International rules

Started by tonto1888, September 26, 2017, 09:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Remember when people used to actually go to this. Fun times.

BennyCake

Quote from: trailer on November 18, 2019, 05:09:57 PM
Remember when people used to actually go to this. Fun times.

Aye, I went myself 3 or 4 times. But it's gone way past it's sell by date. And running it every 2 years proved both associations aren't arsed with it either. Time to go, and for the GAA get their finger out with the Railway Cup.

tippabu

Surely this will be played along as a double header with the bloody Sunday centenary match planned for November

Rossfan

No.
Sure everybody will be at the Bennycake Railway Cup Final!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

five points

The Railway Cup was dead as a dodo 40 years ago when we were dragged off to the midlands to see Peter McGinnity, Colm McAlarney and Dermot Earley play.

They'll still be playing the International Rules in 2060. And nobody will care either.

From the Bunker

Quote from: topofthesoil on November 19, 2019, 02:14:01 PM
Cant see Dublins main men playing any part in this due to the chance and risk of injuries etc. Or am i wrong?

They (Dublin) are above playing in this. And I mean this with the best of intentions.

heffo

Apart from the journalists who get a three week holiday in Oz and the Croke park staff (who may or may not have any operational connection to the games) who get drawn out of a hat to go - does anyone give a toss about this anymore?

t_mac

Cant see Dublins main men playing any part in this due to the chance and risk of injuries etc. Or am i wrong?

You are usually wrong, why change the habit.

clarshack

Quote from: heffo on November 20, 2019, 09:25:39 AM
Apart from the journalists who get a three week holiday in Oz and the Croke park staff (who may or may not have any operational connection to the games) who get drawn out of a hat to go - does anyone give a toss about this anymore?

My son wants to go and see a game next year as he has never seen it before. I'm sure there will be plenty like him.

t_mac

Quote from: topofthesoil on November 20, 2019, 11:11:37 AM
Quote from: t_mac on November 20, 2019, 10:12:32 AM

Just remember i was the only man i seen on here tip Derrygonnelly to beat Trillick you imbecile.
Put some respect on my name

"You are a fluky tipster but you can forget about you as a man."  8)

Pearse Blue

Quote from: t_mac on November 20, 2019, 12:56:42 PM
Quote from: topofthesoil on November 20, 2019, 11:11:37 AM
Quote from: t_mac on November 20, 2019, 10:12:32 AM

Just remember i was the only man i seen on here tip Derrygonnelly to beat Trillick you imbecile.
Put some respect on my name

"You are a fluky tipster but you can forget about you as a man."  8)
Any man that calls himself mystic soil can forget about themselves as a man

Gaagaagaa20

Quote from: clarshack on November 20, 2019, 10:17:04 AM

My son wants to go and see a game next year as he has never seen it before. I'm sure there will be plenty like him.
Well im sure that your son was at the top of everyone's agenda when they were deciding whether or not to hold the series. What away to justify this waste of time, money and resources. Tube

Rossfan

Let's stop pesky kids enjoying themselves.
The IR series more than pays for itself anyway.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

clarshack

Quote from: Gaagaagaa20 on November 20, 2019, 03:58:02 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 20, 2019, 10:17:04 AM

Well im sure that your son was at the top of everyone's agenda when they were deciding whether or not to hold the series. What away to justify this waste of time, money and resources. Tube

Sure we'll cancel it just because you don't like it. To hell with everyone else. Twat.