Football bets!!!! How to get a bet in!!!

Started by Leg End, January 06, 2008, 01:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leg End

first of all i love doing a football bet not really a fan of horsies but do them occasionally. I would spend about £20 each saturday (or any midweek night with full set of fixtures) and do the occassional scorecast (first scorer and correct score). Recently i have been coming close every week with 4team/5team accumalators and am always close with the scorecasts, but as you's know close isnt good enough.  Another bet i like doing is a £1 scorecast patent where you pick three scorers and correct scores and that gives you 3 singles 3 doubles and a treble for £7. IF it comes in you are generally talking £50,000 but if you only get one in you still get money back.

The reason for starting this thread is so that people can post their opinions on what their favourite type of football bet is(big value bets or lower risk etc) and can give tips for teams at the weekends and maybe you's can help me get a football bet in. ;) ???
we're here for a good time, not a long time

Leg End

i'll start the ball rolling fancy stoke to score first and it to be a draw so my bet would be

Fuller to score 1st
Stoke to draw 2-2

probably about 70/1 or 80/1

Square Ball

I would usually just do 5 teams to win, not very successfull at it
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

lfdown2

Puckoon

The key to these bets are always betting one less than you fancy - because its always only one bet you miss by!

Square Ball

Quote from: Leg End on January 06, 2008, 04:20:51 PM
i'll start the ball rolling fancy stoke to score first and it to be a draw so my bet would be

Fuller to score 1st
Stoke to draw 2-2

think that would be more of a donation to the bookies than a bet!!
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Leg End

Quote from: Square Ball on January 06, 2008, 04:27:46 PM
Quote from: Leg End on January 06, 2008, 04:20:51 PM

Fuller to score 1st
Stoke to draw 2-2

think that would be more of a donation to the bookies than a bet!!

i would say this won't be too far away def worth fiver

lfdown2

i think ye have a sure thing there bound to be at least work 20+

King of Kilskerry

Is there not a pack of bookies who post on here. Can they not be of any assistance it telling you how to make a few bob. Stay well clear is my advice.

Our Nail Loney

I work in a bookies yeah. You see every type of bet, people who punt huge amounts on short priced favourites, they cmoe up a lot but also get dicked a lot, like Everton at 1/5 yesterday!

Then you ge people who don't have a clue sticking random teams down for small amounts and making a fortune.

I like to use the football stats section of www.stanjames.com before I do a bet, has helped me a lot. You can see the home/away form for each team, their last six matches form, when they score their goals, top scorers, everything, its absolutely class. Also the racingpost website has a sports section that advises on every match live on tv and most others. At the end of the day just pick for yourself

I prefer to do about three or four teams, around even money, most of te time I like to get above even money, don't like backign favourites, every time I do they seem to let me down (had a gaa bet today-derry 11/8, cavan 1/1, fermanagh 4/9 and tyrone the shortest price of the lot 4/11 let me down!)

Leg end, scrap doing scorecasts they are a mugs bet. We get hundreds of tese sorta bets every week and I would say I pay out about one every two or three weeks, they are deadly to get up. People have enough trouble trying to pick a first goalscorer out of 20 (possibly more inc subs) players, or trying to predict the score of a match without trying to f**king combine the two!!

Scrap the scorecasts and stick to accums!

Leg End

thats good advice our naill and that website will be a good job. anyone who really fancies a team at any time should post here with reasons and hopefully we can help each other... ok my scorecast for tonight was way of but i did say i fancied a draw and you would have got over 2/1 for that.

illdecide

I would do a £10 4 or 5 timer and i would average a bet up every 5-6 weeks. I have had 4 bets up so far this season and i reckon i'm slightly ahead of the bookie or pretty clost to evens stevens. The trick is to do your football bet and walk out, stay away from the horses as this is what the bookie wants you to do as this is where he makes his money
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bridgegael

i would usually do accummulator and both teams to score.   pick six matches were you think the both teams will score@ 33/1, have got it up a few times but usually i'd be one or two teams short!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Minder

I usually do a £5 four timer, at odds of 1/2 upwards, will make you around £25, so you arent gonna get the head cleaved off you by the missus and the children wont go starving if you lose a few of them.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

bombidal

Smokin Joe is a ' guy who takes his punting seriously '. maybe he could help you out
*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***