Potterin' about...

Started by thejuice, March 07, 2017, 11:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Nobody accuse us lads of being bigs girls blouses  ;D

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 08, 2017, 09:47:36 AM
I thought 'potterin about' was things women do when they go off to the shops for an hour or two whilst you go to the pub!

Added caveat of this taking place on holidays!

That's my interpretation of potterin
I live in the north but my wife is a Dub, when I come in the house and ask her what's she been up to she says "oh just potterin"
When I look round and the place is the same mess as when I left I took it for code as " I have been in a state of motion but really have done f..k all"
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Take Your Points

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 08, 2017, 01:51:27 PM
I thought 'potterin about' was things women do when they go off to the shops for an hour or two whilst you go to the pub!

I live in the north but my wife is a Dub, when I come in the house and ask her what's she been up to she says "oh just potterin"
When I look round and the place is the same mess as when I left I took it for code as " I have been in a state of motion but really have done f..k all"

She's not on the Board then?

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Take Your Points on March 08, 2017, 03:32:05 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 08, 2017, 01:51:27 PM

She's not on the Board then?

I hope not
🤔

doodaa

Il try my hand at anything, DIY, gardening, car mechanics, spray painting. My big problem is ive a while bad habit of starting a new project before finishing the last project. That drives the wife crazy lol

Olly

I like mowing but get addicted to it. When I finish mowing my field on my Husqvarna TC138 I just keep on going and mow all the neighbourses too, sometimes flowing through hedges and fences.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Orior

Is pottering about the same as futtering about?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

thejuice

Quote from: Orior on March 09, 2017, 09:18:21 PM

Not the same but there's a fine line between the two that's easily crossed.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Orior on March 09, 2017, 09:18:21 PM

Futtering is reserved for restoring vintage tractors and bluffing at work

The Iceman

I've found theres a youtube video for every job to be done. I've turned my hand at most wee jobs and some big jobs as a result - I've changed shower heads, replaced innards of toilets, installed a garbage disposal unit under the sink, build bike mounts for the garage....
My Da would be very handy and I watched him do most wee jobs over the years for friends and family and never realized how much of it I picked up until I went to do the same jobs myself and just kind of knew what to do....
built a stud wall with the eldest son last summer to make more storage in the garage  - definitely enjoyed the achievement - wrote our names on the frame before we put the chipboard on - he still talks about it
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

BarryBreensBandage

Surely it is futerin' instead of futterin'?
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Puckoon

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Puckoon on March 09, 2017, 11:47:26 PM
Footerin

Depends on how you usually pronounce foot.  Many of us say fut for foot.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Taylor

Have at least 5 jobs on the go, some a year old. Doesnt amuse the other half.
Only seem to bother doin them if I am at a lose end ratehr than wanting to actually finish the job