All-Ireland Club Championships January-March 2018

Started by Ball Hopper, January 03, 2018, 01:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Not saying it should be tolerated - the ref has plenty of eyes and ears at these high profile matches and should be able to catch most things. Some may be missed and thats unfortunate but I do think that Sean Cavanagh has always been a whinge to officials and it doesn't look good - there are plenty of top class footballers like him that don't get involved like this.

All my point was is I know he's doing nothing wrong but I prefer someone like Marc O'Se who goes about his business the way he does as opposed to Cavanagh!

imtommygunn

As bad as he is he's not even close to cillian o'connor in this regard though!

Orchard park

Sean Cavanagh is taking up refereeing full-time now, nobody more experienced....and created the black card sure

Hes some  whinge moany f**ker....... i played against both  John Lynch and Plunkett Donaghy , Christ they didnt go moaning to refs......

imtommygunn

Orchard park

Before he turned gamekeeper!!!!

None so pure as a reformed whore

Rossfan

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 05, 2018, 10:07:11 PM
How did he create the black card?
He didn't. 
It was passed 4 months before the infamous rubby tackle but the Urban myth persists that that tackle caused the GAA to introduce the black card.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Orchard park on February 05, 2018, 09:59:07 PM
Sean Cavanagh is taking up refereeing full-time now, nobody more experienced....and created the black card sure

Hes some  whinge moany f**ker....... i played against both  John Lynch and Plunkett Donaghy , Christ they didnt go moaning to refs......

Them 2 boys would of clipped you back if you punched or kicked them, something you cant do in todays game. were not living in the 80s any more.  If Sean ever reacts to that he will end up watching from the line as well.  If there has been an infringement of course your going to try and gain a competitive advantage.  Its the indiscipline of the opponent that causes the reaction and that's where the problem lies.
Living the dream!!!

oakleaflad

Sean Cavanagh is getting a lot of unwarranted criticism on here. If someone strikes one of your players in an All Ireland Club Semi Final or Final and you don't try to bring it to the referee's attention, you are an idiot.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: oakleaflad on February 06, 2018, 10:06:51 AM
Sean Cavanagh is getting a lot of unwarranted criticism on here. If someone strikes one of your players in an All Ireland Club Semi Final or Final and you don't try to bring it to the referee's attention, you are an idiot.

100% Correct
Living the dream!!!

Dire Ear

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 06, 2018, 10:09:53 AM

100% Correct
Have to agree

Ball Hopper

Update 12 Feb with senior hurling semi-finals...

All-Ireland Club Championships January-March 2018

Senior Football

21 January: Corofin (Galway) 3-8  Fulham Irish (London) 1-4 in Ruislip, London
17 February: Corofin v Moorefield (Kildare) 2pm in Tullamore
24 February: Nemo Rangers (Cork) v Slaughtneil (Derry) 4:30pm in Portlaoise
17 March: Final - in Croke Park

Intermediate Football

27 January: Michael Glavey's (Roscommon) 0-13 Kilanerin (Wexford) 0-11 2pm in Mullingar
27 January: Moy (Tyrone) 1-5 An Ghaeltacht (Kerry) 0-6  2pm in Thurles
3 February: Final - Moy (Tyrone) 1-10 Michael Glavey's (Roscommon) 0-7  3:45pm in Croke Park

Junior Football

20 January: Multyfarnham (Westmeath) 1-14 Lahardane Gaels (Mayo) 2-9 v 2pm Dr. Hyde Park, Roscommon
20 January: Knocknagree (Cork) 2-7 v Naomh Colmcille (Donegal) 0-6 2pm Mullingar
3 February: Final - Knocknagree (Cork) 3-13 Multyfarnham (Westmeath) 3-9 2pm in Croke Park

Senior Hurling

10 February: Na Piarsaigh (Limerick) 3-15 Slaughtneil (Derry) 3-8 2pm Parnell Park
10 February:  Cuala (Dublin) 1-17 Liam Mellows (Galway) 0-11 4pm Thurles
17 March: Final - Cuala (Dublin) v Na Piarsaigh (Limerick) in Croke Park

Intermediate Hurling

20 January: St. Patrick's, Ballyragget (Kilkenny) 3-14 Toureen (Mayo) 1-9 in Gaelic Grounds, Limerick
27 January: Kanturk (Cork) 3-13 Middletown Na Fianna (Armagh) 0-12 2pm in Newbridge
4 February: Final - Kanturk (Cork) 1-18 St. Patrick's, Ballyragget (Kilkenny) 1-17 in Croke Park

Junior Hurling

20 January: St. Mogues, Fethard (Wexford) 0-18 Sylane (Galway) 0-9 in Parnell Park
27 January: Ardmore (Waterford) 4-12 Setanta (Donegal) 0-13 2pm in Navan
4 February: Final - Ardmore (Waterford) 3-11 St. Mogues, Fethard (Wexford) 0-18 in Croke Park

magpie seanie

Quote from: Dire Ear on February 06, 2018, 12:41:00 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 06, 2018, 10:09:53 AM

100% Correct
Have to agree

Don't think anyone can truthfully disagree with that.

Orchard park

to me he is trying to bring a lot to refs attention and that those actions  may not necessarily be in the spirit of the game also

square_ball

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: square_ball on February 17, 2018, 02:04:04 PM
Anyone know what that red card was for??

I have no idea. Even replayed it a few times. Crazy.