Ulster LGFA shambles..tonights game forfeited by Derry's Steelestown

Started by Lazer, November 02, 2022, 10:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tintin25

Is it just me or does Cavan always seem to have amalgamated teams?

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

Wildweasel74

I say a no of ladies teams, especially younger girls woukd not have 2sets of boots, played yrs with only metal studs until the harder summer ground forced me to change to moulded, then I worn them in any weather. Seen the damn price of boots these days

Itchy

Quote from: SHEEDY on November 04, 2022, 07:47:32 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on November 04, 2022, 05:40:17 PM
https://youtu.be/aWG-s4wopEM

Some finish
embarrassing, hopefully Derrygonnelly win final after all this.

Why, what did the girl do? Was she supposed to walk off head bowed in shame. It quite clear now where the blame for this shambles lies.

delgany

Very poor outcome for both teams. You would want to win a game on the field. Which begs the question - what would happen  if the Cavan team deliberately take the score? Would it be abandoned as a 0-0 draw and go to a replay ?

nrico2006

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 04, 2022, 09:20:54 PM
I say a no of ladies teams, especially younger girls woukd not have 2sets of boots, played yrs with only metal studs until the harder summer ground forced me to change to moulded, then I worn them in any weather. Seen the damn price of boots these days

And if they were told of the backup pitch, how many would have automatically known that studs were a no go?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

Also, if one team fails to field, why the charade of having one team play and score? Why did this not happen between Dromintee and Crossmaglen back when players were missing due to a stag do?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Armagh18

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 04, 2022, 10:09:08 PM
Also, if one team fails to field, why the charade of having one team play and score? Why did this not happen between Dromintee and Crossmaglen back when players were missing due to a stag do?
Because Dromintee did field and it was a wedding not a stag

thewobbler

So steelstown are now claiming a lack of "clear and definitive guidance", while not missing the opportunity to stick a player welfare boot in.

Honestly, I can't have sympathy for any club that agrees to rules and then changes their mind.

It's a shit situation all round but the initial aghast thrown at Ulster was more than a tad unfair.

nrico2006

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 04, 2022, 10:24:01 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on November 04, 2022, 10:09:08 PM
Because Dromintee did field and it was a wedding not a stag

Why field though, to avoid a fine?

currychip

Imagine Kerry plays on a Sunday, made to play the next Wednesday, then final next Sunday.  Do you ever remember that happening in a senior mens competition?  Me neither.  We can't comprehend it because it just wouldn't happen.  We'd understand why because we know it would be a farce to have so many key games so close together.  Forget Steelstown's gripe about the 3G pitch.  That was the wrong line to take.  The Ulster LGFA put them in a bind because of poor planning having such key games so close together.  There was no regard for player welfare, nor for the integrity of the competition.  Did they think they'd get the best outcome from compressing the final 3 games of the competition?  They didn't care, just wanted the competition finished.  Steelstown lost the final last year by 1 point.  Do people think they just casually threw their chance of a final?  Ulster LGFA ballsed up.  In the first place,  by not planning contingency for a pitch failure the first day. This is Ireland.  October is always wet.  No contingency for an unplayable pitch on day 1.  Screw ups thereafter.  Ulster LGFA are incompetent.  Steelstown didn't play their cards well but are ultimately the loser.  They should have gone and played on their bare feet if they had to.  But Ulster LGFA behaved with no virtue and have no credibility if they ever mention player welfare again.

Lazer

Steelstown have disagreed with the Ulster LGFA and issued their own statement ...they have stated that that the Ulster LGFA statement contains omissions errors and misleading statements

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0qtnxyBRn1Rjqpc4GVLFLRHTFEwRA6WGnVthDNpRqq19iFEgL4xPrVw6KNN8bG6Nzl&id=100045070193647
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)