Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Quote from: mick the master on October 21, 2009, 02:29:17 AM
All this raving about sean o neill i thought he had a bad county final dont get me wrong he is a good player but in the 1st half he kicked 3or 4wides in which he could have used the players around him and in the second he was no where to be seen apart from the set up for the penalty.i just dont think he is a that grade of starting for the county just yet anyway and another thing he and some of his fellow dromore players would need to stop gloating into the other players faces,it dosent set a good example for youth who looks up to these players.

Dry your eyes, he had a great final. There can be no complaints about any of the players involved in that final.

Tommo2

Quote from: mick the master on October 21, 2009, 02:29:17 AM
Quote from: caraghtyrone on October 21, 2009, 01:35:36 AM
True or something I have said for a while is I'd like to see Davy Harte tried in the Mc Kenna cup or league at nos 10 and play the Dooher role winning breaking ball and generally industrious covering every corner of the pitch also has proved he has an eye for goal.  I feel this is a better option than Sean O Neill in the half forwards, if Harte goes to Nos 10 Sean O Neill can slot in at nos 5 and I reckon it could set us up very well on the Right hand side and also Dooher to come in for 20-30 mins!
All this raving about sean o neill i thought he had a bad county final dont get me wrong he is a good player but in the 1st half he kicked 3or 4wides in which he could have used the players around him and in the second he was no where to be seen apart from the set up for the penalty.i just dont think he is a that grade of starting for the county just yet anyway and another thing he and some of his fellow dromore players would need to stop gloating into the other players faces,it dosent set a good example for youth who looks up to these players.

I have to agree with this point. The Dromore players are renowned for it. I saw McNabb score a great point in the first half and he then proceeded to jump up and down clenhing his fists towards an Ardboe player. Some people could describe it as Ricey-esque, but maybe he learned that "point-celebration" somewhere else. Mind you they are a superb team. This is just something that turns people from other clubs against them and why most neutrals were probably supporting Ardboe.

Zapatista

Give it a rest. Did you see the penalty?  Not that it matters to me as I would have expected any team to try to do it in the same circumstances. Did you see McConville hit ward after Ardboes last point? I'm not saying Ardboe were at it more than Dromore but if you want to single out incidents then we will go round in circles.

nrico2006

QuoteThink ur writing Jordan of  a bit early.Sean as good as he is going forward we dont know that much  of him defensively,i remember people blowing Decky mccrossan up how good he was he was found out as well.Harte will start whoever he thinks best and not solely on reputation.

I don't think Deccy McCrossan was 'found out'.  Worthy of a place in the side but left for his own reasons.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

orangeman

Quote from: Zapatista on October 21, 2009, 08:49:38 AM
Give it a rest. Did you see the penalty?  Not that it matters to me as I would have expected any team to try to do it in the same circumstances. Did you see McConville hit ward after Ardboes last point? I'm not saying Ardboe were at it more than Dromore but if you want to single out incidents then we will go round in circles.

Allegedly one of your player's foreheads came into contact with Mc Conville's head at this time ??. Apparently right in front of the umpires.  :o

Zapatista

Quote from: orangeman on October 21, 2009, 09:15:32 AM
Allegedly one of your player's foreheads came into contact with Mc Conville's head at this time ??. Apparently right in front of the umpires.  :o

Around in circles.

mick the master

Quote from: Zapatista on October 21, 2009, 09:16:41 AM

Around in circles.

Around in circles.
it did happan in from of the umpires cause i was looking straight at it,it happaned after ward cleared the ball which lead to the build up to the penalty!!

Around in circles.

Final Whistle

Quote from: Zapatista on October 21, 2009, 08:49:38 AM

I find that hard to believe as there didnt seem to be any step ladders on the pitch to get up and reach him. Ardboe were doing their fair share of gloating at Ricey when they were in the ascendency. Ardboe and Dromore both played well and contributed to an excellent final, fair play to them both.

Any word on the TCB investigation into the shameful assault of Sean Quinn, who didnt deserve it to mar his big day and last game in a black shirt!!!

Zapatista

Quote from: Final Whistle on October 21, 2009, 10:02:22 AM
I find that hard to believe as there didnt seem to be any step ladders on the pitch to get up and reach him. Ardboe were doing their fair share of gloating at Ricey when they were in the ascendency. Ardboe and Dromore both played well and contributed to an excellent final, fair play to them both.

Any word on the TCB investigation into the shameful assault of Sean Quinn, who didnt deserve it to mar his big day and last game in a black shirt!!!

Good post.

I think the Quinn thing has been blowen out of proportion and won't be too hard to deal with. The danger is the hysterical reation of the likes of the BBC. I think the stewards did well along with some Ardboe players and protected the ref from any harm. I'd say the CB and the Ardboe club will deal with it fairly.

redhugh

Quote from: Zapatista on October 21, 2009, 10:07:23 AM
Quote from: Final Whistle on October 21, 2009, 10:02:22 AM

Good post.

I think the Quinn thing has been blowen out of proportion and won't be too hard to deal with. The danger is the hysterical reation of the likes of the BBC. I think the stewards did well along with some Ardboe players and protected the ref from any harm. I'd say the CB and the Ardboe club will deal with it fairly.

Agreed .Very annoying that the BBC chose to focus on the Quinn situation rather than on what was a cracking game of football. If some game at the oval or windsor had provided this level of entertainment, we'd all be sick to death of the coverage it would have received.I'm not saying that it should'nt be highlighted, just that it should not have been their main focus.

nrico2006

The BBC didn't out much attention on the fan assaulting Glenavon's Gary Hamilton on the pitch a few months back but when the GAA is involved its nearly a newsflash.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

glencullrule

Hard luck Ardboe, you lost out in gut wretching circumstances but you will be back. In the McGuigans, Kyle Coney and Gavin Teague you will be there for another wile.

The vast majority of people were supporting Ardboe. Why is this?

omagh_gael

Quote from: glencullrule on October 21, 2009, 12:11:55 PM
Hard luck Ardboe, you lost out in gut wretching circumstances but you will be back. In the McGuigans, Kyle Coney and Gavin Teague you will be there for another wile.

As in all sports everybody likes to see the underdog win, plus it's always good to see a (relatively) new name on the cup!

MR99

Quote from: glencullrule on October 21, 2009, 12:11:55 PM

Everybody loves the underdog is probably the reason.  That and the fact that there was the thought that another defeat in a county final would have maybe been the end of Dromore as a dominant force and would give others teams a chance whereas the way they won a tight game showing plenty of mettle and an extreme level of discipline has shocked the other big teams and has put a genuine fear into them that Dromore can now handle any situation that is thrown at them.  By the way I seen the McConville incident, I think Ward blinked at him and big John done the dramatics, he wasn't long getting up after he realised the umpires didn't fall for it.  Both teams were a credit, hard hitting and often controversial but that all added to the excitement.

ziggysego

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 21, 2009, 11:07:58 AM
The BBC didn't out much attention on the fan assaulting Glenavon's Gary Hamilton on the pitch a few months back but when the GAA is involved its nearly a newsflash.

The BBC failed to highlight that due to new safety regulations by FIFA, Windsor Park International capacity has been cut to just 6,000. Imagine if that had of been Casement Park or Croke Park....
Testing Accessibility