China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on March 16, 2020, 08:30:33 PM
There was a case mentioned on the ITV News earlier of a man who was hospitalised on 3 March & only died last Friday, on the 13th. What is, or has been, going on?

On that link I posted earlier, average of 17 days from catching it to dieing from it, if you are going to die from it that is.

Saffrongael

Quote from: seafoid on March 16, 2020, 08:16:08 PM
Quote from: Taylor on March 16, 2020, 07:06:30 PM
So Boris has said stop non essential travel, close pubs & clubs and socially isolate.

But we are keeping schools open.

What is the actual rationale behind sending kids to sit in classrooms while putting in place the other actions?

Surely the things are absolutely counter productive to each other?
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn warned this week that large numbers of people having to self-isolate is "only likely to increase" domestic abuse incidents in the UK.

No offence but I don't think anyone should be listening to Jeremy fckn Corbyn
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Itchy on March 16, 2020, 08:20:35 PM
Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on March 16, 2020, 08:12:13 PM
DUP again picking and choosing which bits fit their agenda. Can't wait to see what they make of this science:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2134162-five-things-you-need-to-know-about-dup-politicians-and-science/

Just for the record and for the purposes of balance SF are not much better. They have make a complete clusterf**k of this as well losing any sane argument they had with stupid rhetoric and comments. Not unlike what happened after the GE in the South. However there is far more at stake here.

How do you reckon that. Few curse words aside they are the only party in the North talking any sense on this.

Yes I agree with you on that in terms of their actual message but they need to dial down the rhetoric otherwise it gets lost in the noise of calling people baxtards and dicks on Twitter. This leaves the door wide open for others to distract from it. 

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on March 16, 2020, 08:21:38 PM
https://www.ft.com/content/e015e096-6532-11ea-a6cd-df28cc3c6a68
"The situation in other countries now resembles the situation we were in during the first few weeks of the Sars spread in Taiwan in early 2003," says Prof Su. "You are not ready, you have no experience."
After the Sars epidemic, Professor Su Ih-jen overhauled Taiwan's entire public health system

Early travel restrictions, aggressive testing and screening of contacts and strict quarantine rules have been key. Universal healthcare, clear management structures for the public health response and proactive communication to get the population on board have also helped.  "

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cunny Funt

54 new cases of the coronavirus have been diagnosed in the Republic today, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 223.

In Northern Ireland, seven new cases of coronavirus were confirmed today, bringing the total number of cases to 52.

There are now 275 cases of Covid-19 on the island of Ireland.

armaghniac

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 16, 2020, 09:19:33 PM
54 new cases of the coronavirus have been diagnosed in the Republic today, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 223.

In Northern Ireland, seven new cases of coronavirus were confirmed today, bringing the total number of cases to 52.

Remembering that the two numbers are not comparable, as the North are not testing people who do not require hospitalisation.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Joeythelips

This may have been posted already but it's a brilliant read and the visuals give a great indication of how a few people can cause serious damage by not taking proper precautions.   https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

Itchy

Quote from: armaghniac on March 16, 2020, 09:24:47 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 16, 2020, 09:19:33 PM

Remembering that the two numbers are not comparable, as the North are not testing people who do not require hospitalisation.

South testing f**k all too. I know 5 people now waiting on test 3 days, none have received one yet.

Eamonnca1

Santa Clara County, where I live, and five other Bay Area counties have issued a shelter-in-place order.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/16/california-coronavirus-shelter-in-place-bay-area

It's not quite a curfew, but it's still pretty serious.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: macdanger2 on March 16, 2020, 06:19:55 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 16, 2020, 05:34:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2020, 02:25:25 PM
How many boarders are off work and self isolating?

When I texted my wife on Friday I told her to come home, bring her computer, and don't go back to the office. Her employer won't let her work from home even though there's no reason for her to be sitting in her cubicle doing what she does - all of it can be done remotely. I told her not to go back to the office anyway, f**k those guys. At any rate the docs gave her a sick note so she's officially not working this week, but I've still forbade her to go back to the office come next week.

Do you live in the 1940s??  ;D ;D

I might, but she doesn't. I forbid her from doing a lot of things, but it doesn't always stop her!

playwiththewind1st

Agency workers being told this evening that if the organisation you are currently placed with decides to shut down, then your assignment is at an end. Thanks a feckin lot, Grafton.

Aristo 60

yellowcard

How many lives have the UK government cost already through their inability to take prompt decisive action? Whether it was an attempted power play in aftermath of Brexit, a profit before people approach or simply very poor judgement from their own medical advisors they have lost some crucial days in the attempts to combat and lessen the spread of the virus. Even with the latest instalment of advice which is belatedly welcome, they are sending out mixed messages in terms of restrictions on mass gatherings.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: TheOptimist on March 16, 2020, 07:40:01 PM
So now they are throwing pregnant women into the at risk category all of a sudden. My wife is 20 weeks and works in a pharmacy and has been dealing with effers fighting over toilet roll  nappies and calpol the last week.

Add to that her employer a big chain seems to only  be  intent on cashing in unlike some others I've heard off

can you please provide a link? My wife 36.5wks pregnant with our first.
Unsettling times
Hasta la victoria siempre