NFL Div 2 2020

Started by Laoiseabu, October 18, 2019, 12:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

We'd be odds on to drop for sure. Cavan went down and we stayed up, but Cavan would beat us six or seven times out of ten in my opinion.

We have to concentrate on winning the games we need to be winning, and hopefully improve as we do that. It's a tired tune these days, particularly in Laois, but we need our best players committing so that we can put together some sort of cohesion. Both the hurlers and footballers have to make do at times, and that's just not going to cut it. I don't know why Laois seem to suffer more than most with absenteeism, but the fact is we do, and it hurts us badly. There is no point throwing lads like Brennan, Quirke and Sugrue at the situation if we can't get our best players involved.

recyclebin

We drew with Roscommon and beat Armagh and both were promoted and should have lost to both teams that were relegated. It was a strange league for us overall. Next year, we will need to target the Clare, Down and Westmeath games. Mayo and Cork will be too strong. It could go either way against Meath and Kildare.

Laoiseabu

The way I see it it's probably going to be Mayo,Cork,Meath,Kildare fighting for promotion and then Westmeath,Down,Laois,Clare fighting to avoid relegation. Seems to be a bit of a gulf in class between the top and bottom teams in division 2 next year . I find it very interesting that Roscommon won division 2 this year with only half of their usual panel of players due to a number of different circumstances during the year in the squad . Armagh also got promoted and they are nowhere near division 1 standard from what I seen of them .I'd expect division 2 to be of quite a higher standard next year.

Giovanni

The performance on Saturday was extremely poor, notwithstanding the excellent last 10 minutes. That standard won't be near good enough in Division 2 next year.

Laois Rising

Laois definitely played a 'get out of jail' free card last weekend. Fermanagh were the better team and we looked clueless in how to break down their defensive structure for most of that game- it was very much a continuation of Westmeath game where we were very one dimensional. A penalty and fortunate second goal at the death gave us the momentum shift and with Fermanagh having nothing to play for we knocked on a couple of additional scores to put a lop sided appearance on the final score board.

Saying all that delighted to get the win and the infusion of youth on proceedings near the end showed exactly what is needed for next year- plenty more energy, enthusiasm and speed.