Football bets!!!! How to get a bet in!!!

Started by Leg End, January 06, 2008, 01:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Our local bookie does a good deal on 1st goal scorer bets for most big TV games, if your 1st scorer goes on to score a second he doubles the odds and if he gets a hat trick he trebles the odds, a mate backed Ronaldo on Saturday but did it online with P Power so he is kicking himself now!! Ronaldo was 7/2 for 1st goal scorer and he has been bagging quite a few braces recently too.

Square Ball

I was thinking about that bet, 4/1 and 28/1 double would only pay £145 for a £1 lucky 15. is the lucky 15 a yankee with if you only get one winner then the price of that winner is doubled?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

take_yer_points

Quote from: Square Ball on January 14, 2008, 05:26:30 PM
I was thinking about that bet, 4/1 and 28/1 double would only pay £145 for a £1 lucky 15. is the lucky 15 a yankee with if you only get one winner then the price of that winner is doubled?

A lucky 1 is the same as a yankee with 4 singles. The bookie can offer bonuses sometimes if there's only 1 winning selection - usually double the odds. They don't have to do that though. That wouldn't matter for this bet anyway cos there was 2 winning selections.

I can't work out the winnings either ??? It would return £5 for Ronaldo scoring, £29 for Lescott and £145 for the double. Unless there's a bonus for Ronaldo scoring more than 1 goal - but still can't work it out

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: take_yer_points on January 14, 2008, 04:56:39 PM
Quote from: Rossie11 on January 14, 2008, 04:53:07 PM
it was £5 bets wasnt it
Ronaldo/ Lescott double would have made £725..nice one

£1 bets - it cost £15 total. Maybe the Ronaldo one pays out extra cause he scored more than 1 goal or something?

You have £ accumulator at 4/1 and 28/1 the n/r's dont count. Paying £140
4 trebles but because you have 2 nr's you have 2 of the trebles as 28/1 doubles and 4 of the trebles as 28/1 single and 5/1 single paying £315.
You have 6 doubles 1 at 28/1 and 4/1, 2 singles at 28/1 and 2 singles at 5/1 and 1 single with 2 nr's getting your stake back. These pay £211
You then have 6 singles 1 at 28/1 one at 5/1 and the 2 n'r singles get your money back. £37

Your total works out £140+£315+211+37=£703
+
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Our Nail Loney

Ya beat me to it Pat, I wanted to show off my bookie skills.

Ya gonna tell me who you are yet?

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 14, 2008, 08:13:31 PM
Ya beat me to it Pat, I wanted to show off my bookie skills.

Ya gonna tell me who you are yet?

You will know who I am someday when I come in to lift a big bet......lol
I take it you work in Frenchies then?

Leg End

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 14, 2008, 06:49:17 PM
Quote from: take_yer_points on January 14, 2008, 04:56:39 PM
Quote from: Rossie11 on January 14, 2008, 04:53:07 PM
it was £5 bets wasnt it
Ronaldo/ Lescott double would have made £725..nice one

£1 bets - it cost £15 total. Maybe the Ronaldo one pays out extra cause he scored more than 1 goal or something?

You have £ accumulator at 4/1 and 28/1 the n/r's dont count. Paying £140
4 trebles but because you have 2 nr's you have 2 of the trebles as 28/1 doubles and 4 of the trebles as 28/1 single and 5/1 single paying £315.
You have 6 doubles 1 at 28/1 and 4/1, 2 singles at 28/1 and 2 singles at 5/1 and 1 single with 2 nr's getting your stake back. These pay £211
You then have 6 singles 1 at 28/1 one at 5/1 and the 2 n'r singles get your money back. £37

Your total works out £140+£315+211+37=£703
+

Just a few miscalculations it pays...

4/1 single £5
28/1 single £29
single NR £1
single NR £1

double 4/1 and 28/1 £145
double 4/1 and NR £5
double 4/1 and other NR £5
double 28/1 and NR £29
double 28/1 and other NR £29
double NR and NR £1
treble 4/1 and 28/1 and NR £145
treble 4/1 and 28/1 and other NR £145
treble 28/1 and NR and NR £29
treble 4/1 and NR and NR £5

quad 4/1 and 28/1 and NR and NR £145

totals up at £719
we're here for a good time, not a long time

take_yer_points

How come there are two NRs? Kenny Miller didn't play right? But Anelka did - does he have to be on for a certain amount of time or something? Sounds like a good bet!

SouthArmaghBandit

Mickey Linden

If a player comes off the bench after the first goal is scored then he will be declared a non runner. If he comes off the bench before the first goal is scored he will be a runner. As I said before in a previous post I rreckon a lucky 15 is a very good bet. If u only get one up u get treble the odds.

Expeeience as usual from the watcher pat in counting that bet up there too!

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Mickey Linden on January 15, 2008, 09:52:02 AM
If a player comes off the bench after the first goal is scored then he will be declared a non runner. If he comes off the bench before the first goal is scored he will be a runner. As I said before in a previous post I rreckon a lucky 15 is a very good bet. If u only get one up u get treble the odds.

Expeeience as usual from the watcher pat in counting that bet up there too!
Thank's Mickey.....I'm sure you have paid me out a few bet's in your time.....That's when that bookie you used to work for actually paid out and didn't try to wangle out of it......

Mickey Linden

Like the day John Hartson got that first goal!

full back

I said this before but just in case.....
If you have a bit of time & one of your local bookies use a coupon you can gain a bit of an insight into where the value is.
On betfair you can check the games & see which teams are being gambled - for example a team in a lower division or a foreign team may have loads of injuries which the common punter wont know about - but rest assured someone on betfair will & will either be laying or backing a team for decent money.
You can see which teams are being gambled & the prices for that team will have tumbled.
Most bookies wont bother changing their coupons so you can have your single/accum and at least you know you are getting the value and a bit of an insight

Our Nail Loney

Aye Pat ya got it right, what bookies do you or did you work in Mickey??