Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delegater

I heard there wasn't much in the incident. Cant see anything come of it.

More concerning is the recording of a well known, well travelled manager asking a game to be decided before a ball was thrown in. Thankfully the opposition refused and subsequently tanked them.

Localexpert

Quote from: Delegater on September 10, 2018, 07:22:30 PM

More concerning is the recording of a well known, well travelled manager asking a game to be decided before a ball was thrown in. Thankfully the opposition refused and subsequently tanked them.

Well said umpire turns his back and is shouldered from behind causing him to be planted face down in the grass so considering you can't touch the officials he wound be in for a lengthy suspension if reported.

Didnt know about that recording  however, but great to hear.

TabClear

More concerning is the recording of a well known, well travelled manager asking a game to be decided before a ball was thrown in.
Thankfully the opposition refused and subsequently tanked them.

Maybe I'm being naive but how would this even happen?? Manager says to other manager "let us win please ". Why would any team agree? And even if two managers agreed I would like to think the players would road him if he suggested they throw a game.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Localexpert on September 10, 2018, 07:30:29 PM

Well said umpire turns his back and is shouldered from behind causing him to be planted face down in the grass so considering you can't touch the officials he wound be in for a lengthy suspension if reported.

Tbf that's a slight misrepresentation of what happened. Said umpire waves a point, moves towards the two balls behind the goals to slow down the Clonoe keepers kickout, then the shoulder happens.

bigtogs

Quote from: Therealdonald on September 10, 2018, 08:58:51 PM

Tbf that's a slight misrepresentation of what happened. Said umpire waves a point, moves towards the two balls behind the goals to slow down the Clonoe keepers kickout, then the shoulder happens.

Would not think there will be any more about it unless referee reports it.. Richard Donnelly might have a small problem I am led to believe from Edendork v Trillick game ..

Localexpert

[/url]
Quote from: bigtogs on September 10, 2018, 09:08:19 PM

Would not think there will be any more about it unless referee reports it.. Richard Donnelly might have a small problem I am led to believe from Edendork v Trillick game ..

I'm guessing the level of detail you know regarding the two balls makes me think you have the same video as I? If video is paused at point of impact said umpire is at least 3 yards from the 2 balls so how can you tell what his intentions were?  Anyway it's all irrelevant as you can't knock a match official to the ground whatever the circumstances.

Does the ref need to report it if he didn't see it?  Can the cccccccccccccccc not look at video evidence?

bigtogs

Quote from: Localexpert on September 10, 2018, 09:23:31 PM
[/url]

I'm guessing the level of detail you know regarding the two balls makes me think you have the same video as I? If video is paused at point of impact said umpire is at least 3 yards from the 2 balls so how can you tell what his intentions were?  Anyway it's all irrelevant as you can't knock a match official to the ground whatever the circumstances.

Does the ref need to report it if he didn't see it?  Can the cccccccccccccccc not look at video evidence?

Not sure if they can or can't, talking to a Fianna man today he told me Pomeroy keeper bounced the ball of Fianna umpires head yesterday because he disagreed with his decision..

square_ball

Sure isn't it just great to have club football back! I've missed all these shenanigans.

Therealdonald

[/url]

No I was at the game and seen it firsthand. What happened shouldn't have happened but when you play with fire you get burned. The intention to move towards the balls was clear as day. Balls were behind the goals to the umpires left, about 7 yards from the LHS post, why did the umpire move from the post at all?

Localexpert

Quote from: Therealdonald on September 10, 2018, 09:39:35 PM
[/url]

No I was at the game and seen it firsthand. What happened shouldn't have happened but when you play with fire you get burned. The intention to move towards the balls was clear as day. Balls were behind the goals to the umpires left, about 7 yards from the LHS post, why did the umpire move from the post at all?

Can't answer that because I'm not a mind reader but if I were he id say I was merely going to get the ball for the kickout  ::)
But again the circumstances are irrelevant and keeper should be handed a big suspension.....

Carmen Stateside

bigtogs

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: bigtogs on September 10, 2018, 10:43:14 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 10, 2018, 10:32:37 PM
Had the umpire a big nose?

I think you know him...lol...

A complete clampet with a personalised number plate PK!! What was he doing trying to block O'Neill, didn't get hit hard enough
Living the dream!!!

Carmen Stateside

;D ;D
yous weren't giving me much to work with.

Under Lights

Anyone able to forward recordings of manager / videos of row. PM me.