Moving to Cardiff

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, October 11, 2011, 11:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Seems like I might have a new job in Cardiff, doing a variation of the same role. Just wondering do any of you lads know about the cost of living in Cardiff, what rents are like down there, where is the best place to live (would like to live close to the city centre), is it good for going out (have been there and it was good that night). Whats the transport links to Ireland like (especially the West).

So any views good bad or otherwise on Cardiff or any help on my questions.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

lawnseed

plenty of work in russia... :D ;)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

spuds

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 11, 2011, 11:44:25 PM
Seems like I might have a new job in Cardiff, doing a variation of the same role. Just wondering do any of you lads know about the cost of living in Cardiff, what rents are like down there, where is the best place to live (would like to live close to the city centre), is it good for going out (have been there and it was good that night). Whats the transport links to Ireland like (especially the West).

Like your FG/blueshirt friends a true west Brit
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: spuds on October 12, 2011, 11:03:23 AM

Like your FG/blueshirt friends a true west Brit

I think I would need to move to what they used call West Wales (Cornwall) for that to ring true  ;)

There are more people of Irish descent in Britain than in Ireland  ::)

Canalman

Cheap as chips to live there............. if you are on good money. Salaries by and large are well down on what you would get in Ireland. Saturday nights are mayhem........... trouble everywhere.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

ross4life

Seems like I might have a new job in Cardiff, doing a variation of the same role. Just wondering do any of you lads know about the cost of living in Cardiff, what rents are like down there, where is the best place to live (would like to live close to the city centre), is it good for going out (have been there and it was good that night). Whats the transport links to Ireland like (especially the West).So any views good bad or otherwise on Cardiff or any help on my questions.
About 1hr from Bristol & direct flights to Knock from there.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

sans pessimism

"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Main Street

As long as it's an internal black spot area, I hope you make a permanent success at establishing your roots there.

sammymaguire

There's already 1 gay in that village  :D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Pangurban

At last revenge for Strongbow

illdecide

Mayo u won't be allowed to bring your sheep with u but u can get another one over there and it won't be cheating as its a different post code (area code).

On a serious note...give it a lash. whats the worst can happen
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Thewhataboutery

Mayo it's a great city you'll love it. I lived there for years and i lived in the Roath area, i lived in a fair few cities and Cardiff was my fav. People are a good laugh, lots to do, not too expensive, loads of good boozers, lots of clubs and restaurants. Just a good mix and if you're single you won't be for long.

bcarrier