Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Feel for Aghyaran tonight after they find themselves in the relegation mix after Killyclogher throw their final league game. Disgusting really team train all year to be potentially relegated by another sides lack of respect for the league system.
Living the dream!!!

Gaafan2

Massive win for the Plunketts in Galbally today. But for more than a few questionable decisions from Shane Meehan we'd have won that game comfortable. Looks like Aghyaran away next up.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: gaafan2 on October 28, 2018, 05:27:41 PM
Massive win for the Plunketts in Galbally today. But for more than a few questionable decisions from Shane Meehan we'd have won that game comfortable. Looks like Aghyaran away next up.

I'd expect Pomeroy to beat Aghyaran and what an escape that would be from being dead and buried after losing to Aghyaran in the league. And I don't expect the Division 2 playoff winners to be in Division 1 next year only 2 teams will go.
Living the dream!!!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 28, 2018, 05:14:18 PM
Feel for Aghyaran tonight after they find themselves in the relegation mix after Killyclogher throw their final league game. Disgusting really team train all year to be potentially relegated by another sides lack of respect for the league system.

They were bottom for a large majority of the season.

Gaafan2

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 28, 2018, 05:43:59 PM

I'd expect Pomeroy to beat Aghyaran and what an escape that would be from being dead and buried after losing to Aghyaran in the league. And I don't expect the Division 2 playoff winners to be in Division 1 next year only 2 teams will go.

To be fair I wouldn't say we were dead and buried, it's always been in our own hands and still is. It'll be tough up in Aghyaran to get the win but I still feel we're more than capable. Truth be told, without being arrogant, we shouldn't find ourselves in the position we're in. For one reason or another it's been a really poor season.

Tyrone Gaa

Killyclogher should be fined for today's forfeit, 3-21 to 0-5 an absolute disgrace I'm glad Coalisland beat them in the championship, they're club is not fit for purpose and if I was on their committee I would be calling an urgent meeting to find out why the club was let down so badly. A poor representation from a poor club!!! They didn't even try and hide the fact they were throwing points, pure arrogance!!
Living the dream!!!

Soviet Unionist

Hopefully yous do win.

Gaafan2

Quote from: Soviet Unionist on October 28, 2018, 08:20:42 PM

Hopefully yous do win.

Cheers  :)

ONeill

Losers of Kildress and Aghaloo go down?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on October 29, 2018, 12:00:47 AM

Yes.

Winners v Beragh or Eskra.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 29, 2018, 12:14:54 AM
Quote from: ONeill on October 29, 2018, 12:00:47 AM

Yes.

Winners v Beragh or Eskra.
Eddie's taking bets for Moortown to go down next yesr

Redhand Santa

Have to agree that was an absolute disgrace what killyclogher did yesterday. Totally unfair on multiple clubs fighting for points. Not only did they give points they also could have effected scoring difference if things had worked out differently.

It's not like there was a big gap after the final either. No one expected them to train this week but they could easily have fulfilled the fixture. Augher managed a win after losing a county final last week. I hope some day soon killyclogher are in trouble and someone throws points to another team.

The county board are going to have to reduce the games with the county players to get the league wrapped up pre championship. There is too many farcical results at this stage of the year.  Some on here say it doesn't matter as you should have done enough all year but that's totally wrong. There is 2 points separating about 7 teams at the bottom. A few teams have been thrown one or two games getting them out of trouble. Other teams haven't had the luxury down to luck of the fixtures and have suffered.

Gaafan2

Quote from: Redhand Santa on October 29, 2018, 08:31:48 AM
Have to agree that was an absolute disgrace what killyclogher did yesterday. Totally unfair on multiple clubs fighting for points. Not only did they give points they also could have effected scoring difference if things had worked out differently.

It's not like there was a big gap after the final either. No one expected them to train this week but they could easily have fulfilled the fixture. Augher managed a win after losing a county final last week. I hope some day soon killyclogher are in trouble and someone throws points to another team.

The county board are going to have to reduce the games with the county players to get the league wrapped up pre championship. There is too many farcical results at this stage of the year.  Some on here say it doesn't matter as you should have done enough all year but that's totally wrong. There is 2 points separating about 7 teams at the bottom. A few teams have been thrown one or two games getting them out of trouble. Other teams haven't had the luxury down to luck of the fixtures and have suffered.

I totally agree, the league must be wrapped up before Championship starts. Unfortunately every other team near the bottom of the league has benefited from playing teams that have thrown points or played weakened teams apart from us.

LeoMc

Quote from: Redhand Santa on October 29, 2018, 08:31:48 AM

Did they not field? The website has them down as losing 3:21 to0:05 away. Is it any worse than Coalislands performance at home to Clonoe?
How do you make players who want to go on the drink on a Saturday night travel to a meaningless (to them) away fixture at the end of season? They are not paid or contracted.

Redhand Santa

Coalisland clonoe meant nothing to no one. If killyclogher had any respect to the league or other teams at the bottom they would have fulfilled the fixture properly. As I said it wasn't like it was weeks after the county final and I'm sure the majority of the team could have spared a few hours to play their last game for months. If they'd give it half a go and lost I wouldn't be giving out.

I also would have had more sympathy if they'd won last week and where resting players ahead of a big push for Ulster.