Cork Footballers to Follow Cork Hurlers

Started by full back, February 06, 2009, 08:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

I'm only dissapointed it took so long. The Hurlers stood by them when Frank Murphy was fckin them over last year, it's only right they should return the favour.

I wish them well.
Don't Panic

orangeman

The footballers have NOT joined the strike - they've only threatened to join it in order to put a bit more pressure on the CB and Mc Carthy - they say they'll join it after the NFL is over if the dispute isn't resolved by then.

So far from being a show of unity and bloodbrothers and all that, the footballers bottled it and showed they haven't the same loyalty to the hurlers than the hurlers had for them.

They're far too interested in playing football and so they should be.

This is just another small way of turning up the heat.

anglocelt39

There has always been the feeling that Croke Park treated the hurlers with Kid Gloves in last years strike i.e. they won't chuck us out of the hurling because they'd miss us bringing 30,000 langers to croker in August. No such problem with this lot, their following would hardly fill a feckin phone box if they lasted till august. We don't need them to make Football competitive, so if they want to go on strike, thank you and good night.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

milltown row

what a load of balls, I've not posted on this or the Hurlers strike till now as I'm pissed off hearing about the the cork hurlers and cork footballers.

if they don't want to play for the county because of the structures then tough. seems to me if they got all they wanted they still would not be happy. Kilkenny and Kerry are laughing at them. if they would concentrate on beating the likes of Kilkenny instead of the debacle that is happing now then they get more support.

move on Cork, all very boring and no one outside of Cork gives a flying F*ck