler hat wearing, sash donning, drum beating orangeman ;)

orangeman

Quote from: lawnseed on May 04, 2013, 11:44:44 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 04, 2013, 11:32:28 PM
it might be a bad summer but there'll be two great days when the sun will shine.. 8) further proof that god is a bowler hat wearing, sash donning, drum beating orangeman ;)

Leave me alone !

Syferus

The Mother tells me I was due the 12th but I waited till the 13th to come out. Says I wouldn't give the Organgemen the satisfaction. Beat that one, lads.

lawnseed

Quote from: Syferus on May 04, 2013, 11:58:04 PM
The Mother tells me I was due the 12th but I waited till the 13th to come out. Says I wouldn't give the Organgemen the satisfaction. Beat that one, lads.
oh well here goes... so you gave a blackman satisfaction instead ::)

ardchieftain

Quote from: Syferus on May 04, 2013, 11:58:04 PM
[/quote

I held on til the 14th due on the 12th] - and they would have named me billy !!

Bingo

I have one theory for the 12th - rather than avoid and protest on the parades, the republican community should embrace and actually join in as such, stand and smile and look like you are really enjoying the colour, music and atmosphere ( all through gritted teeth of course).

Confuse them, may take a few years but when they realise they aren't pissing anyone off (dumb as they are) they'll just get fed up doing it and it will fall apart. 

T Fearon

Or ignore them completely.