Kildare v Tyrone - Newbridgeornowhere June 29th

Started by Dinny Breen, June 24, 2019, 09:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

would rather go to croke park than newbridge.

under the bar

Quote from: clarshack on June 24, 2019, 02:12:24 PM

I know but the quality of the cutlery on offer would be substandard by comparison.

trailer

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on June 24, 2019, 02:30:39 PM
Newbridge confirmed

Proper order IMO - They were drawn first, they deserve home advantage. Although I was more likely to go if it was Croke and a double header.

Crete Boom

Lads while the result wasn't the best for us Mayo folk I had a great time in the sun in Newbridge last year and it was a great place to go for a match. The Kildare lads are sound as a pound and the pints were great before and after down the town. It was a great atmosphere at the game compared to an empty Croke Park with the seagulls flying about the place!! Really old school provincial grounds are perfect for qualifier games like this.

bogball88

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 24, 2019, 02:37:57 PM
Lads while the result wasn't the best for us Mayo folk I had a great time in the sun in Newbridge last year and it was a great place to go for a match. The Kildare lads are sound as a pound and the pints were great before and after down the town. It was a great atmosphere at the game compared to an empty Croke Park with the seagulls flying about the place!! Really old school provincial grounds are perfect for qualifier games like this.
Any good recommendations?

Fuzzman

It's been a weird season so far in the championship for Tyrone as we seem to be playing in 2nd gear nearly all the time. We ended the league on a good run and did very well to beat Dublin at home.
The performances since have been very lacklustre and the easy explanation would be to say they are just coasting through with the plan to be ready for the hard games in the super 8s. A dangerous game some would say.
Donegal certainly have raised the bar and are looking like serious contenders but they could be in a very difficult group this year but I would say they fear nobody at the moment.

I would imagine we'll have to raise our game a good bit if we are to get past Kildare. A lot of our so called big game players have been quite poor so far. Mattie and Sludden especially. Harte wasn't bad on Sat night I thought and scored 9 points in total, 2 from play.
McShane is causing teams all sorts of problems and he's the 4th top scorer which not many of us would have been expecting at the start of the year. Donegal showed though that he can be nullified quite handy.

Adam Tyrell      29
Cormac Costello      27
Rian O'Neill      25
Cathal McShane      24

I watched Dublin v Kildare and I thought Kildare did OK up until half time but then like most teams got hammered in the second half. I would hope we would see a big performance this weekend as otherwise we could be on the scrapheap.

TheGreatest

Crete Boom

Quote from: bogball88 on June 24, 2019, 02:44:03 PM

I liked the Bru House and Johnson's ( The Liffey Arms). There is Coffeys which was grand and O'Rourkes which is across the road from the ground but the great thing about Newbridge is the ground is in the middle of the town so every pub is walking distance from the game!! I am sure Dinny and the boys will have some more recommendations.

Dinny Breen

McDonnells would be the home of Moorefield and the best beer garden in Newbridge but it will be packed. I also like Harrigans and Flanagan's on the back street. Newbridge is a drinking town in fairness.

Traffic will be bad so travel early.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 24, 2019, 02:55:16 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on June 24, 2019, 02:44:03 PM

I liked the Bru House and Johnson's ( The Liffey Arms). There is Coffeys which was grand and O'Rourkes which is across the road from the ground but the great thing about Newbridge is the ground is in the middle of the town so every pub is walking distance from the game!! I am sure Dinny and the boys will have some more recommendations.

Bru has closed and Swifts is up for sale again.

Coffeys, Johnsons or Neesons are all grand and within a stones throw of the ground.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

tc_manchester

As a Tyrone man living in Newbridge all the pubs are pretty good but Con Cummins would be my favourite. If anybody fancies singing then Con will hand the guitar out over the bar.

rosnarun

I thinll the numbers at the antrim game put to bed any idea of the game being played in Croker .  seemd to be about 400 there in total
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

bogball88

Quote from: rosnarun on June 24, 2019, 03:46:42 PM
I thinll the numbers at the antrim game put to bed any idea of the game being played in Croker .  seemd to be about 400 there in total
The clickers had 1800 or so through the gate. Appeared to be more Kildare than Antrim fans as well

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: tc_manchester on June 24, 2019, 03:43:29 PM
As a Tyrone man living in Newbridge all the pubs are pretty good but Con Cummins would be my favourite. If anybody fancies singing then Con will hand the guitar out over the bar.

Edward Harrigan's is a decent spot too, and just across from the Ground?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...